XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My new Jaguar XF 2.7 Premium Diesel (took delivery 01.10.08) is back at the dealership for the second time due to severe water leakage in to both rear footwells.
The first time it got wet was after driving in heavy rain the second time it was astanding on the drive when it rained overnight.
Has anybody else had the same trouble and does anybody know how to sort it!
Regards,
Rob.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Hi Rob,
Welcome to the forum. :)
I am sorry to learn of your problems with leakage.
That is not an issue I can recall anyone mentioning before.
I am sure everyone will feel for you and hope that it is corrected as soon as possible.
Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I haven't heard of this problem on the XF before but I have heard of similar problems with other makes of cars. It is usually caused by blocked drainage hoses/channels and/or incorrectly plumbed drainage hoses.

This really is a terrible problem to face with a brand new car as water and interiors is a bad mix and it will be very hard to ensure that no damage whatsoever has been caused by the water ingress into the interior compartment.

The fact that you've had this problem twice in a car that is barely two weeks old would be sufficient reason to reject the car (in my opinion). Even if they manage to fix the problem this time around you don't know what lasting damage the water has caused to bodywork, trim or the electrics.

Personally, I would reject the car as there is obviously a manufacturing fault with it.

And welcome to the forum, by the way!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just been outside to check mine (September 08 delivery) - all okay. Although, I haven't washed my car yet. :shock:

Does yours have a sunroof?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi XFCAT,
Thanks for your reply.
My car does not have a sunroof so that isn't the culprit.
Will let you know how I get on.
Rob.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sure I saw a post from someone with a similar problem before - but I can't remember where.
I seem to recall it had something to do with the air conditioning system in that case.

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts