XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been playing around on the online configurator and noticed that there doesn't appear to be an option to select Ivory leather interior. The alternatives on offer appear to be limited to black, barley and tan.

Is this a bug in the software (I hope) or has Ivory been dropped?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just been playing around on the online configurator and noticed that there doesn't appear to be an option to select Ivory leather interior.
I noticed that too. It looks like it has been dropped from all specs apart from Portfolio as from MY2015.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More fiddling reveals that, according to the configurator, you can only have Ivory on XF saloon Portfolio models. That has got to be a mistake in the configurator.

If Jaguar has dropped Ivory, and started charging extra for anything other than black, it can't be on the basis of any rational data when Ivory was the only colour for which they charged an extra £800, thereby skewing the choice people made.

The problem for me is that whilst Barley is a perfectly nice colour it is paired with that awful reddish brown Truffle on the dashboard and steering wheel. If it came with Oyster or (can't believe I'm writing this) dark grey/black it would be OK.

454 Posts
Hello,

I can confirm at the moment Ivory is available on all Portfolio models, plus all Diesel S and all 3.0 S/C petrol models. This applies to both Saloon and Sportbrake.

This may change in the not to distant future.

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
The problem for me is that whilst Barley is a perfectly nice colour it is paired with that awful reddish brown Truffle on the dashboard and steering wheel.
I´m all with you ... that´s why I got barley with black ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the Barley interior with Truffle dash etc and I kind of agree. I bought used and Initially found the truffle a novelty I could live with, However buying new I would never spec that combo! Having trawled the configurator (as you do every so often) there seems to be some pretty vile combinations possible involving tan upholstery and one would have to pick carefully! Maybe it's just difficult to reliably show those colors on screen without it looking artificial. Each to their own eh. Good that there is a choice though!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

I can confirm at the moment Ivory is available on all Portfolio models, plus all Diesel S and all 3.0 S/C petrol models. This applies to both Saloon and Sportbrake.

This may change in the not to distant future.

Many Thanks

Mike
Mike
Thanks for confirming availability of Ivory on Portfolio. However the interesting point is why Ivory has been dropped from other levels, especially Premium Luxury. I am also intrigued by your final sentence about the possibility of change in the not too distant future. For me, Ivory is what I would want if I were to change my car at the end of the finance period but I wouldn't be able to stretch to the extra cost for Portfolio.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Barley interior with Truffle dash etc and I kind of agree. I bought used and Initially found the truffle a novelty I could live with, However buying new I would never spec that combo! Having trawled the configurator (as you do every so often) there seems to be some pretty vile combinations possible involving tan upholstery and one would have to pick carefully! Maybe it's just difficult to reliably show those colors on screen without it looking artificial. Each to their own eh. Good that there is a choice though!
I just love Vapour Grey but sadly it had just been withdrawn when I was ordering my car so I went for Lunar Grey. I agree about the possibility for some pretty awful combinations.

With these changes I just hope Jaguar isn't going down the route of apeing the German brands in colour choices for paint and interior. The colour palette seems to me to be becoming more conservative. I mean, how many different variants of black or dark grey are needed? It's all very well meeting the needs of customers who want their cars to look like a prettier BMW, Audi or Mercedes. But what if you're someone who can't stand the idea of buying any of those and wants their car to look cool and different.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I just love Vapour Grey but sadly it had just been withdrawn when I was ordering my car so I went for Lunar Grey. I agree about the possibility for some pretty awful combinations.
Isn't Cashmere almost the same colour as Vapour Grey? You could have chosen that colour. But Lunar Grey is also a great colour. My father has one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it was dropped, dropping ivory/white leather is the best decision Jag's made in a while. Nothing ruins a car like a light leather interior in my opinion. Black, grey, brown or colour striping like the XF Sport interior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts