XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have seen a lot of water in the boot, where the spare wheel is stored. I have been reading that looks like its a common thing in XFs. My worry is that the batteries are there and water and wires dont get well...

What should i do to fix this? I guess preventing the ingress will be difficult, isnt it?
Is there any way to drill a hole or similar in the floor to allow the water to leave?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just joined this forum and noticed your post as I'm having the same issue with my 65 plate 2.0 Diesel XF. I've also been experiencing electrical problems but not sure if the two are linked.
Did you get anything sorted for your Jag?

Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, just joined this forum and noticed your post as I'm having the same issue with my 65 plate 2.0 Diesel XF. I've also been experiencing electrical problems but not sure if the two are linked.
Did you get anything sorted for your Jag?

Cheers.
They added some sealant to a part of the boot but after some months it happened again, I just think it’s a design problem

·
Registered
Jaguar XF S Portfolio 2009
27 Posts
Hi

I have seen a lot of water in the boot, where the spare wheel is stored. I have been reading that looks like its a common thing in XFs. My worry is that the batteries are there and water and wires dont get well...

What should i do to fix this? I guess preventing the ingress will be difficult, isnt it?
Is there any way to drill a hole or similar in the floor to allow the water to leave?

Thanks
Hello, A late reply but I have only just joined. My previous car was a Jaguar s type, not long after I got it I found 2" of water in the boot. Open your boot and pour some water on the rear window and watch where the water goes. You will find that it ends up going behind the rear lights. The S type was an easy fix, the water way was blocked by a small leaf. The XF is not so easy to fix, use some blue tac to Chanel the water away from the lights, it's just bad design.
Alan of Buckley

·
Registered
9 Posts
They fall apart
They’re below the boot lock to the left and right behind the trim
Apparently quite cheap to buy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts