XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the Forum :)
I am sure the question that must be uppermost in the mind of potential customers is,
"Will the warranty of my XF be jeopardised if I incorporate your performance solution"

·
Vendor
561 Posts
pekem said:
Welcome to the Forum :)
I am sure the question that must be uppermost in the mind of potential customers is,
"Will the warranty of my XF be jeopardised if I incorporate your performance solution"
Good question.

The responsibility of vehicle warranty always rests with the owner of the car. A Jaguar dealer may or may not take issue with non Jaguar parts being fitted. You should bear in mind that our springs and dampers are within what Jaguar already fit in terms of stiffness and damper forces and standard wheel travels remain (we even use Jaguar production damper bodies and pistons). Our wheels are within the sizes Jaguar use and we use the same tyres. The exhaust is a simple bolt on. The engine map will always be the most contentious but is very hard to detect.

Our car has had warranty work quite a few times and the new parts are never an issue, also we are in discussion with a few dealers about them supplying direct so that may tell it's own story. I'm pretty sure many people have found that dealers attitudes will vary.

Our parts carry their own warranty and some of these will outlast the Jaguar vehicle warranty.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take your point about a few dealers supplying direct and of course if I recall correctly Stratstone in the Midlands were hosting a display car for you about now. So it would be a bit rich for that particular dealership to reject a warranty claim unless plainly attributable to the operation of your equipment.
However, I am not terribly interested in achieving enhanced speed and handling but I would like to improve fuel economy on my 2.7 Diesel. Is it possible that I can have one without too much of the other :?:

·
Vendor
561 Posts
pekem said:
I take your point about a few dealers supplying direct and of course if I recall correctly Stratstone in the Midlands were hosting a display car for you about now. So it would be a bit rich for that particular dealership to reject a warranty claim unless plainly attributable to the operation of your equipment.
However, I am not terribly interested in achieving enhanced speed and handling but I would like to improve fuel economy on my 2.7 Diesel. Is it possible that I can have one without too much of the other :?:
We have one map at the moment but this gives both the performance increase and improved crusing mpg. The cruising mpg climbed from 34 to 38 on our car as soon as the map was applied.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpiresST said:
We have one map at the moment but this gives both the performance increase and improved crusing mpg. The cruising mpg climbed from 34 to 38 on our car as soon as the map was applied.
Does that mean that other maps might be produced in the future to meet different needs :?:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts