·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my last Saturday 2.7 D Premium Lux

July delivery

Ordered Luna Grey: looked great on the XJ in the show room

Have just read 'what diesel', they have a midnight model

Not sure I should change having seen this colour?

What's the word on the street

[Admin Edit: Apologies for editing your post Jon but thought I'd add a poll to the thread!]

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've ordered Pearl Grey as this is a fairly understated colour yet looks very elegant and goes well with the Ivory leather interior.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Roma

Did you see the Pearl Grey "in the flesh" so to speak? I've still got a chance to change my order if needed but I have also gone for pearl grey (only seeing a sample). I have read that has a slight purple tinge?

Any photos / opinions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi John, yes I have seen it in the flesh as the dealer sold me the car they had on the premises! It's darker than lunar grey and I really liked the slightly brownish/purplish tint to it. It makes the colour appear a bit 'warmer' and 'softer' than lunar grey, in my opinion. But most of all, I loved the striking contrast it made with the Ivory interior. I wanted to go for a more homely feel in the XF, both inside and out. I've had black and silver cars for the last 10 years so wanted something slightly different, but not too 'in your face'.

It's not a colour for everyone though. It'll be an acquired taste so I wouldn't change your order based on my opinion. You should be able to see it on an X-type, XJ or XK before committing.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mine will be midnight when it arrives in a week or so. Looks very cool. I think the XF looks better in dark colours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is Midnight due on the 10th, looks moody, and agree much better in darker colours too. I am having the jaguar blue lights on the door sill too so looks v cool...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ordered my 2.7PL in Indigo with the Dove interior. Haven't seen the combination in the flesh and spent many evenings trying to decide from the brochure. Hope the combination goes together, still got 7 weeks to wait though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
XF Admin said:
Indigo and Dove was the combo I saw on my test drive - very nice. The wife doesn't like blue cars though.....
Thanks for the confidence boost, I've only seen the Botanical Green with Charcoal in the flesh. Found it very difficult to make the choice of exterior and interior colour combination. Initial order was Indigo with Spice on a 2.7 only to find the Spice is only available on the SV8. Took two weeks for Jag/Dealer to spot this mistake. I should of read the brochure details a little closer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lunar Grey with Dove for me.

I spent a good length of time looking at the options, and I thought the Dove went nicely with the lighter of the greys, namely the Lunar Grey.

Of course, it's all personal opinion, and it would be a bugger if we all drove around in the same, cloned, cars!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I disagree about the dark colours. I think the car looks better in lighters shades. i have ordered vapour grey with champagne interior, collecting in 5 weeks time having ordered on 13 Feb.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well i have to say i have ordered my xf premium model not luxury in march and in silver which i think is really nice . and the reason i did not order the premium delux model is because its neary £42,000 i got mine for £35,00 with 18" venus alloy wheels wing mirrors that fold in reversing camera . and internal mirror package and upgraded sound system amd my 1ST service free . why because i have bought 3 cars in the past from this dealer and i sat in the show room for nearly 5 hours till i got a deal or more likely till they wanted rid of me. so im happy .

·
Registered
319 Posts
well , now i am confused...i am due to collect my car tomorrow in winter gold.... just hope it was ommited from your voting list by error ????.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Each to their own but I have just picked up mine - Midninght with Dove Seats and Charcoal Dash.

I love it but would also happily have had Vapour Grey although I felt it had a slightly purple tinge in the daylight !

Beware that Midnight is not forgiving of dirt !

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am please to say that i am now the proud owner of a Liquid Silver 2.7 XF. i had ordered it originally in Lunar Grey after seeing this colour on an XJ and thinking that silver is now old hat and everybody has one kind of mentality. but after a dealer arranged factory visit to the XF factory in Coventry it was very obvious to me that the best colour to show those beautiful graceful lines of the car was so much - Silver - for me anyway.
i immediately changed my order. i ordered the car in October so was one of the lucky few on the first of this month, and every day i look at it, i am so pleased that i changed my mind - it doesnt happen that often.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Birchgrove said:
Just ordered a 2.7 diesel in midnight black. I'm going to get the chrome vents. It;s gonna be hot!
mine in midnight is coming next week. Looks better without the chrome vents as the Jaguar ingot on the vent really stands out. The "chrome" is also actually a kind of matt alluminum colour

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.