XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to have developed a noise like water sloshing around from rear passenger side. I have checked the boot and no apparent leaks/water around. Anyone else had a similar problem or any idea where the noise emanates from?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Could be the water is lodged in the rear door. Check the drainage holes on the bottom of the door.

Just a thought......

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have also had this 'problem' on mine and have put it down to fuel in the tank. My son has been sat in the back of the car at times and has heard it quite loudly and going over speed humps also seems to make it more audible, however when the fuel level has decreased it is inaudible so it must be fuel in the tank. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've heard this too and on mine it's fuel in the tank.

Try this.... park the car in P and leave the parking brake off. Then crouch by the rear off side wheel and rock the car back and forth. Provided there is (1) enough fuel in the tank and (2) there is room for the fuel to move (i.e. not full), you will hear the fuel slopping around in the tank.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Probably the fuel in the fuel tank.

But, I had exactly this problem in a different car and it turned out to be the coolant system needing to be bled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts