XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have accidentally waxed the black plastic around the mirrors and the scuttle by the exhaust pipes and it has now left a white stain.
I have tried steam, washing up liquid and methalted spirit but to no avail.
Does anybody have any solution on how to remove the stain?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't try and cover it up! You need to get the wax off first. Anything you coat it with will be on top of the wax and will not stick.

Buy some Wax Blaster and try it out:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessori ... d_346.html

You can't go wrong for a fiver. Plus you don't need a separate soft-bristled brush as the can has a foam applicator on it. It's a great all-in-one solution.

Obviously read the instructions and try it out on a tiny bit of trim first! I have ordered from Clean Your Car and they are a sponsor on Detailing World so are reputable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the best stuff for getting wax out of black plastic is to use some peanut butter spread! - it works!

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
t2dav said:
the best stuff for getting wax out of black plastic is to use some peanut butter spread! - it works!
Hi t2dav :)
Welcome to the forum.
That is a novel idea, peanut butter spread on plastic to remove wax :eek:
Is it then washed off or left for the foxes or rats to feed on your bumper :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
cheers for the welcome. It works - just rub in the peanut butter and then wash off - andyour wax marks will be gone.

I never use any abrasive products and I always use swissol wax to get a great shine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts