XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: – as after 72 hrs of wonderful ownership despite having fitted every parking aid device know to mankind - I am a right “plonker” as I managed to hit a low jutting out brick in a wall!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: On a positive note :D it was only the rear bumper and the body shop have said its nothing and can sort Monday week and I will never know that it had happened

Any one else owning up to having their first prang in thier XF?

OUCH :!:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Don't feel bad RPB1
My car looks today, in terms of polish and appearance, better than the day it left the showroom, with the exception of the scratches here and there on the wheels.
On the day I took delivery, March 1st 2008, it looked wonderful. :D
Two hours later my beautiful car had suffered the impact of me closing the "Up and Over" garage door down and causing the vertical framework to bite into the boot. My old S Type was just a few mm's less in length :cry:
My local Body Repair shop ordered the very special paint and a week later it looked beautiful again :)
Positive benefits of the little mishap is that the garage door interior frame has had carpet strips fitted to ensure it doesn't happen again and the local the Body Shop has a small stock of my paint, which the repairer has been happy to use on a couple of occasions to touch in stone chip damage free of charge :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great sympathy to you. Out of interest did any of the sensors go off? I would have thought you should have an audible or visual warning from your sensors and camera

S

·
0 Posts
Had mine 4days when alorry driver opened his rear doors and scratched my bonnet :cry:.Had that repaired then 5weeks later went up the rear of a citroen at a roundabout :oops: which fired the bonnet airbags car went for repair which took 6 weeks. :evil:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting it took 6 weeks to repair - the whole car is built from scratch at the factory in 2 weeks!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Was in the westbound Membury Services on the M4 yesterday.

A wounded Botanical green on an '09 plate with a graze on the rear nearside corner; significantly worse that yours RPB1. Looked like a parking injury too but against a taller object, whether it was the XF moving or someone else hit it was impossible to tell.

Just a very sad sight.

S

·
0 Posts
XF Long Wait said:
Interesting it took 6 weeks to repair - the whole car is built from scratch at the factory in 2 weeks!!
Yeh there was a problem getting hold of the pedestrian protection system ( airbags ) so the motto is dont prang the front of your car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ouch, ouch, ouch.

I hope this ding will soon be a distant memory for you

·
Registered
69 Posts
All the sensors in the world are not as good as using some common sense when reversing. Sometimes it pays to get out and have a look before reversing, something I learnt years ago driving lorries.. :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Certainly makes you think that a clear view is what you need, and if that means getting out so be it. Having said that the camera is excellent

·
Registered
770 Posts
Lady backed into my XF after 3 weeks of ownership damaging the nearside rear corner and one of the pop rivets holding the plastic bumper to its metal frame punched a small hole in the bumper.I then scraped the nearside corner of the front bumper a few days later so I was really sick at my carelessness this time.Local body shop fixed hole and both lots of damage to Azure paint as good as new for just over £120.Lady and me very happy as she settled the major part of the bill for her contibution to the damage.Jaguar dealer wanted their body shop involved but they would have insisted on a new bumper plus painting and all the extras they add on if the claim had been put through an insurance Co and could have cost well over £1200. I felt sick at having damage done to a new and expensive Car but felt that I had maybe done my bit to keep insurance premiums a little lower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts