XF Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2300 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Bank on it that an 'owner' - Chewy, Abu Dhabi Dude... , - will tell the other sap real owners on ipaceforums.co.uk that the I-Pace is still constrained by battery supply, and the quoted 3-6 month delivery leadtime from UK JLR dealers is real, not a bare-faced lie, to gull idiots that the car is in high demand - the said sap real owners who unbelievably are still on ipaceforums, against the as many or more paid JLR shills:

Jaguar dealers are offering whopping $20,000 discounts on the I-Pace EV - Electrek

- like the Tata Motors share price, the I-Pace price is irrelevant.

If JLR was a real company, with a real leader, it would withdraw it, as even Austin-Rover/Rover Group did with the not as bad flop Rover 800/Sterling in the US in the early '90s, and as Mercedes and BMW have decided pretty much with the EQC and iX3, which they knew was a fool's errand, against the patriotards with Tesla, and the with a toe-hold e-tron, waiting for their full-on EVs to tackle that ultra price-sensitive and cultist(Tesla) market.

But JLR can't. Instead, we fund this nonsense, UK taxpayers - selling a hundred or so real I-Paces a month in the US at a major loss - $30k at least on each now.

Same with the 'surprising' decent sales for Land Rover in Spain last month - the Velar not far off one of the top sellers, in a collapsed market, with people obviously not rushing out and buying non-working toys for up to €100k - at least 100 units were given gratis, courtesy of the UK taxpayer, to rental companies.

This is way beyond BL. BL had Sir Michael Edwardes and Thatcher. JLR has five year olds, Spaffer, Cummings and the No.10 SpAds, and an ex-grocer, Andy Street.

There's no one telling Speth and the Bombay blackmailers to do one. Of course not Plod too.

How will this end? Will it ever end? The most successful unsuccessful thing ever, like the DDR and the Trabant going on for a thousand years.

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,282
My view is that JLR is simply too big to fail, so many jobs in “red wall” dependent on its survival.
Quite what they will be required as an employer of so many people to do remains to be discovered.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
My view is that JLR is simply too big to fail, so many jobs in “red wall” dependent on its survival.
- the opposite, really. The red wall is/was much more a north/north-west thing anyway, not B'ham/West Midlands metropolitan area/WM region.

The Midlands sort of red wall were always far more swing voter territory, with classic constituencies like B'ham Northfield(Longbridge plant, as was), Edgbaston and so on, which flip-flopped regularly from the 70s through Thatcher in '79 to Blair's New Labour.

Spaffer's/Cummings's real concern is not West Midlands marginals, it's the south-east, the Home Counties, when it comes to JLR.

As I said, the collapse of JLR would be the ravens leaving the Tower for the dyed in the wool/utterly brainwashed patriots.

JLR is not the BL of the 70s/early 80s, which was truly iconic for B'ham/Black Country/Midlands 'metal bashing' - everyome seemed to know someone who worked at 'The Austin', or 'The Rover', or at 'Jag', or 'Standard', 'Triumph', etc, etc, etc.

Anyone under 45 now, especially of ethnic origin, would not identify anywhere as closely with the motor business and its ancillary metal bashing. They want to be doctors, lawyers, accountants, failing that, something safe and pensioned in the public sector, local govt. etc.

The fall of JLR would deal a body blow, in the mind, to Surrey, Chelsea, etc.

It's the Man United of the car world - supporters everywhere but Manchester - and living on past glories, ...and a facade, ...and massively indebted by looting owners, etc.

JLR is not a real thing. It's a PR project. Its primary purpose is to swell the hearts of the patriots in the South East, the bubble people - media/'creatives'/law/politics/the City - in central London, and a few remaining parts of north and east Yorkshire, and rural East Midlands.

BL falling over in the early 80s didn't even register with these people - they weren't buying Marinas and Allegros.

The rot I suppose started with Jaguar Cars in the 80s, which began the outward everything wonderful, underneath, inside crap, falling apart, mode of doing things, we see now in spades at JLR and the whole of the UK and its society.

Land Rover did the same with Range Rover in the late 80s and early 90s - lashings of lipstick on an ancient pig, sucking in BAe for a profit and asset stripping.

Land Rover should have expired then, but a lunatic from Germany, well-meaning, bought it, and BMW's engineers made a silk purse out of a dead sow's ear, the L322 Range Rover.

Ford did the same for nearly 20 years at Jaguar, pouring money and their best engineers into it.

All this, fatally, made the patriots believe that Jag and Land Rover were world players, going toe to toe with the German giants, even beating them, making them look past it.

10 years or so on from that, we are now in max propaganda, min reality situation, with many of these patriots still believing J and LR are players, against the reality of BL on stilts behind the curtain.

So how does a govt. square that circle, and let down these patriots gently, and not crash the remaining fragile psyche of a country?

It doesn't. It ploughs on, doubling down on the pretence, the Soviet Union-like mass, society-wide lies and propaganda, the Comical Ali, as I call it, 'JLR poised to spring back and smash its foes' - see Haymarket's '2020 is JLR's year' etc.

It's a disaster, for JLR, the country, and the people.

There's no way now to 'let the air out of the tyres', defuse the situation, everyone painted into a corner.

Tata knows this, and is exploiting it totally. They know Johnson is a clown and a coward, and his advisers self-interested, wet behind the ears half-wits.

JLR will end with the crushing from outside. The plain as day post-Covid EV relative boom will do for any pretence remaining with JLR.

I don't care how many Velars, Evoques, E-Paces etc JLR have given away to Hertz etc to show how successful it is. When VW alone is making thousands of EVs a week in 6 months, JLR telling the world via Autocar, Motor Trend, Daily Mail etc that it's 'booming' will convince no one, not even the UK patriot(-tard)s.

JLR is the t'urd that won't flush, due to a non-functioning cistern - UK.gov, the media, UK 'law and order', zero whistleblowers - but there's a tsunami of EVs coming to drown this unsinkable t'urd, and wash away the scum that stuck to it, like Speth, the scribblers at Autocar etc, the Clarksons of this world, and the bent cops and civil servants, who did the PR stunts and rubber stamping of their fraudulent claims for them.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Norwegians desperately trying to show the I-Pace is not the odd-one-out fraud, by moving the goal posts, by not using JLR's/DfT's approved, official, still declared to this day, 470 kilometres WLTP range - was originally 480 kms of course:

Følg rekkeviddetesten direkte: Her er elbilene som går lengst!

- the real stars are the now under £20k eUp! siblings, the new e-tron Sportback, the EQC for its price, the excellent Xpeng G3, and the Huyinda-Kia cars, especially the Kona.

Not clear of course whether the Taycan was a 4S, Turbo or Turbo S, what wheel and tyre size it had - from the sole picture it looks like a Turbo S, and the largest wheel size and 'snowplough' tyres, hence the modest achieved range - still makes a mockery of the fraudulent EPA range of course, even in this worst-case spec.

Same question for the I-Pace - I would bet it had favourable 18 or 20" wheels, and not the 22"s.

These Norwegian magazine testers will have in-built bias towards Tesla, subconsciously affecting their hypermiling driving style, but it's now clear, especially with the completely bombed sales of Tesla in Norway with real customers, and to an extent elsewhere in Europe, even Holland etc, that the game afoot, with mass EV, is really between the Koreans, the zooming up Chinese, and the Germans - plus ca change, etc.

The ID.3 and its coming clones and spinoffs need to beat Kona, Xpeng G3 and co., not some Fisher Price Model 3/Y.

Tesla and its share price is a regime front, mass propaganda tool - the worse it's actually doing, its appalling future prospects against the Germans and Asians, the higher its price goes - just like JLR/Tata for the UK/India regimes.

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,285 (Edited)
Norwegians desperately trying to show the I-Pace is not the odd-one-out fraud, by moving the goal posts, by not using JLR's/DfT's approved, official, still declared to this day, 470 kilometres WLTP range - was originally 480 kms of course:

View attachment 50120

Følg rekkeviddetesten direkte: Her er elbilene som går lengst!

- the real stars are the now under £20k eUp! siblings, the new e-tron Sportback, the EQC for its price, the excellent Xpeng G3, and the Huyinda-Kia cars, especially the Kona.

Not clear of course whether the Taycan was a 4S, Turbo or Turbo S, what wheel and tyre size it had - from the sole picture it looks like a Turbo S, and the largest wheel size and 'snowplough' tyres, hence the modest achieved range - still makes a mockery of the fraudulent EPA range of course, even in this worst-case spec.

View attachment 50121

Same question for the I-Pace - I would bet it had favourable 18 or 20" wheels, and not the 22"s.

These Norwegian magazine testers will have in-built bias towards Tesla, subconsciously affecting their hypermiling driving style, but it's now clear, especially with the completely bombed sales of Tesla in Norway with real customers, and to an extent elsewhere in Europe, even Holland etc, that the game afoot, with mass EV, is really between the Koreans, the zooming up Chinese, and the Germans - plus ca change, etc.

The ID.3 and its coming clones and spinoffs need to beat Kona, Xpeng G3 and co., not some Fisher Price Model 3/Y.

Tesla and its share price is a regime front, mass propaganda tool - the worse it's actually doing, its appalling future prospects against the Germans and Asians, the higher its price goes - just like JLR/Tata for the UK/India regimes.
It is interesting that on Jaguar’s Norwegian site the WLTP range is stated as:

Google translation:
SCOPE AND CHARGING
I-PACE has a range of up to 470 km after the WLTP cycle *. This is possible with the high-tech lithium-ion batteries with a capacity of 90 kWh.
(My bold italics)

Note the caveat that the range is in relation to 90 kWh battery capacity.

Of course we know that 90 kWh has never been available and even if it was it would require that the car travel to the point of total exhaustion of the battery.

On the U.K. site no such caveat is shown, just the usual WLTP stuff in the small print :
RANGE

One full charge provides a range up to 292miles (470km) on the WLTP cycle**.

So I am now wondering if the caveat shown in Norway is there just to ensure
protection from legal action.
Who knows maybe an iPace driven carefully with an available battery capacity of 90kWh would be capable of achieving the the stated WLTP range?

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
The head-scratcher of why the "so thirsty" e-tron is so popular in Norway:

'It is first and foremost outstanding driving comfort that characterizes the e-tron models, regardless of version.'

- around 20 kWh/100km for average speed of around 40 mph in Norway in 'summer' - probably 15-20 deg.C - with 21" wheels, is not bad either, plus of course its fast-fast charging speed - '55' and '50' models, 20-80% SoC in just 20 mins. for the '55':

Audi e-tron Sportback 55, IONITY Vik (Hole)
SOC (%)Tid (min)Snitt (kW)Ladet (kWh)
10-1521053,5
15-2041167,7
20-25612012
25-30713916,3
30-35913720,6
35-401113624,9
40-451313529,2
45-501414433,7
50-551614338,1
55-601814242,6
60-652014147,1
65-702214151,7
70-752414156,4
75-802614161,06

'We started with nine percent remaining battery capacity and charged up to 40 percent. It took ten and a half minutes to fill almost 1/3 of the battery, with an average power of 115 kW.'

and it looks good:

- I'm seeing more of them now - the e-tron, not Sportback yet - in UK.

Generally, the known for being clever Norwegians have twigged that e-tron may be a ~700k-1 million NOK car, but it's actually a 1.5-2 million NOK development car, or just car, the Bentley of the EV world, as I said at the start.

It's massive overkill, in everything, and will not be seen again, even with the VAG 'top EV', the e-tron GT(/Porsche Taycan), which is value-engineered to within a inch of its life, like the ID.3.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
So I am now wondering if the caveat shown in Norway is there just to ensure
protection from legal action.
Who knows maybe an iPace driven carefully with an available battery capacity of 90kWh would be capable of achieving the the stated WLTP range?
JLR gets round its fake, fraudulent 470/480 km I-Pace WLTP range by using 'High' and 'Low', and then qualifying it, eqivocating further, by grids of wheelsize, summer/winter, speed low/high, etc, etc, all designed to muddy the water, stop legal action as you say, and generally throw people off the scent of the original massively fraudulent '300 miles' declaration by JLR/UK.gov/the UK&US media, back in 2018.

Of course it could do 470/480 km range - as demonstrated by this favourable - Norwegian media adores Tesla and then 'British' Jag - report pretty much, no doubt assisted by 18" wheels, one-up driver, ECO setting, 15-20 deg.C ambient, low average speed for a long trip - around 40 mph, and seasoned EV drivers, so sub-consciously hypermiling.

Average Joe will find the I-Pace, in UK, with more motorway/dual-carriageway driving, still around 150 miles max practical range, i.e., down to 10-20% SoC before recharging, as it was 2 years ago, at the Portugal media launch.

In the US, Europe, and Germany especially, the I-Pace has bombed because of the higher highway and therefore average speeds, compared to UK, and more so to Norway, and hence its awful long trip practicality, plus all its fast-charging problems, only hitting 100 kW for a couple of minutes - done again cynically, like the range figure revisions, by JLR to thwart legal action for its misleading/fraudulent statements.

In summary, the I-Pace is 'so 2018' - which is a long time ago.

All that's left is to put it out of its misery.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Such academic discussions. Only one company on the planet has the experience and the data to back up the real world long term capacity of vehicle battery:

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Such academic discussions. Only one company on the planet has the experience and the data to back up the real world long term capacity of vehicle battery:
- knock it on the head, son - if you have an ounce of tact.

'Tesla' is Muder Inc., The Mob for our time - insiders, 'The Law', civil servants, .Gov, Wall St, media vermin, all making a literal killing out of brainwashing dumbed-down idiots, 'Americans', to believe they have a world-beater, the opposite of the truth.

It's the Emperor's New Clothes, everyone either braindead or too scared to publicly say the obvious.

Not just Americans, either, with the Dutch fully 'Faustian-pacted', selling their souls just to spite the hated Germans, harbouring this sh!t for the European side, and some Germans, too, with the shekel more important for relatively economically depressed, ex-East Germany Brandenburg, with the new Tesla factory there, and no doubt copious 'shut up and just take the money' backhanders, greasing of palms.

Which all leads to this, the wiping from the earth of three women, probably a mother and her two daughters:

I know this is a thread about the I-Pace, but that similarly undeveloped, con-job, state rubber-stamped deathtrap, weapon-on-the-road, is 'safe' by virtue of its non-selling, but the Tesla has sucked in morons by the boatload, and now we see more and more the consequences - 'you'll die of the Virus' - more chance of being hit by lightning if under 50 - but the Loon with a Rug's 'paradigm-shift' Deathmobiles will actually kill you, or more likely other road users, and all we hear is what a genius the drugged up, messed up, padded cell candidate, patently homosexual, but 'beds 2 models every night' bollox peddled by the media to cover this, and have 40 year old prime Tesla-buying geek virgins adore him for this, fraud is.

It's sick. Shows what a sick, low IQ 'culture' we have in the US, UK and most of Europe now, pandering to, if not outright swallowing this nonsense.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just received. “New Jag I Pace The worlds largest press release - The new I Pace”
For more information visit uk.media.jaguar.com Tuesday 23 June. Whitley UK
Plenty of words like Award Winning. Enhanced this and that World first. From £65195 !!!
First and best electric car of its kind. Tracey Tompsett UK public relations manager
Jessica Jay UK senior press officer. Both must live on a different planet to most of us !!
The press release still refers to the XJ so perhaps nobody has told them that production ended some time ago.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
- knock it on the head, son - if you have an ounce of tact.

'Tesla' is Muder Inc., The Mob for our time - insiders, 'The Law', civil servants, .Gov, Wall St, media vermin, all making a literal killing out of brainwashing dumbed-down idiots, 'Americans', to believe they have a world-beater, the opposite of the truth.

It's the Emperor's New Clothes, everyone either braindead or too scared to publicly say the obvious.

Not just Americans, either, with the Dutch fully 'Faustian-pacted', selling their souls just to spite the hated Germans, harbouring this sh!t for the European side, and some Germans, too, with the shekel more important for relatively economically depressed, ex-East Germany Brandenburg, with the new Tesla factory there, and no doubt copious 'shut up and just take the money' backhanders, greasing of palms.

Which all leads to this, the wiping from the earth of three women, probably a mother and her two daughters:

It has always been happening on a regular basis, that a car veers into the other lane with oncoming traffic. You read about it in the newspaper almost daily. Normally it's because the driver didn't pay attention or let himself or herself be distracted by something. Sometimes the driver has actually fallen asleep. If we want to blame the Tesla for this, we must establish, that it was actually driving on autopilot. Otherwise it's the driver's fault and not the car's. It is most unfortunate, that, as it's often the case in traffic accidents, the innocent people in the other car (the Seat) lost their lifes, while the guilty ones in the Tesla only suffered minor trauma.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Just received. “New Jag I Pace The worlds largest press release - The new I Pace”
For more information visit uk.media.jaguar.com Tuesday 23 June. Whitley UK
Plenty of words like Award Winning. Enhanced this and that World first. From £65195 !!!
First and best electric car of its kind. Tracey Tompsett UK public relations manager
Jessica Jay UK senior press officer. Both must live on a different planet to most of us !!
The press release still refers to the XJ so perhaps nobody has told them that production ended some time ago.
- like a chicken running around after its head cut off - these alliterative ancillaries 'did not get the memo' - Speth has one foot outside the building, and it's just a toss up between lights out, doors locked, and Spaffer biting the bullet and nationalising it - way above the pay grade of these PR/marketing drones.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
It has always been happening on a regular basis, that a car veers into the other lane with oncoming traffic. You read about it in the newspaper almost daily. Normally it's because the driver didn't pay attention or let himself or herself be distracted by something. Sometimes the driver has actually fallen asleep. If we want to blame the Tesla for this, we must establish, that it was actually driving on autopilot. Otherwise it's the driver's fault and not the car's. It is most unfortunate, that, as it's often the case in traffic accidents, the innocent people in the other car (the Seat) lost their lifes, while the guilty ones in the Tesla only suffered minor trauma.
- clear day, wide, clear-sightlines road, ...head-on collision - sure, 'driver error caused car to veer into opposite carriageway' - Tesla's lawyers.

It's obvious it was the Autopilot garbage tracking the centre broken line as a carriage marker, probably after high to low light conditions after the tree shade and then direct sunlight - the genius system can't cope.

The US system - NHTSA, .Gov, Law Enforcement, the Courts, Media - allows this slaughter because Musk's Tesla is key to telling 95% of Americans 'they're winning', 'Be Proud', etc, like JLR for the UK, and of course a lot rides on the manned flight thing, SpaceX or whatever nonsense it's called, the mass satellite surveillance system, and probably other stuff we don't know about.

Musk is a 100% media creation - genius, societal messiah, father-figure and stud to millions of geek males, who see power, wealth and limitless ability to get the best looking women - so, 'buy a Tesla and your life will change too - you might even get a woman'.

Beckham was the poor-man's version in the UK - a moron, moderate footballer at best, who was suddenly a near-billionaire, and 'role-model' for Brtiish male culture.

Not forgetting the Royals, of course, the original and biggest creation, to keep the plebs aspiring, and firmly in the status-quo system.

I wouldn't want to be Musk for all the tea in China, and certainly not for being the fake figurehead of an enterprise that slaughters people, like these three women. But then the Loon is so doped up/'medicated' he probably doesn't know the time of day.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Huge, near-flat windscreen and similar rear screen, plus probably pano roof, a hot, unbroken sunshine day for northern Europe, not for anywhere less than ~40 deg. latitude, and the I-Pace and its owners go into meltdown:

'I tried the A/C on the car today!
What are other users findings regarding range reduction?
202 miles no A/C just the fan on 3
168 miles with A/C on!

That surely is a bit extreme?

Also I wasn't impressed as to how cold it got on LO. Not the icy breeze I was expecting!'

it gets worse:

'the AC doesn't feel very powerful, at least compared to the ones i was used to in Audi/BMW/VW, and it is also much more loud when put on Auto than those.

I always used ACs on their auto setting, just setting the temp, and that was enough for a comfortable environment. With the Jag, Auto always goes to max fan, which is uncomfortably loud, and manually setting the fan speed at 3, to keep the noise under control, doesn't set the temperature quite as well as others. IMO it's definitely a weaker point for JLR compared to the germans.'

- so you have a choice between being deafended or being baked - 'Gamechanger'.

And of course, just to try to get the interior temperature to a decent ~16-20 deg C. on a hot day outside, ~30-33 deg. C, your range goes to pot, the AC compressor and blower consuming around a fifth to a quarter, compared to a temperate, typical English 'summer' day of ~16-20 deg. C - which we'll have from the weekend, if we're lucky.

The car was not designed for anything other showing JLR had done an EV, 'beaten the Germans', and getting JLR sold, so was anything but a real car.

Spending £80k for a sweat-box or to have a headache after listening to a roaring blower fan, as you go to the supermarket/dealership/lawyer to consult for rejecting car, with buttock-clenching anxiety over the dropping like a stone remaining range, will be JLR's legacy, when people write the learned tomes in a few years' time over 'What Went Wrong with JLR, 2012-2020, and Its Lauded Gamechanger?'.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I was wrong - for an EV, Aircon, the compressor plus blower, can add up to a third in power consumption:

- for just tootling around, in a city/town, low speed, little acceleration, on a warm ambient day, so ideal temp. window for the battery, around 30 deg. C, daytime, no lights, wipers etc, the I-Pace will consume around 20 kWh/100 km, which for an average speed of around 50 km/h/30 mph means power consumption of around 10 kW - yes, very low, but it's basically just to get the car rolling, overcome inertia, which a human being can do in a truck pull, etc.

- now add in A/C, where an average compressor is rated at 3kW, and an average HVAC blower at 500W, so ~3.5kW combined.

That's why, with the A/C system running at full pelt in the I-Pace, unable to cool the mobile greenhouse sufficiently, as its capacity is not up to job - done deliberately by JLR to reduce weight, time to get car to market - 'sling in the F-Pace system, no on will notice' - cost of course too, and minimise power drain for a car that was known already to have real very high consumption, plus of course a car only to get JLR sold, not be real - it's using around a third of the base 10 kW power need of the car, hence the step change in range, downwards, when the driver wants the A/C to do what it's supposed to do.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
"Der deutsche Gamechanger"

100 kW charging for at least 8% to 31% SoC, when the twice to three times the price I-Pace does that for a couple of minutes at most - done cynically so JLR's Legal can defend any court cases for mis- or fraudulent selling:

from 40 secs.

15 mins. charging = 100 miles - 'Gamechanger'.

This and the Polestar 2 hitting the market explains Autocar pushing the I-Pace again.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
"Der deutsche Gamechanger"

100 kW charging for at least 8% to 31% SoC, when the twice to three times the price I-Pace does that for a couple of minutes at most - done cynically so JLR's Legal can defend any court cases for mis- or fraudulent selling:

from 40 secs.

15 mins. charging = 100 miles - 'Gamechanger'.

This and the Polestar 2 hitting the market explains Autocar pushing the I-Pace again.
Great car. That's the colour I'm getting. Mangan Grau it is called. This one is quite dirty. It looks good, when the car is clean and shiny. I'm really looking forward to my ID.3, but it will probably be September, before they can deliver the first ID.3's.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
What's going on at JLR? They seem at best half-hearted now about their devotion to JLR:

'The [Polestar] 2 is certainly usable enough. Circa-300 miles of official range might prove to be more like 200 if our testing was any indication, depending on the particular specification of your car. That's not an outstanding showing for an EV at this price level, granted, but it's more or less what the Jaguar I-Pace returns'

- that's a sackable offence surely for an employee of JLR's contractor - telling the truth about the client's fraudulent product.

Fatboy Saunders(it's a Viz thing) would not dare say that unless he was pretty damn sure that Haymarket's main client was no longer JLR.

Saunders was second only to '(JLR)Colon-Cropley' is his ardour for JLR, but now tosses it away like an old shoe found on the road. Cropley gushing now over Ineos and Sir Jim, too.

Me thinks you don't have to be called Sherlock Holmes to see which way this is heading. This week's Autocar cover was not exactly four square behind JLR either, lukewarm at best, the nod to the 'Evoque thing', which is five years in the past, and that's about it.

Times they are a changin.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
^'What's going on at Autocar?' - oops.
---------------------------------------------------

The media showing they know squat, blinded by their hatred of German makes:

- yes, everyone knows the EQC is not the A-Class, but neither is this an all-time flop lied about here.

The shareholder has an axe to grind - his/their holding down a quarter, so latches on to a car representing at most 1% of Mercedes' sales.

This is a lie:

'What it did, though, was sell 397 units in the remaining months of 2019 and 276 more units during the first five months of 2020 (until May 28), according to the German Federal Motor Transport Authority.'

- the latest figures from the official KBA source say 480 EQCs have registered in Germany this year from Jan to June, 136 in June:

Still well behind the e-tron on its home patch, but now getting into gear in Norway, over 200 registered last month, and this month so far the leading EV. Also starting to do well in other European countries.

Its trick or tricks is/are it's cheaper than the e-tron, qualifies at under €60k for subsidy in Germany, and is the quietest EV out there, a very refined, relaxing drive, and quite quick, at least as quick 0-60 mph as the I-Pace.

Took a while for people to catch on, the lower price, quietness etc, and Mercedes' own half-hearted backing for it - CEO Kallenius deliberately made Bremen factory maximise production of the cash-cow GLC over it until at least early months of this year, and then The Thing kiboshed supplies of it, now just recovering, hence the spurt of supplies to Norway and elsewhere.

As ever, the media flat out lies, and has axes to grind, which 99.9% of people are too stupid to spot, thinking what they're being given is gospel, rather than simple hatred, and hidden agendas.

2281 - 2300 of 2300 Posts