XF Forum banner

2301 - 2316 of 2316 Posts

·
Administrator
22,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,301
Three guesses why these cars have to be delivered by the end of July ❓🤣🤣🤣

Chidge wrote: I got my email today confirming delivery date of 28th July (when I’m on holiday !) it says in the email that they need delivery to be completed for all of the cars before the end of July.

They said the same to me on the phone- they "have to deliver by end of July", though I'm not sure why.

Mine is dated 22nd July.

We are keeping our fingers-crossed as my wife and I work in different hospitals and we are now down to one working car: a W-Reg 1.0 Nissan Micra, borrowed off my Grandmother.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Three guesses why these cars have to be delivered by the end of July ❓🤣🤣🤣
I'm guessing that because Jaguar's and JLR's real sales in UK are through the floor, basically nothing, even a couple of hundred registrations of the I-Pace will make a big difference.

The £70k diesel Defender ain't selling - who knew. Small, cheap, petrol/EV is.

Audi has reacted by switching the largely non-selling diesel SQ7/8 to non-Europe petrol. JLR just does more advertising.

As I said, no wonder Speth's quiet.

Heard a stat on the radio yesterday which explains why JLR/UK regime is bricking it/dead:

- out of the 120,000 bods who went in every day to the Canary Wharf finance complex pre-Corona, only 10,000 went in last week - estate manger(had some more fancy/silly title) to BBC R4 Today.

That's the 'UK Economy' - London/The City/flogging all kinds of stuff to hundreds of thousands/millions of salary-men and women, now evaporated/nuked.

And hence all those small and not so small business owners in the 'Booming UK Service Economy' are now paupers, or living off their savings.

These were the people who bought Range Rover Sports, along with the allied BTL landlords, who rented out property to the salary-men and women, many of whom are for the chop.

So, JLR's core/only business blew up overnight, and its only fallback is its sole EV, 0% BiK etc, and the lifeline of the artificial NHS thing, hence I guess the rush to max it out for Speth's last sales figures.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Funny guy, but knows his stuff, and has spotted what I said a long time ago - VW/VAG knows it is set to be absolutely dominant in the global mass EV market, but kids on that it is '10 years behind Tesla' etc, for PR, politics, not to upset the emotionally unstable Elon fanboys, thanks to its massive investment and scale, getting the key cost of battery kWh to below $100, and then its car-making expertise, unit cost efficiency smashes everyone else, in the €/$30-50k key price range:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Slaughtering of sacred cows and Gamechangers seems to be happening 'apace' since Speth effectively left a couple of months ago:

Unfortunately the I-PACE Is now about £15-£20K too expensive (and that is reflected by the deals Jaguar has obviously made with the lease companies). I’ve paid less for the lease on my I-PACE than the depreciation would have been. Someone is getting a big discount and it’s not UK retail customers. The US dealers seem to have been selling I-PACE very cheaply with at least $20k off.

- only took them 2 years to react to zero/handful of real sales, but of course Speth and his shopwindow baby would have impeded this, as chopping the price, lowering the spec etc, just screams 'massive fail' - when you're tring to sell the company - when it was trumpeted as Speth's and JLR's crowning achievement, a gamechanger indeed, amongst all JLR's and Speth's stunning success.

The Polestar 2 is just the latest car to show how yesterday's-car, and priced for non-mass EV times the I-Pace is/was.

But it's not really the Polestar 2 or its sibling the XC40 Recharge that is the I-Pace's problem, or the Model 3/Y, rather the dawning realisation on most normal, sane people that no one wants 0-60 mph in 3, 4, 5 seconds, unless paying for a £100k+ toy like the Taycan, rather just a normal car, with 300 miles real range, for vaguely similar to 'normal' car prices, hence the ID.3 large-battery setting the cat among the pigeons, with its <€40k price, but the real-real action comes in a few months with the ID.4/Skoda Enyaq/Seat Elborn/e-tron Q4, 'normal', 'market bullseye' cars, mid-size crossovers, enough room, enough performance, affordable for most one car families, made by proper car makers:

- 300 miles range, 130kW charging, £35-40k/£350 a month lease would murder the I-Pace, hence this way too late reaction to make a 'cheap', cheapened out version.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
On the very day the ID.3 goes live for general ordering across most parts of continental Europe, owners of the I-Pace costing 2-3 times as much still have to put up with basic garbage like this, caused by by producing a car only for show, and then to sell the company:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
'T'urd' and 'Gamechanger' - reality a tad different, ...er, reversed:

2020 Audi e-tron Sportback earns '2020 IIHS Top Safety Pick+' rating
  • On sale nationwide, 2020 Audi e-tron Sportback is the second all-electric Audi to be named an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ following the 2019 e-tron SUV
- and still NHTSA nor IIHS have tested a single JLR since Tata took over - funny that.

JLR relies instead on telling simpletons that it aces the 'gold standard' of global crash testing, EuroNCAP, every car flying-colours 5 stars, so need to worry about backwater US and its no-show for the lesser NHTSA and IIHS ones.

Of course, they forget to tell the simpletons that JLR's sole EuroNCAP tester, Thatcham, is 'Home team'.

'When god gives you lemons, you make I-Paces':

- shyster, PR-obsessed, fraudulent company with shonky, fraudulent product being shysterish - hold the front page.

...if only the US had an NHS. Problem solved.

And still wondering when some journo/authority will call out the '20,000 I-Paces sold to Waymo' thing - fraud to boost (TM) share price, to sell JLR, fraudulent receivables, etc - you know, FCA, SFO, Dick of the Yard, SEC, etc,

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
'And still wondering when some journo/authority will call out the '20,000 I-Paces sold to Waymo' thing - fraud to boost (TM) share price, to sell JLR, fraudulent receivables, etc - you know, FCA, SFO, Dick of the Yard, SEC, etc.'

- as good as confirmation less than 24 hours later that '20,000 I-Paces to Waymo/JLR-Waymo partnership' was aPR stunt/ fraud, cooked up by Alphabet's Indian CEO in cahoots with Ratan Tata/Tata, to boost/prop up ailing Jaguar/JLR/TM/Tata Sons.

'Waymo, a unit of Google parent Alphabet, and FCA said Wednesday they will deepen their relationship'

- the slience on the whole JLR thing now is deafening.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Not something you'll see reported in the media:

Between 1 in 6 to 1 in 5 of all BEVs registered in Norway is an e-tron:

• 472 of 2,926 so far in July
  • 6,123 of 34,107 in 2020
- staggering.

but it's so thirsty...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Now it all makes sense - 'EQC II':

- the half-hearted at best whole EQC (I) thing.

Zetsche/Kallenius knew that the above car was only 18 months or so in reality behind the stuttering launch of EQC, and obviously kicked off some time around 2018, like all the 'EVA' true Mercedes EV cars - EQS, EQE, and now this above, plus probably more off the same platform.

So why put great effort into EQC, when you know the 'real' car is coming, and, Bremen, where the EQC is made, was and is still fully loaded making the very successful GLC, which probably brings up to €10k profit a car, compared to probably a loss on the EQC, given its involved development, and max around 40k/yr production to spread the cost.

Mercedes, Zetsche/Kallenius, took a decision probably mid year last year, to effectively bin the EQC, which until then had been the decent-volume hope for zero emission and hence making a big contribution to reducing fleet average, for 2020 EU target, and fines, and instead massively accelerate PHEV, with now over 20 of them on sale, and hence bring down fleet average that way, plus knowing that 'EQC II' was making good progress, and would be a car with much lower cost than EQC.

Ironically, the EQC is now finally getting sales, with people realising it's a decent EV, and like e-tron, will not be repeated, with the new dedicated EV cars being 'cheapened out', yes, much better range, better EVs, but not better cars.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Gamechanger:

• ambient 23 deg. C, 100 km driven, at up to 130 km/h, average 119 km/h, 2-up, probably largish gentlemen, ~200 kg load with gear, largest 20" wheels, consumption 20.5 kwh/100km.
  • that's around 40-50% less than the I-Pace's.
  • with the largest battery, net 78 kWh, that means 'easy' 300 km/200 miles range at high speed on UK motorways.
  • means real range in normal driving, with largest battery, 18/19" wheels, 'new-normal summer' of around 15-20 deg. C in northern Europe, of 'easy' 400 km/250 miles
  • also, charging speed is better than the I-Pace's, with 150 kW to come later on.
  • all for half the price of The Gamechanger, less in EV heavily subsidised Germany and some other European countries
'Project Birch' - birch used to be associated with corporal punishment, borstal schools. Maybe if we gave Speth, Spaffer, Mayhem, Camoron, Bliar, Brown, Whitehall mandarins, Plod and the 'royals' a damn good thrashing, instead of handing the Bombay blackmailers billions more, we'd get results like the ID.3, and the wave of cars off it to follow, not the abject garbage that is The Gamechanger.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
2-3 times more ID.3s sold in one week, just in Europe, than what The Gamechanger did genuinely in 2 years:

VW’s electric ID.3 model draws flood of orders from new customers

- even VW sounds surprised. Nope, it's 'the Tesla effect' - geeks shouting 'shut up and take my money', which Tesla saw 2/3 years ago, genuine demand, now long sated - but crucially, with the VW, mass-market affordable, so that you don't run out of geeks with $100k burning a hole in their pockets, PLUS huge EV subsidy(<€60k rrp) in Germany, hence the massive tsunami of demand.

300 mile-genuine EV/EVs(ID.4 Enyaq etc) that work as cars not fragile toys for €40k, is the real game-changer, plus the ability to make money at that price level - <$100/kWh.

When once the answer to any auto advice question was 'Golf', it'll now be 'ID.x/VAG clone'.

Was clear as day 2/3 years ago, that VW's EV 'MEB' cars would be the real mass-market, car-market EV revolution.

Tesla loses/would lose money on every car it 'makes'/throws together under $40k.

JLR loses money on every I-Pace sold under £70k/$100k.

10 million units+ a year VAG can make money on $25k ICEs and $30k EVs.

It's a smple as that.

·
Administrator
22,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,312 (Edited)
2-3 times more ID.3s sold in one week, just in Europe, than what The Gamechanger did genuinely in 2 years:

VW’s electric ID.3 model draws flood of orders from new customers

- even VW sounds surprised. Nope, it's 'the Tesla effect' - geeks shouting 'shut up and take my money', which Tesla saw 2/3 years ago, genuine demand, now long sated - but crucially, with the VW, mass-market affordable, so that you don't run out of geeks with $100k burning a hole in their pockets, PLUS huge EV subsidy(<€60k rrp) in Germany, hence the massive tsunami of demand.

300 mile-genuine EV/EVs(ID.4 Enyaq etc) that work as cars not fragile toys for €40k, is the real game-changer, plus the ability to make money at that price level - <$100/kWh.

When once the answer to any auto advice question was 'Golf', it'll now be 'ID.x/VAG clone'.

Was clear as day 2/3 years ago, that VW's EV 'MEB' cars would be the real mass-market, car-market EV revolution.

Tesla loses/would lose money on every car it 'makes'/throws together under $40k.

JLR loses money on every I-Pace sold under £70k/$100k.

10 million units+ a year VAG can make money on $25k ICEs and $30k EVs.

It's a smple as that.
I am sure that in time VW will dominate the EV market but the FT piece is probably accepting copy from a PR department at VW who are no doubt as good a JLR when it comes to spinning.
The truth is that not all of those cars claimed to have been sold will be delivered. It is perfectly understandable that with so many people concerned about their finances the idea of committing to a £500/£600 pm PCP, or similar, requires guts.

From one ID3 forum:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I am sure that in time VW will dominate the EV market but the FT piece is probably accepting copy from a PR department at VW who are no doubt as good a JLR when it comes to spinning.
- no. It's just VW reporting what happened last week. The ID.3 went on general sale last Monday in Germany and most other European countries.

They're genuinely surprised by the inundation of orders - shouldn't be, given the ~€10k off from govt. EV subsidy and VAT reduction in Germany currently, and the dawning realisation with many early adopters that a 300 mile real range EV made by a proper car company can be had for around mid-30s euros - in Germany, and around €40k elsewhere in Europe.

Tesla sales had already collapsed in Europe - before the ID.3, Polestar 2, Kona EV, etc.

Because:

• they're too expensive - no one but 1% need 0-60 sub 4s
  • they're sh!t(as a car)/dangerous:

- the idiots 'analysing' this are missing the obvious - huge acceleration of hit vehicle, meets free body of the body sitting in seat attached to accelerated object, hence huge force acting against the moving forward backrest of the seat, hence the collapse - think of the jolting start of a roller coaster, as your back is whacked 'backwards' into the seat.

This isn't rocket science - cars being rear-ended, and any decent/normal car company would do tests to see if their seats/seat frames can withstand this loading, for obvious reasons - say maximum stationary car being rear-ended by a 2 tonne passenger vehicle at 30 mph, causing ~2g acceleration, and 100kg mass occupant in front seat/seats, so seat/seat frame needing to withstand ~200 kg equivalent of force - which it didn't, plainly failing at at least one of the seat base to backrest hinges or/and sides.

This of course should already have been picked up by EuroNCAP, and NHTSA, and IIHS, when they do the whiplash test, at least.

Guess we now know - anyone with a brain/pulse did - that Tesla gets a free pass from these agencies, like JLR does - Thatcham 'home teaming' for its joke 5* EuroNCAPs, and no testing at all by NHTSA and IIHS.

The Dutch 'look after' Tesla for Europe. Putting one over on the Germans, even when it means passing/protecting dangerous sh!te, that duped fellow countrymen will then buy, is worth it.

Well, the game's up. The average Nederlander will buy an ID.3, or a VAG EV clone, and so will the average Brit, even with the BBC, Daily Mail et al going on about the War, Nazis and Dieselgate every single day.

VW's problem is making them. Orders will/are massively outstripping Zwickau's capacity.

That was JLR's problem once - and only once - the Evoque, 2012-2015.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
The e-tron - the most unreported successful car/thing ever.

I'm sure Ingolstadt and the Porsche and Piech clans don't give a F, as long as the real billions roll in.

At least 750 e-trons registered this month in Norway, still well ahead of the finally now fulfilling its orders from last year EQC with around 650.

And the e-tron GT, e-tron Q4, ID.3, ID.4 and others to come by the end of the year.

No wonder the 'global' media now basically ignore Norway/Norway-EV, like they ignore next door Sweden for Corona.

Best to concentrate on a few hundred NHS I-Paces, and the Loon's next diversion.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
With 2 years distance, the I-Pace looks more and more like Callum channelling his 1960s to mid 70s formative years, 'impressed' by the Landcrab and all those 'advanced' Austin/BMC/BL FWD cars, with the resemblance to the Austin Princess now coming to the fore - no wonder it's usually photographed on 22" wheels, to hide its blobbiness and bloat.

Basically chopping the roof off an F-Pace/Full-fat - the donor platform of this 'bespoke' EV - to get the frontal area down, to try to make the real energy consumption somewhat competitive, just grossly emphasized its too wide for its height, and length, misshapen look. And then making the rear screen so 'fast', again to try to improve energy consumption, by reducing the drag coefficient, made it look like it's going backwards and forwards

A very odd car that I think will be in AMC Pacer territory in 20-30 years time, as in 'what were they thinking?!', not 'classic'.

·
Administrator
22,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,316
Surprise, surprise.

Since my 2 year PCP lease expires in October I have been playing with the Jaguar PCP calculator.
I very much get the impression that Jaguar are expecting discounts in the £10k region, and that's
in addition to the current £3k finance contribution which just offsets the loss of EV grant.

My well specified SE has an Optional Final Payment of close to £50k this October.
If I specify the same vehicle now the Optional Final Payment (in two years time) is just £36,300 on the same 2 year PCP.
That makes a 2 years PCP deal over £13k more expensive.
But more interesting it indicates Jaguar's prediction of the the 2 year value has dropped significantly.”

2301 - 2316 of 2316 Posts