XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I don't know Ben :?
As far as I can see, at the moment, he has provided links to this site from his own site and from a Youtube video.
I don't think that is illegal in anyway and since he published it, the hits on this site have gone up considerably :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
All he's done is posted links to a publicly-available forum (i.e. this one). There's nothing wrong in that and nothing illegal. The information on here is in the public domain. It's similar to posting a link to a BBC news article.

·
Registered
216 Posts
have to admit i'm struggling to find any sympathy :(

it must be truly horrific for him to have found himself in a volvo as his courtesy car :roll: just imagine how he'd have felt if he'd had a mondeo and Ford had given him a Ka or Fiesta to bob about in. the V50 i had when my S went in for servicing recently was quite pleasant, and a cut above the Citroen C3 i had when Mrs B's car(C4) was in recently for warranty issues

at the end of the day, the XF is a new car. there'll be issues with a few. they'll mostly be sorted.

chap needs to get a grip :|

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I knew I'd be in amongst the blind faith converted ;)

But to decribe the experience as 'a few issues with a new car' goes well beyond that. Have you read the whole account?

Seems Ive rumpled a few feathers... but to be honest its Jaguars' opinion on all this that matters to me...

Completely Let Down

·
Registered
11 Posts
zx10ben...........RANT? I have similer issue with the XF as well so would you you like us to keep quiet & pretend the car is perfect. The my XF is far from perfect & trust me that is the truth & not a RANT

Hutton1969..........question if I may, why is letdown a Jerk? he is not happy with the car similer to myself. Am I a jerk also for posting many issues I have with the XF. My car was delivered in September & has been back into the dealers 10 times & they kept the car from December the 8th & returned it on January 9th to fix the growing list of faults. Some of which have started again

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hutton1969..........question if I may, why is letdown a Jerk? he is not happy with the car similer to myself. Am I a jerk also for posting many issues I have with the XF. My car was delivered in September & has been back into the dealers 10 times & they kept the car from December the 8th & returned it on January 9th to fix the growing list of faults. Some of which have started again[/quote]

I am sorry you had problems with your XF. I have had some with mine as well but I have been fortunate to have a good dealer. Many if not all the issues which Let Down has raised should have been dealt with by the dealer. I therefore agree with the view expressed by Bob on the subject in his post. Moreover, the vast majority of XF owners have had only positive experiences and inevitably forums like these tend to focus on faults. That is a good thing because it provides a useful function to see the problems which have arisen, particularly with a new model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hutton1969

To view the problems as merely the dealers is myopic at best

The dealer has behaved deplorably throughout this... but they are definitely not anywhere near fully to blame

Who is ultimately responsible for the standards of a Jaguar dealership? Jaguar

Who is reponsible for their customer service department: Jaguar (that's where it based)

Who is responsible for the build quality of the car and any subsequent faults? Jaguar

We have had countless trips to the dealership because of a sub standard car

We have been stranded at least 4 times when the car has let us down.

Its not just about fixing problems (and this amount of problems should not exist new car or not). We now have a £44,000 unreliable car that we dont know when its going to let us down next. What sort of ownership experience is that?

And whilst I appreciate others loyalty to the XF.. its simply not been the case for me... and to blame the dealership is only part of the problem

Let Down

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do not agree......The three faults that should have never have happened are the fuel filler issue which is still not fixed even after a new bowl was fitted, the sat nav routing & the rain build upon the side front windows. these should have been addressed before the car went into production or do they not test these cars anymore. If you include the many other electrical problems I find it hard to agree these could be fixed by a good dealer. They can only do so much but when a car comes from the factory built this way they are not going to be able to redesign issues.

As for the seats well I am just amazed most seem ok with them. They are small offer no support & why they put a lumber adjust on the seat because if you use if you will just slide off when cornering. They NEED to offer a sport seat option because if they are trying to attract a younger buyer they will expect this. On a £40k+ car this needs to be a option at the least. I for one would not have brought the xf on just this issue alone. It was my fault because I only had a 40 min test drive & I didnt give the seat as much thought as I should. I have kicked myself many times since then. Due to this I am looking at getting rid ASAP

·
Registered
64 Posts
Daven2025 - the faults you refer to in your first paragraph should all have been attended to by the dealer. I too have had the fuel cap and electrical problems on my XF but these issues have been resolved. As to the drivers seat, I can only comment that you alone seem to have suffered the difficulties you report.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daven2505 said:
zx10ben...........RANT? I have similer issue with the XF as well so would you you like us to keep quiet & pretend the car is perfect. The my XF is far from perfect & trust me that is the truth & not a RANT
Not at all, I think you'll even find that I have had some problems and have posted on them, but I stand by my statement that Letdowns blog is a rant.
There are ways and means of getting things sorted and that was Letdowns method, if the means lead to an end then so be it and all the best, it doesn't mean that we all have to be happy with it and some of us take um bridge to such a slating of a car that we love. I would have had exactly the same response should it have been a magazine that had given such a write up.

As for Letdown, I can see that your experience has been well below par and that you will more than likely avoid the Jaguar Marque for many years, if not for good, which I can fully understand and sympathize. However, your experience is not a standard across the board and there are those of us that love the car and the service we receive. So if there are some comments that are somewhat abrasive towards you and your views, remember this is the XFForum and not the XFisshiteForum.

As for the seats I cant say I've noticed a problem, but my wife is always winging about them so I guess its a personal thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I guess that some items/isssues which are important to one are not to others.

I agree with the water collection on the front side windows although in heavy rain (as i experienced last night) it doesn't collect. I think that the problem lies in the design of the door mirrors.

On the seat front i have no complaints, unlike the sport seats on my previous 5 series BMW which for the 3 years i had it i could never get comfortable in and suffered from neck & shoulder ache whilst driving it. I spend the best part of 3 hours a day in the drivers seat and for me the Jag seats are fine.

The Sat nav is now sorted. It took me direct to a hotel in the centre of Oxford last night (a place that i have never driven in before) keeping me informed on traffic issues along the way.

Would i go back to a 5 series from the Jag - not in a million years!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts