XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pekem initiated a topic on fuel consumption, which was largely targetted at diesel-heads, on fuel consumption. For the sake of potential new owners, I thought it worthwhile initiating a forum for petrol consumption. To kick things off, I've just completed a round trip filling up on the northern outskirts of Leicester, driving up to the Halifax area via M1 and M62, pootling around Sowerby Bridge / Hebden Bridge on day 2 and returning on day 3 to Northants and achieved just over 30 mph. I had auto A/C off but windows / sunroof closed. Generally I followed speed limits (perhaps plus a bit) but I'm sure that if I'd stuck to 50 mph throughout (as per the 16 tedious miles of road widening on the M1) it'd have been a bit more. The car has done about 4500 miles.

Short journies round town, I guess I'd be pushing things to get 24 mph.

(Assuming, that is, that there are other 3 litre XF petrol-heads out there.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of these replies are diesel-owners with some SV8s and the "odd" 3 litre petrol owner. I'm just trying to restore the balance a bit.

(But, as you've said before, it would be good if members could indicate their particular circumstances / vehicle in their profile.)

·
Registered
216 Posts
i average about 18mpg. but that's very predominantly urban driving in 30-40limits with a fair proportion of queuing. on a really decent motorway run i've managed 30mpg :) .

interestingly, in a (courtesy) diesel XJ over a week of doing the same commute drudgery i was only seeing 22mpg on average :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts