XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 10 litres of very expensive Mobil 1 at home. It was supposed to be for my Porsche, but i'm getting rid of that now so I was wondering whether this could be used in the XF?

It's quite common in the Porsche world to buy your own oil and take it to the dealer when your car is due for an oil change as Porsche charge around £14 per litre of Mobil 1 oil!

I bought all 10 litres for £60. I'd rather use it if I can.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I believe that it is Castrol Edge 0w-30. Whether you could use the Mobil i guess would depend on the viscosity of it as Mobil1 has different formulations. Also Edge turbo diesel is specifically made for diesels to help with soot etc.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
craig said:
I believe that it is Castrol Edge 0w-30. Whether you could use the Mobil i guess would depend on the viscosity of it as Mobil1 has different formulations. Also Edge turbo diesel is specifically made for diesels to help with soot etc.
The dealer told me they use semi-synthetic. The owners manual specifies 5W-30 meeting Jaguar spec WSS M2C913-B only. This is a Ford spec which is covered by Magnatec 5W-30 A1 at around £9 a litre or Comma semi synthetic at £4. I don't think Mobil 1 is the right spec.
http://www.racelubricants.co.uk/product ... 4&P_ID=434

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oil for Jaguar XF 2.7D

Can anyone tell me what the correct oil is for a Jag xf , I used to like changing my own oil and filters etc in my previous cars rather than having to go to dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts