XF Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 2771 Posts

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
You obviously believe that British motors sold to British customers through British retail aren't a worthwhile business. Are you now saying that trading to the Europeans is equally pointless and we should be concentrating on selling fish?
The plebs have been led to believe that fish is small fry - literally.

It was established years ago that Ireland's 'bounty' - all those EU development grants from German and UK taxpaayers in the 70s, 80, and 90s - went nowhere near the value of the fishing rigths they gave up around their huge coastline, when they joined in 1973.

Why do you think the Europeans and Icelandics fight and fought so hard?

'0.1% GDP' is the statistic for fools. A 'few £100k' Range Rovers would swamp most of the Grimsby fleet, right? No. That £100k is massively inflated, and only a tiny proportion is real value-added - genuine GDP - but the bean counters at the ONS, and DTI, whatever it's called now, just use the top-line label, deliberately, to crow/lie about UK's enormous 'automotive sector', and how its dwarf our obsolete, past-it fishing fleet.

Fishing is the equivalent of land - try telling a landowner his 3,000 acres is worthless, unproductive, that he needs to get with it.

Fish, crops grown from the soil, are real wealth - once you have the land, control that part of the sea, you have a literal god-given bounty, with almost no input cost.

Putting together cars, 'screwdriver assembly' overwhelmingly in UK's 'car industry', is low-skill, low-value added, low worth.

The real value is in the upper supply chain, the mining of minerals, metals, etc - you own the land, exploit its resources, like crops, rearing animals, and fishing.

Next comes the transformation of these raw materials into copper, aluminium, steel etc, and then the mechatronic integrators, now overwhlemingly software driven - the Bosch's, Valeo's, ZF's etc.

A 10 kilo cod must be worth around £20 wholesale, but eventually around £100-£300 in a fish&chip shop, or gastro pub - going by around one-third kilo filet.

And what was the input cost, the deductions from the bottom line? Diesel, low wages for 3-4 blokes, on a highly automated factory trawler, payments on the boat over 20-30 years?

The real cost, if it existed, would be 'buying' the land - the sector of the sea being fished. The Dutch got rights from England/the King, 500 years ago - so no cost today.

British fishermen, trawler skippers, bigger companies, overwhelmingly gave up thsi right, over the last 20-30 years - selling off their permits, for a one-time bonanza.

The French, Spanish, Dutch now rightfully own most of 'The British Sea' - and its bounty of contents - very valuable fish.

The only real exception, the ones that held on, didn't get massively greedy, and sell up and out, were the Scottish, like in Peterhead, who kept their rights, their permits, the father-to-son legacies, just like the Europeans, handed down, realising how valuable and worthwhile a life it is - compared to having their sons working in a call centre, or flogging motors for commission in a soulless glass palace.

Those langoustines are now gold - almost literally the same value by weight.

Fair play to them.

Spaffer promised these people he'd 'take back control ' - resulting in just 25% taken back, ...after 5.5 years, ...and even then, there'll be strings attached, and you just know possession is 9./0ths of the law, and the French, Spanish etc, will fight, literally, to keep what they have - i.e. not gonna happen - ever - and the Scottish know it - Spaffer will be gone in .5 years, never mid 2026, and Parliament always reserves the right to overturn, undo its forebears, so this will be forgotten about, the fishermen shafted, again, used to show that 'The Deal' was got.

As I said, partly because of this, and the ERG unpicking the reality of what fatboy has signed up to, this 'Deal' will last as long as Spaffer - a few months most.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
I'm not sure that's how marketing works, normally the more marketing you do the better the sales - otherwise why bother.
A state castle, owned by the people, being used by a foreign-owned, private company to flog its wares, with Queenie's soldiers as further props - the Esplanade, Rock background - and no one thinks this is odd, outrageous, beyond the pale - heads need to roll etc?

We're gone, lost, the shekel all-mighty - nothing matters but money - the end justifies the means.

Queenie and Charlie need to be booted - he'll have signed off to this - the de facto Regent now - for using state, the people's property, and 'Her Maj's armed forces, for the gain of dope peddlers, and their criminal fraud operation.

If Tata wants to promote the biggest flop of all time, stick it in front of the Taj Mahal, or the Danube, in Bratislava, and some Blackwater mercenaries dressed up in Black Watch gear defending it - with their own rupees/shekels.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
...so apart from caving from 3 years, and 60% of fish catch returned to Britain - now 5.5 years and just 25% - Spaffer actually got f.all 'Sovereign Tea' - and of course knew it, but he and the media reptiles, BBC's Kuenssberg foremost, lied brazenly to the plebs that 'we/he took back control - sovereignty':

'French Europe minister Clement Beaune said it was a “good agreement” and stressed the EU had not accepted a deal “at all costs”. - you bet

He told broadcaster Europe 1 “we needed an agreement less than the British” as “for them, it was a vital need”.

Beaune said British food and industrial products entering the European single market after January 1 will not pay customs duties “but will have to meet all our standards.

“There is no country in the world that will be subject to as many export rules to us as the UK,” he said.'

- seems Spaffer the Spineless Toad has done the gullible, Daily Mail, BBC et al-consuming British Plebs up a kipper - pun intentional.

The only way out of is this: Perfidious Albion - promise the Europeans one thing, break every promise and rule - import billions of chlorinated, 50 cents a pop US chickens, stick a union jack on them, and 'Organic', and send them off to the stupid Frogs/tariff free Single Market for €20.

That's what Oxbridge, Eton, Bullingdon Club clowns do - they won't eat that muck/poison.

The EU knows this - and knows that it will give them the opportunity, and right, to fine, punish UK almost from the get-go - perhaps the intention all along.

They know that Spaffer and most of the British establishment are liars, so play their game, against them.

Trap them into the EU orbit, and then cement it, when the British plan was to break all the rules, and fine them to death, continuously, without end, and so recoup, if not improve on the UK's previous membership contribution - net around £20bn/year.

The Europeans have learnt the hard way, to the tricks of these 'superior', public school infantile [email protected], insufferable clowns, and probably thought this through for years, with Macron's 'Covid' closure of the border the coup de grace, which of course the EU Commission came out and said was 'deplorable' - yeah right.

They played a blinder - Barnier, and Macron/von der Leyen at the end.

Anyone else notice that after the alcoholic bumbling old fool left the stage, Jean-Claude Juncker, and his kissing/slobbering over Mayhem - was he blind too? - that it was like Liverpool versus Wrexham reserves - men/very efficient German matriarch against boys/mommy's boys, who'd never done a real day's work in their lives, and knew nothing of real life, how the real world works?

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
A new low, for the shyster, criminal operation JLR:

'I had a 67plate Velar on lease (ended 22/12/2020) and the engine ‘failed’ a few weeks ago with JLR stating they will not cover this under warranty.'

- WITHIN warranty, serviced through the nose, at ~£500 a pop for an oil change, 'and free Wifi and coffee', but Bombay dope peddlers say: 'do one, mate - we've had your money, you believed what the paid-off hacks wrote about our Stunners, so you're not very bright, and probably have no balls, buying such an effete vehicle, aimed bleeding obviously at airhead thirtysomething women - so go on, sue us - you won't will you - cos we're 'British', and it would be like directly disrespecting, insulting Her Maj, and the Union flag - so F off'.

Brenda, the tampon guy, and the Bombay dope merchants - all in it together - laughing at the patriot plebs.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
^ I'll bet it's engine oil dilution, chronic and drastic, caused by so many, and failed, DPF regens, leading to poor lubrication, metal to metal contact - which of course JLR knows about - and made worse by colder ambient temps, short, infrequent journeys, due to Lockdown, no one travelling major distances.

It could be a 4-pot Ingenium petrol, not exactly a byword for reliability either, but probably a 4-pot diesel - who wants to run a car doing real-world 20 mpg, if you're paying for the fuel yourself?

Lockdown, so many people around, no one flying away etc, is a perfect storm for JLR - all those crappy Ingenium diesels, being used to the shops/park and back - perfect for bolloxing up any engine, but particularly the joke Ingenium.

No wonder the dealer obviously immediately said - 'no way, Jose'. They'll have been instructed to do so by JLR - as there will be a flood of these - costing, if the warranty was honoured, as of course engine failure should be, around £5,000 to JLR - times hundreds, thousands alone in the UK, and then Europe.

Needs a class action lawsuit - to go with the dozens backing up in the US for other things - like running over mothers of two - but UK people are loathe to sue 'the national champion', and all you hear from the media is: 'Dieselgate!', the vile Vicky Butler-Henderson advertising for shysters on the radio to take Mercedes to the cleaners for evil emissions cheating, but nothing on saintly JLR - the worst Themofenster emissions offender.

No wonder JLR buying is down just to the hardcore headbangers, because even the thickest layperson, with no interest in cars, is starting to associate JLR with Lada and Skoda of the past - give them a wide berth if you have any sense.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
I thought it was Bollore at first - finally discovered:

But it's just some scapegoat, for the last 2 years+ of non-production at Castle Brom. Why would you turn up, soul-destroying 'work', pushing a broom, or listening to another harpie feminist 'consultant' lecturing you on Diversity, when you could be at home kipping, or doing another job, like couriering - Plod/firemen use to do it all the time.

Besides, Bollore would have claimed around £50m for 800 shifts, and the tribunal would have been by Zoom from The Seychelles.

Aye, aye, me thinks this slip of the tongue - truth-telling - might cost Launch Manager Carter his job:

The business is in a bad condition at the moment and the financial situation -diesel scares, Brexit, which have caused a great volume loss to the plant and all plants.'

- not quite what Autocar, the 'global' media, have been telling the gormless plebs constantly, the whole of 2020 - 'surging sales in China', 'Rebounding profitability', 'Icon a stunning, world-beating success', Gamechanger's second wind', '£50bn IPO on deck any second' etc, etc, etc/

- bye, bye, Mr Carter.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Even if JLR made EVs, they would be effectively 'out-sourced' - even more than the Magna-made I-Pace:

- 40% in-house, or value-added - for VAG's 'MEB' EV cars.

That's about what BL was doing 40+ years ago - and hence employing around 250,000 workers to make 'only' a million cars at most,

This comes back to the whole - '0.1% of GDP' fish thing. JLR and the UK state shout from the rooftops that JLR is a 'huge car maker' - turnover of £25bn+.

Sounds good - to fools. At least 80% of that amount, pre-taxes, is bought-in.

JLR is just a scredriver assembler, or a buyer-in from a contract maker - the I-Pace.

VW knows that to be taken seriously, to control costs, and to continue to employ at least 500,000 workers - currently around 625,000 in the Group - they have to take as much of the EV car in-house.

This is getting us back to the days of Henry Ford, and the German makers pre the snake oil consultants in the 80s and 90s - post the book 'The Machine that Changed the World(Toyota Lean Production) - telling them to outsource everything - when the Japs had massive, basically owned 'Keiretsu', and the Koreans 'Chaebol', and the Germans 'Mittelstand', and the 'Meister' tradition of craftsmanship.

That was hokum for morons, driven by the greed of the Big 4 accountancy companies - £1,000 per diem back then their fee, to basically tell Mercedes to fire people on 5 Marks an hour, and replace them with sh!tty suppliers paying 1 mark to unskilled workers - hence the nosedive of MB quality in the mid 90s to mid noughties, which nearly killed the company.

JLR daren't 'go EV', even if was to exist in 2021 onwards. It would mean slashing its already massively bloated headcount, needing around 5,000 workers max to make around 300,000 cars max.

Woverhampton would haver to close, as JLR would be buying in motors and drive units, and would only need one large assemby factory to make all its cars - Nitra Slovakia the obvious candidate.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Knob gag guy and his 'alien tech' PR-front company - sub-JLR(Tata's working hard on that though), even sub the chaos and meltdown of BL:

Explains why no one wants to work in Berlin - anyone with a brain, can read, knows 'TESLA' is simply a fraud operation - do not go within a million miles of.

In a few days, Rug guy and the media - Electrek, InsideEVs, FullyCharged, Bjorn Nyland et al - will tell the world breathlessly that 'Tesla smashed production and sales records', '500k target obliterated'.

TSLA will go up another 10% - nearing $1tn.

Only complete fools believe the Tesla thing, hence the dumping of several thousand alone in tiny Norway this month - do they exist?

It's just a larger version of JLR, JLR of ~2016 - pre the real bang.

Like JLR, Job No.1 now for 'They' - all the insider crooks - is to shift this turkey onto some fool - the fraud is obvious to even 'normies', not very bright people, so take the money, run, and dump it with some idiot - or someone you're forced to take it, on pain of your company being destroyed - VW.

·
Administrator
22,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,689
Knob gag guy and his 'alien tech' PR-front company - sub-JLR(Tata's working hard on that though), even sub the chaos and meltdown of BL:

Explains why no one wants to work in Berlin - anyone with a brain, can read, knows 'TESLA' is simply a fraud operation - do not go within a million miles of.

In a few days, Rug guy and the media - Electrek, InsideEVs, FullyCharged, Bjorn Nyland et al - will tell the world breathlessly that 'Tesla smashed production and sales records', '500k target obliterated'.

TSLA will go up another 10% - nearing $1tn.

Only complete fools believe the Tesla thing, hence the dumping of several thousand alone in tiny Norway this month - do they exist?

It's just a larger version of JLR, JLR of ~2016 - pre the real bang.

Like JLR, Job No.1 now for 'They' - all the insider crooks - is to shift this turkey onto some fool - the fraud is obvious to even 'normies', not very bright people, so take the money, run, and dump it with some idiot - or someone you're forced to take it, on pain of your company being destroyed - VW.
It looks as if Jaguar will beat the Etron for December sales in Norway.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It will be difficult to work out who has actually sold what electric wise and if they are making money out of it in December as channels are being stuffed to lower emissions.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
It will be difficult to work out who has actually sold what electric wise and if they are making money out of it in December as channels are being stuffed to lower emissions.
- good point, Jag SM.

In addition to the panicked dash by all to get as many EVs/PHEVs registered - not sold - by end of year, for the avoidance/minimisation of EU CO2 fleet average fines, we have this:
  • JLR is acting as 'Mini-me' Tesla - dumping cars, to make quarter end/year end look 'stunning'
  • Tesla dumps around 3,000 cars - above real orders/demand - JLR does proportionately similar - around 3-400 cars dumped above real demand
  • look up 'Kris Rifa', a literal Mini-me to Bjorn Nyland in Norway
  • Kris has been giving, just coincidence of course, glowing reviews to the I-Pace - the 'new' EV320 variant - just the wick turned down, by software - same physical car
  • Kris is painfully obviously (paid)promoting the I-Pace/'new' EV320
  • Kris was shown in one of his glowing I-Pace vids standing in front of rows of obviously unsold, stock I-Paces, almost certainly 'new' EV320s, in the yard of JLR's probably main Norwegian dealer, Oslo, I Think
  • to be fair to Rifa, Nyland was not far behind in his servicing of JLR's member, with his almost as glowing EV320 reviews last week, or the week before, whilst dismissing the similar consumption Volvo XC40 Recharge(BEV) out of hand - 'very thirsty' - just like he hatcheted the e-tron - outselling the I-Pace genuinely up to 10:1 in Norway - no one listens to these guys for car-buying advice - entertainment, yes.
  • neither Rifa or Nyland had/have rushed to test the XC40, ID.4 or Mustang Mach-E - although they've made excuses - 'Ford's oversight not putting me on the list', etc
  • they, Rifa and Nyland, Rifa painfuly obviously, push Tesla and JLR, or JLR and Tesla respectively - Nyland has the Tesla thing sown up, obviously, so Rifa's niche, shekels, come form JLR, whereas Nyland's come from Tesla.

The truth is, neither of these two matter - TeslaBjorn, or the now Mini-me Kris Rifa.

The e-tron has outsold the I-Pace at least 3:1 in Norway to-date, and that with the I-Pace's almost year headstart over the e-tron, and the latterly self-registering by JLR/JLR dealers of hundreds each month, thousands accumulatively of EV320s in the last several months.

There might also be a cockup in the 'Elbilstatisk.no' figures, for the e-tron, as until a few months ago the Sportback was listed separate to the e-tron, and in '50' and '55' versions, not to mention the 'S', and now there's just one listing, 'e-tron'. Can we be sure this is aggregating all the former separate listings?

The more these two, Nyland and his mini-me, push Tesla and JLR respectively, the more the shrewd, brainy Norwegians, say: 'thanks Bjorn, great vid, have $5 for Patreon, ...now I'll go and place my order for an ID.3/4, e-tron, XC40, Polestar 2... .

The more they openly hatchet the e-tron, XC40, Polestar 2, ignore ID.3/4 and Mach-E, the more these cars sell.

The Scandinavians are very loyal to Volvo - hence the great sales of Polestar 2/XC40 - same car - and they love value for money, hence the e-tron and VW ID sales, and not a few 'sleeper' sales of the EQC.

As I said, Nyand knows Tesla's goose is cooked - he says the opposite of course - '10 years ahead' - and so has transferred horse to the Chinese - Xpeng, MG, Maxus, etc.

He's probably ethnic Chinese - I don't know.

The one to really watch, though, and relevant to you, is Hyundai(-Kia), and its new EV platform, 'Ioniq 5' etc. This will be a Gamechanger.

It has already spooked JLR PR Ltd - Autocar - with its ridiculous 'New Brand' thing yesterday, which is a direct crib of the Ioniq 5, and really a desperate cry for their livelihood giver, JLR, to pull its finger out and react - 'FFS, do something like the amazing Ioniq 5, or you're toast, you clowns!'.

The nearer we get to real, mass EVs, like the ID3/4, Ioniq 5, Xpengs etc, the more these shills, from Nyland, to Rifa, to Autocar, have to expose themselves, and their true agendas and income-givers.

Excellent.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
What's JLR to do? Bet everything on EV, and Ioniq 5 and its other platform cars will make 'Freelander' EV brand look silly, and about 10 years out of date.

Go (ultra)high-end, a larger version of Aston Martin. McLaren, and existing(quite old) cars make its mooted 'New Jag Design' thing - JLR's hoped for entry to the big league, £250k+/ea., few hundred series cars - look from the last century:

source: Motor Trend Car of the Year 2020

- a car that would destroy any front-engined ~£350k 'Super-Jag', stopping from 60 mph in the space of five cars - jesus.

JLR is between the Devil and The Deep Blue Sea, serious-guys' EV, and jaw-dropping Super-cars - neither can it do.

Nicking Ioniq 5 and calling it 'Freelander' has to be the last straw - before this old nag is shot in the head and sent to the glue factory.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
- thanks to Mr Nyland?

Look at 1:15-1:40:

- he said the XC40 is 'much thirstier' than the I-Pace - around 1 kWh/100km actually - debatable

But did he rig it, by leaving the bonnet ajar? Or is he just an idiot?

The car would display a warning for the bonnet not latched - so why didn't he close it?

Even one side open would cause significant drag.

He knows the XC40 is a major threat to Tesla, the about to arrive in Norway/Europe Model Y.

His job is to make a bit of a joke of it - 'ridiculously thirsty' - yeah, about 2-3% more than the I-Pace - arguably.

It charges faster/much faster than the I-Pace, is faster/much faster - real-world, low to mid 4s for 0-50 mph - and has more usable space, plus it's cheaper.

So of course he tries to make a joke of it - against his No.1 and 2 - Tesla and JLR.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
12 years under Tata, Jaguar, the performance brand, XFR etc, is lightyears off the Pace - pun intended:

2021 BMW M5 CS Specs: 626 HP and Weigh 154 Pounds Less

- well over 700hp real, quarter mile faster than a Taycan Turbo S - nearly half a tonne lighter - and a useful daily car, lots of space.

- er, 'Grace, Pace, and Space' - someone should coin it.

Ford gave it a real go - against the Germans. Jaguar under Tata is like a mobility scooter to an F1 car.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
He's very entertaining, and likeable, hence his YouTube success, but his credibilty as a neutral EV tester is shot - "tiny gap", "makes no difference" - from 6:20:

The wind rushing through at ~130 km/h is extraordinary, a huge drag. Yes, drive in town at 25-40 km/h, and it makes sod all difference. Try cracking open a side window on a car at 80 mph, just 2 cms, and see, or rather hear the racket it makes - and that's 2-3 metres behind the point of entry into the fluid(air), and side-on to the direction of travel.

He's having a laugh.

The XC40 P8 Recharge is a success, notwithstanding his 'so thirsty' attempts, because:
  • it's fast - faster than the EV400 I-Pace, way faster than the EV320
  • it charges up to 130 kW
  • real-world range is on a par with the slightly bigger battery I-Pace
  • it's bigger inside/more usable than the I-Pace and Polestar 2
  • it's well-made/luxurious
  • it's cheaper than the I-Pace - a lot, compared to the EV400.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
^ of course, too, the noise test was shot by having the bonnet ajar - invalid due to the extra noise of this air disturbance, basically setting up a boom box in the under bonnet cavity space, amplifying the noise futher.

He's a nice guy, but a million miles from a petrolhead/car guy. He has zero mechanical sympathy, no innate mechanical understanding.

He loves EVs because he/they are so binary - something either works or it doesn't, goes or it doesn't, on or off, Tesla or it isn't.

The real world isn't like that. Tesla and Musk try to sell to these type of people that the world is exactly like this - 'paradigm', 'legacy', 'fossil', black and white - Carbon bad, electrons, windmills, solar panels good.

It's infantile, and completely wrong, flying in the face of physical reality.

I wish him no ill, as I enjoy his work. But EVs are already long past the stage of the first horseless carriages - stick a motor and battery in, and you're a paradigm shifter.

It's all about degrees now, tuning, development, the hundred one-percents, which is alien to these binary, go/no-go guys.

Tesla's heyday is long past. Who remembers Sir Clive Sinclair and his C5?

Another slaphead(Rug Guy) and his simplistic transportation devices are destined to go the same way.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
^ of course, too, the noise test was shot by having the bonnet ajar - invalid due to the extra noise of this air disturbance, basically setting up a boom box in the under bonnet cavity space, amplifying the noise futher.

He's a nice guy, but a million miles from a petrolhead/car guy. He has zero mechanical sympathy, no innate mechanical understanding.

He loves EVs because he/they are so binary - something either works or it doesn't, goes or it doesn't, on or off, Tesla or it isn't.

The real world isn't like that. Tesla and Musk try to sell to these type of people that the world is exactly like this - 'paradigm', 'legacy', 'fossil', black and white - Carbon bad, electrons, windmills, solar panels good.

It's infantile, and completely wrong, flying in the face of physical reality.

I wish him no ill, as I enjoy his work. But EVs are already long past the stage of the first horseless carriages - stick a motor and battery in, and you're a paradigm shifter.

It's all about degrees now, tuning, development, the hundred one-percents, which is alien to these binary, go/no-go guys.

Tesla's heyday is long past. Who remembers Sir Clive Sinclair and his C5?

Another slaphead(Rug Guy) and his simplistic transportation devices are destined to go the same way.
I have seen a lot of the videos by Bjørn Nyland. They are entertaining, as you say, and they taught me a lot about living with an EV, charging it, planning longer trips and so on. But I have also been puzzled about his lack of basic knowledge of cars, technology and the laws of physics. His methods of measuring and testing are not exactly scientific either. For a Norwegian guy he also seem strangely unaware of how to behave in the cold and the snow. How to clean and start a car, when it's freezing and the car is an unapproachable block of ice. As I understand, he was born and raised in Norway. Even quite a distance up north, where they really have cold winters.

Oh, and as a comment to one of your earlier posts: He is not Chinese. His parents came from Thailand. His wife is from Thailand. Last winter he started making videos in Thailand. He wanted to promote EV's over there. He bought an MG ZS EV, which his parents in law use, when he's not in Thailand.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
He is not Chinese. His parents came from Thailand. His wife is from Thailand. Last winter he started making videos in Thailand. He wanted to promote EV's over there. He bought an MG ZS EV, which his parents in law use, when he's not in Thailand.
I said ethnic Chinese.

I know the Thais are proud, the only part of that world that remained independent, a kingdom, but like most of South East Asia, Chinese influence/migration/roots is pervasive.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Merc EQS:
  • more than 250 km range in 15 mins
  • over 200 kW charging
  • with only 400V
  • 500 amps! - hope those cables are well-insulated.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
France is a big enough country to dump heaps of pre-reg, 'demo', ... 'sales' of PHEV Range Rovers and Land Rovers, hence the drop on 'only' 25% in JLR registrations in December, but Sweden, being so small, population/population concentration, tells the nearer truth:

Land Rover -70% YoY - just 33 'sales'
JLR -53% YoY

- Land Rover sales should be going the opposite way - accelerated into year-end, with all the 'new' product - 'Icon' and PHEV Evoque and DSport.

What's happened is JLR's ~6 Swedish dealers can't take anymore 'demos' etc, having had almost a year of boatloads of Icons, PHEVs, and the 'new' I-Pace EV320, run out of space, money, and patience with the importer and JLR, and the masses of genuine new product from everyone else, excellent PHEVs, and the Polestar 2 and XC40 BEV sweeping up most of the premium EV demand.

Jaguar's 'sales' would have collapsed totally too, only for all the 'new' EV320s - 37 of Jaguar's total 42 were 'juridiska' - self-/pre-registered - and 39 were I-Paces!

Nissan's(/Renault's) sales have collapsed/gone too - they and JLR, the two worst non-Tesla carmakers in the world - eventually reality has to win out.

The ID.3 smashed it for VW - biggest selling car, 2,564 units - in Sweden in Dec.

Odd how Rug Guy's Model 3 can out-'sell' the ID.3 almost 2:1 in next door Norway, where all the world's EV eyes are trained, but has its head kicked in - outsold almost 4:1 - by the ID.3 in no-EV coverage Sweden. Can't work it out myself.

Where is Rug Guy? Is he alive, does he exist? Is he sharing a cell with Bollore and Epstein?

The ID.3 is a sensation, hence why the Media is either totally ignoring it, running 20 articles an hour on Tesla instead of the usual 10, or saying it's a huge flop, a disaster for VW.

The same vermin who say Up is Down, Pedo Guy and The Hoe are President-Elect and the soon to be President, and the white stuff you now see outside most days is actually 'record-breaking' Global Warming.

2681 - 2700 of 2771 Posts