XF Forum banner

2261 - 2274 of 2274 Posts

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Even with the Autocar hack's crushing 'Geography teacher' (non-)personality, you can see he's:

a) having the time of his life
b) incredibly impressed

The Taycan is fast becoming another 356 or 911 'event' - landmark, true icon cars, that will be remembered for all time.

Born of near-death Dieselgate, massively wounded pride, indignant over being accused of being basically mass murderers, seeing a dope head fraud like Musk being lauded as the new Ferdinand Porsche or Henry Ford, plus the best automotive engineers on the planet, Swabian petrolheads, VAG's huge resources, and Germany's/Europe's quickly catching up/caught up? software capacity, you end up with a once in a generation, 50 years car, that the beancounters won't let happen again.

They needn't worry, as the Taycan is a huge success, a phenomenon, with 40k units/yr once back to ful production, helping to soon cover the enormous development and time cost.

No wonder Diess, VAG CEO, seems chipper, and Mad Mutti Merkel looking a 100 years old, as her Marxist Dream/instruction of a 'Pastoralised'/dead Germany fades away.

It's in the blood. These people, central/northern Europeans, love making things, so they'd sooner die than stop doing so. Keep crushing them, but they'll bounce back, more detremined than ever.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
P O S - also notice the massive gouge in the paintwork above his scatch, at 3:35, which he seems oblivious to:

As with the UK regime, Tesla could literally kill babies and still be 'the bestest thing evah!', as it's not a car company, like JLR, it's a vehicle, THE vehicle for telling 300 million or so pleb idiots that 'their' country is AWESOME, the envy of the world - 'adore the system that has destroyed you, your family, and wants most of you starved/hypothermiaed/sent off to another war of invasion to death.

It is awesome, and terrifying, to see, live through such epic 'up-is-down', 'black-is-white', good-is-bad' brainwashing, which Lenin, Stalin could only have dreamt of.

The good news is coked up clowns like Musk, Tesla, the US regime/cabal generally is so rotten, so up itself on its total power and control, just as the UK's, that they can't see their nemesis - real work, talent and achievement.

You can almost literally feel the likes of VAG's Herbert Diess's astonishment at the gaping open goal left by Mad Musk, who he probably first thought was on the up and up, and now realises is just a drugged up front-man loon, Tesla held up by the state system, fake EPA range data, NHTSA and other .gov agencies, law enforcement, told to look the other way, when Tesla decapitates another believing schmuck, etc.

Diess and co., Daimler's Kallenius with his EQS, EQA, EQE, EQB etc, BMW's Zipse with iNext, i4 etc, Lucid Motors, Volvo/Polestar/Geely, etc, are all beginning to realise they are streets ahead of the garbage Tesla 'makes', even if they just watch the boozy vids of the Sandy Munro guy, exposing how Teslas are flung together by kindergarten children in play time, not even the 'quality' that Mercedes, BMW achieved with chicken farmers in the Deep South in the 1990s.

They all realise that Tesla is a joke, a con played on dumb Yanks, and a few Dutch sticking their fingers up at the hated Germans, and that the likes of the ID.3, Polestar2, EQS etc will devastate what's left of this 'Tesla Spell', even when the EPA give all these, epecially the German ones, terrible range ratings, or find some heinous safety problem, requiring they be withdrawn or owners compensated $1m+ each, with 90% of damages going to lawyers.

The game's up. The whole world doesn't want to be the plaything of psycho scum playing god.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Tesla and The Gamechanger in a nail biting, neck and neck race for ...~24/25th position in April EV sales in Norway:

Not a peep from the media on this, just wall to wall coverage of 'Cheetah stances', 'high tech visors'(contracted), and other earth-shattering news, anything to keep the half-wits and cultists away from the truth on these two Deep Fake outfits, and their garbage fraudulent products, sinking/sunk without trace in the real world.

·
Administrator
22,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,265
Well this a real tale of a disaster. Someone asks why a fault identified a year ago is still present in cars being built today. Assuming of course the cars are actually emerging from the factory rather than an airfield somewhere in Europe.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Well this a real tale of a disaster. Someone asks why a fault identified a year ago is still present in cars being built today. Assuming of course the cars are actually emerging from the factory rather than an airfield somewhere in Europe.
It's obvious that JLR gave up on the I-Pace.

The car is 2 years market-old - launched don't forget in Portugal, on a bleeding race track, this time of the year in 2018, and 4 years actual old - shown at LA motorshow in late 2016, but obviously 'finished' some months before.

The car started life as a bodge, a 'bespoke' cheap and nasty lashup, and has already ended it in the same way.

In 20 years time, the then equivalent of AROnline will marvel at how anyone was taken in by it, and how it got all those awards, and will have the title and reputation as 'The worst car ever to come of out the UK car induustry', overtaking garbage like the Princess, Allegro, Marina etc.

No sane car company, not even taxpayer-teated JLR, spends any money on a car that sells by the handful. It's over, gone, dead, its 'development' ended.

Remember those ridiculous pictures of Cropley and Saunders at Autocar driving 'prototype' I-Paces, where they looked like adults sat in kids pedal cars, perched on not in the seats, their heads on the roof, peering down, their eyes at or above the top of the windscreen, in line with the sun visor?

Now compare that to the 2 metre(6'7") tall Georg Kacher in a half a metre shorter ID.3, who is a good bit taller than the 6'3"(1.9 metre) Saunders, who is a bit taller than Cropley, probably 6'1"-6'2":

- yes he's slouched, but his head and eyeline are plainly 'in' the car, not 'on' it, with room above his head, and his eyes well below the top of the windscreen.

All this really shows is that the I-Pace was not a 'bespoke EV', which even the dimmest now realise, as it was just a Full-fat platform with the roof chopped by almost a foot, and the seats raised to accommodate a foot-thick battery, and hence the less space than a Golf interior.

As Kacher says, but tuning his writing for an English readership and Bauer Media client, the ID.3, and its coming mutitude of siblings and offshoots on 'MEB', is a, or rather 'THE Gamechanger' - the first real EV for the masses, and built to proper car standards, unlike the garbage Tesla.

And before you know it, you feel like you've been driving the ID.3 forever. It's easy to drive – and to like. All those development millions, all that brainpower, and they've created a car that very quickly feels pretty familiar and normal. This is a huge success, given products on Volkswagen's MEB architecture are not aimed at Tesla-style early adopters, but at the soccer-mom mainstream.
- sorry, Georg, a blind person knew that to be the case.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
JLR obviously foresaw The Lockdown, and designed the perfect car for it - 'DO NOT ever use - strictly only for multiple awards puropose and trying to get the company sold to some mug, hopefully Chinese':

So now it’s my turn! After a trouble free year of ownership, my hitherto perfect IPace has broken down - on my wife’s birthday!
We went to our local garden centre and on restarting the car to drive up a moderately steep slope heard a loud ‘thump thump thumping’ noise accompanied by 2 error messages: Drive with caution - stability control not available, and Restricted performance. The car would only move at about 5mph and then with a dreadful metallic noise and much shuddering.

- blame/sue Spaffer, for easing it, allowing Middle England to indulge its favourite activity - going to a jumped up plant nursery, but one that sells coffee and cakes, wasting hours of 'our so precious time', and with little change out of a £50, to show 'how well we're doing'.

Like the (non-) 12V charging problem above, this major, serious, safety-critical - car goes bang on the motorway, autobahn at 200 kms, with no drive - problem has been known by JLR for ages, probably since the car was 'developed', but lobbed out onto the market to be sold to idiots, sure in the knowledge that JLR will never be criminally prosecuted for producing a known faulty, life-endangering product, and not even sued by an adoring population, or of course instructed to recall the cars and cease production immediately by the authorities.

The perfect car for Lockdown, and gone ga-ga Britain - 'it's sh!t, can't even hold a 12V battery charge, could kill me, the missus, the kids, other road users ... , ...but I love it!'.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Carwow letting the cat out of the bag - heart attacks all round for the owners who hoped they were sitting on at least 50%, Tesla-typical residual value for their £70-90k 'investment' in The Gamechanger, and reward for early adoption?:

Today I received an email from Carwow with i pace offers but just before the offers it stated that new cars could only be purchased from stock, they could not be ordered to individual spec as it has now been 'Discontinued' !!

- what this really means, I think, is the I-Pace is now firmly in the same boat as the XF and XE, and E-Pace, (and of course the joke 'Porsche-outselling in Germany 'new' F-type') where JLR is trying desperately to clear down massive stocks, and new production is being held back until the latest opportunity, ...or never at all.

Yes, Magna Steyr is back at work, the Graz factory open, for a few weeks now, but who's to say that 'open' means the I-Pace and E-Pace are back being produced? No one other than the Magna management, and senior JLR management, could know that.

'Graz open' means: G-Class production - high demand, order backlog, huge profitability, and 2021MY BMW Z4/Toyota Supra production - the Supra is selling quite well, and the new 2021 car has had a lot of improvements.

Graz I-Pace and E-Pace is in the same boat as Castle Bromwich - basically shut indefinitely.

The I-Pace, E-Pace, XE, XF and 'new' F-type are basically shut, ...er, as is Jaguar.

And still no report from JLR on April sales - even the frigged ones. That bad?

All huge news, which 40 years ago, BL days, would be front page, nightly TV news, day after day, following every twist and turn of a dying BL/UK car industry, and the 'union/worker wreckers', but absolutely nothing on JLR - D-Noticed.

The Gamechanger has basically been euthanised, and 'icon' brand Jaguar too, but all we hear from the media and 'Govt' is garden centres, golfing - keep mindless Middle England (pre-)occupied - and 'Testing'.

They're getting away with it, but some of us will never forget what they've done, or forgive, and will live to see these vermin swing, metaphorically of course.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
The I-Pace must be a nightmare for JLR. Almost everyone I know personal with an I-Pace(And thats 20-30 owners I guess) have been to the dealer for claims and repairs several times. My car has been there 5 times. This must cost a fortune...
Anyone who knows how this is affecting JLRs economy?

'JLR's economy' = UK taxpayer on £7/hr- so okay for now.

The I-Pace is the Trabant of our times - peasant/brainwashed citizenry waited months/years for their prize motoring conveyance in the USSK, the regime and its 100% controlled TV, radio and papers telling them how it showed a clean pair of heels to decadent capitalist crap like the VW Golf/Audi T'urd.

When will our wall fall?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
No sheee-it, Sherlock/Bjorn, the Taycan is rather good:

- the cheapest 4S, 'small battery' version wipes the floor with The Gamechanger - much faster, better range, especially at higher/motorway speeds - I-Pace, like all JLRs, hits a literal brick wall at ~>60mph - faster charging, quieter, better made, residuals in a different league... .

Unless JLR, officially, drops the price of The I-Pace by £20k, now that the Taycan 4S is available, they won't even sell it to the patriot headbangers, who although they adore showing off the Leaper etc down the Golf Club, are also usually accountant, solicitor, IT types, with a spreadsheet for everything - their lives - and so know better than anyone how much the I-Pace will burn them on depreciation/awful residuals, versus the Porsche. Game-over.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
PorscheBjorn bucking for a job with Porsche?

Bleep the video and Porsche has marketing to the twenty-, thirtysomethings, and far more importantly, to the South East Asian/Chinese/disapora Chinese, sewn up.

JLR's equivalent - 'independent', influential YouTube/celeb reviewers/endorsers - would be Harry Metcalfe - 'Harry's Garage' - 'Get a Jaaaaag' Clarkson, and some geezer called Charlie Windsor. Nuff said.

That video is enough to put on 10,000 extra orders for the Taycan from Asia - and Mr Nyland knows it.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Maybe because JLR can no longer afford to divert any cars away from the off-the-charts demand for The Gamechanger - NHS, F&CO, HRH, 'Chewy' etc.:

- The Thing to the rescue, again - the blame-all.

Actually of course because:

- you don't spend tens of millions of pounds on something to promote the sale of <1,000 cars a year, i.e., multiples on the promotion of the 'main activity' that is bringing in far less.

- the 'sporty' I-Pace is typically up to 10 seconds slower than a Model 3 Performance/base Taycan around a 2-3 mile track, so hard to punt this thing as 'sporty' and 'performance' to those with more than 2 brain cells.

It's just JLR winding down, shutting down anything which costs real money, and espcially if it's for the Jaguar brand - kicked into the long grass New XJ/eXJ, delayed and delayed XF facelift, binned J-Pace, non-opening Castle Brom, etc.

If they had guts, they would announce, formally, that Jaguar 'ist Tot'.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
'scary sh!t', aka The Gamechanger, aka a World, European, UK, German... Car of the Year:

- aka the car that should never have seen the light of day, and wouldn't have in a the-rule-of-law-applies-to-all country, not one where scary sh!t from shysters gets showered with awards, the shysters get knighthoods, law enforcement does PR stunts for the shysters, and the shysters have their manhoods sucked 24/7 by the media.

Other than that, it's a fantastic car. :)

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Under the radar, but actually far deadlier to JLR than the e-tron, Taycan, Cullinan, or anything else - the Mercedes EQV:

Why so deadly, for a slow, very expensive van? Because it's the ideal car for mega city livery service/high-end taxis.

Zero emission, obviously London Con Charge free, kitted out as 4-seat V-Class rather than a Vito builder's van, like below, means this is the car that kills the remaining profitable Range Rover trade, for livery and Addison Lee type stuff, where an ~£100k and upwards Full-fat PHEV with real around 10 miles electric range, can't compare with this around £70k luxury-spec EQV with real 200 miles range - due to its huge 90 kWh usable battery.

It also poses a threat to the LEVC range-extender London Taxi. That is around £60k, and only has around 80 miles range, so this EQV in stripped down taxi spec could easily match that for price, and kill it dead, due to range.

The spec:

CO2-Emissionen0 g/km
Stromverbrauch (kombiniert)626,4 – 26,3 kWh/100 km
Reichweite (kombiniert)[5,6]417 – 418 km
LadestandardCCS
Minimale Ladezeit an Wallbox oder öffentlicher Ladestation (AC Laden, bis 11 kW Serie)< 10 h (0-100 %)
Minimale Ladezeit an Schnellladestation (DC Laden, bis 110 kW Serie)ca. 45 min (10-80% SoC)
AntriebVorderradantrieb
Leistung (Peak)150 kW (204 PS)
Leistung (Dauer)70 kW (95 PS)
Max. Drehmoment362 Nm
HochvoltbatterieLithium-Ionen
Batteriekapazität (nutzbar)90 kWh
Batteriekapazität (installiert)100 kWh
Längen5.140 mm, 5.370 mm
Radstände3.200 mm, 3.430 mm
Höchstgeschwindigkeit140 km/h (Serie), 160 km/h (Option)
Gepäckraum (max. je nach Ausstattung)1.030 Liter, 1.410 Liter
zGG3.500 Kilogramm

2261 - 2274 of 2274 Posts