XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i got my xf last sunday, had a surgery on my left hand on Tue. didnt quite enjoy driving it :(

anyway, theres something that bothers me..everytime i start the car, especially if i leave it off for few hours. This happens everyday on my way to work, when i start the car, warm it for 10 mints. Reverse, then shift to D, once the gear shifts from 1 to 2, a "Click/knock/Crack sound" comes from the engine/AC/Hood not sure. That happens only once. So if i stop the car, turn it off/on, it wont happen again. unless i leave the car off for like few hours, then it wud haPPEN AGAIN. any reason 4 this :(?? is it normal?

i dont feel like putting the car in the workshop when its still new. *am typing in 1 hand only*

once am ok, ill take pics as promised :)

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
hambaa said:
ok, i got my xf last sunday, had a surgery on my left hand on Tue. didnt quite enjoy driving it :(

anyway, theres something that bothers me..everytime i start the car, especially if i leave it off for few hours. This happens everyday on my way to work, when i start the car, warm it for 10 mints. Reverse, then shift to D, once the gear shifts from 1 to 2, a "Click/knock/Crack sound" comes from the engine/AC/Hood not sure. That happens only once. So if i stop the car, turn it off/on, it wont happen again. unless i leave the car off for like few hours, then it wud haPPEN AGAIN. any reason 4 this :(?? is it normal?

i dont feel like putting the car in the workshop when its still new. *am typing in 1 hand only*

Welcome back hambaa :)
Other than the difficulty with your hand, which I hope quickly recovers, I imagine that you are enjoying your XF.
Noises are very difficult to describe or isolate and I have to say that I don't think I have experienced anything quite like yours. I have had a clunk sound at start up when the gear is engaged and car is moved. It is associated with the release of the brakes I think, I also had it on my S Type. I was told that I should not be concerned about it. However, I think you are describing a quite different noise.
It might be worth posting your question as a new thread to Service( http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewforu ... =d&start=0 ) because your description of the noise may well be one that he has encountered in the workshop. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx buddy. will do :)

pekem said:
hambaa said:

Welcome back hambaa :)
Other than the difficulty with your hand, which I hope quickly recovers, I imagine that you are enjoying your XF.
Noises are very difficult to describe or isolate and I have to say that I don't think I have experienced anything quite like yours. I have had a clunk sound at start up when the gear is engaged and car is moved. It is associated with the release of the brakes I think, I also had it on my S Type. I was told that I should not be concerned about it. However, I think you are describing a quite different noise.
It might be worth posting your question as a new thread to Service( http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewforu ... =d&start=0 ) because your description of the noise may well be one that he has encountered in the workshop. :)

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
My pleasure hambaa :)
I noticed that there is not a mention of your model, which I presume is a Petrol V8.
It would interest everyone to know and in particular Service in order for him to answer your question.
If you wish you can Edit a post by simply pressing the Edit button, top right hand corner of your post, or better still add the details of your car in the Profile section in the
User Control Panel in the Edit signature section. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts