XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've tried searching the forums but if I've missed something then feel free to brand me with the dullard flag and send me on my way.

My problem is connecting my iPhone to the cable in the arm-rest. I have an Apple Bumper Case for the phone which is great because it's unobtrusive but the connection at the dock end is too small for the Jaguar-supplied cable to fit. I've had the similar issue with other accessories which I've only used occasionally (eg Griffin iTrip which I used to play music in my Mondeo when on long trips) so in those cases, I've just removed the case. For occasional use, that's fine, but as I want to have my iPhone docked every time I'm in the car, it's a right faff.

Does anyone have an iPhone 4 case where the dock connector is suitably exposed to actually plug in the Jag-supplied cable? Alternatively, is there another clever way around this?

I've tried looking this up on Google and found some hints on a BMW forum which suggested filing down the cable in the glove box - I'm not up for that as I expect that the cable costs WAY more than a new iPhone case...

Any hints / tips / thoughts would be gratefully received...

Many thanks,

John

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

I'v got an incase iphone4 case this does not restrict access to the dock connector, also does a great job of protecting the iPhone

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
242 Posts
I purchased a proper Apple iPhone 4 bumper (which is totally overpriced at £26) and used my Dremel tool to enlarge the opening for the docking cable. It looks superb, is functional and the rubber on the bumper allows the iPhone to sit neatly on my mid console without slipping off when cornering.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've kinda got around the problem but turning my old iPhone 3G into an iPod and leaving it in the cubby hole. My iPhone 4 is bluetooth linked to the handsfree and lives in my pocket :)

That said, I have discovered that the dock connector in the Jag doesn't really hook into the 3G very well... something has changed in the spec as it grips the iPhone 4 really tightly. Gonna blame Apple for that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts