XF Forum banner

2241 - 2249 of 2249 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Today sees the first of many no doubt.
I-Pace today so far = 1
AUDI e-tron Sportback 502222
Remember Bjorn Nyland with his 'It(e-tron)'s sooo thirsty' routine/schtick?

Remember he said he was shortly going to be testing the Taycan?

He's busted.

He also damned with faint praise - barely - the EQC.

Now, the e-tron has decimated the Model 3, and the EQC is set to zoom past The Gamechanger, which he implied was a good EV, a kind of runner up to his beloved Tesla.

He was 50% a naff analyser, not really a car guy, and 50% a Tesla-pusher and anti-German prejudiced.

Now he seems to be pushing 'MG', the Chinese company, and ranting from afar about how unfair, beastly the world is being to Tesla - when it crashes into things and/or kills people, makes cars that Lada would fail for quality.

Obviously, his fellow Norwegians saw right through him, and queued up for their e-trons, and now EQCs and Taycans.

His time is passed.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Remember Bjorn Nyland with his 'It(e-tron)'s sooo thirsty' routine/schtick?

Remember he said he was shortly going to be testing the Taycan?

He's busted.

He also damned with faint praise - barely - the EQC.

Now, the e-tron has decimated the Model 3, and the EQC is set to zoom past The Gamechanger, which he implied was a good EV, a kind of runner up to his beloved Tesla.

He was 50% a naff analyser, not really a car guy, and 50% a Tesla-pusher and anti-German prejudiced.

Now he seems to be pushing 'MG', the Chinese company, and ranting from afar about how unfair, beastly the world is being to Tesla - when it crashes into things and/or kills people, makes cars that Lada would fail for quality.

Obviously, his fellow Norwegians saw right through him, and queued up for their e-trons, and now EQCs and Taycans.

His time is passed.
I think Bjørn is just young and in many ways not really a car expert. He was just fascinated with Teslas, when they were launched, so he started making Youtube videos about Tesla cars. That developed into videos about all electric cars, when they started becoming popular in Norway. He has now discovered, that he can make a living from it, so of course he is fighting hard to stay popular and gain more followers. When he demonstrates Teslas, I can't help being impressed with the software and all the possibilities it offers. Things like dog mode, camper mode and sentinel mode are just great ideas, that no-one, as far as I know, has thought of before. Tesla also preheats the battery, when you are heading for a supercharger, and there are many other small, but very clever details. I don't know, how clever other EV's are. I'll be able to experience it, when I get my ID.3.

Bjørn is used to Teslas and know them well. But I don't think, he knows that much about cars and their technology. I can understand, if he is shocked when other EV's like the E-Tron and the EQC consumes something like 50 % more power than a Tesla. He is used to a consumption of 15-19 kWh/100 kms. Now he sits in these other cars watching the consumometer saying 27-29 kWh/100 kms. And he's thinking: "This car only has a 80 kWh battery. My teslas has 100 kWh".

He has bought an MG in Thailand, where it lives with his in-laws. It was by far the cheapest EV due to no import tax on Chinese cars. I think he's just using it to make videos, since that's what he's got. He is also stuck in Thailand due to the Corona pandemic, so he can't go home to Norway to test a Taycan.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
He is used to a consumption of 15-19 kWh/100 kms. Now he sits in these other cars watching the consumometer saying 27-29 kWh/100 kms. And he's thinking: "This car only has a 80 kWh battery. My teslas has 100 kWh".
- his video posted this morning, about some other Norwegian guy travelling in a Taycan to Malaga, ended up being just another chance to kick the Taycan/the Germans for their 'thirsty' EVs, not a patch on or near to Tesla, only recommending the Korean cars as anywhere close.

Absolute boll*cks, or balderdash to be polite.

If the e-tron was so thirsty, nowhere near to the light years ahead Tesla, why is the e-tron thumping Tesla, even the Model 3, in Norway?

Why is he basically lying about the Taycan, implying that its consumption is of the order the e-tron's, when it patently isn't?

He knows the Taycan has smashed the Tesla myth/propaganda, and can't handle it.

That's the real reason he never tested it in late Feb. or early to mid-March when he could have back in Norway. He would have had to show then its real consumption, and his Tesla is the Best crap would have been blown - see below.

He knows the Taycan is not the real threat, but the ID.3, which will show the Model 3 up for what it is, a near twice the price car, with joke quality, lesser utility, and the shyster flake Musk at the helm of the company supposed to support it.

This guy did the 'TBTP' - the TeslaBjorn Test Procedure - 90 km/h on an autobahn/highway, to get near best range - with a Taycan 4S, and got well over 300 miles, and consumption of around 5-8 kWh/100 km less than the I-Pace, when done by 'TB', who got 21-23.5 kWh/100 km, depending on ambient temp mainly:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
^^^ the gap of 1-1.5 kWh/100 km of the Taycan to the Model S would mainly be explained by the ridiculous tyre pressure of the Model S, 49 psi, and 19" wheels to the Taycan's 20s, so basically the same.

So where's this great 'Tesla Advantage', the supposed 5-10 years ahead it has, on efficiency, battery tech, general EV tech etc?

VAG's boss, Diess, is smart enough to let on in public that this is the case, but he knows of course better than anyone that Porsche/VW group is already at least shoulder to shoulder with Tesla, and will kill it dead with its huge cost advantage - $100/kWh battery cost, maker of 10 million+ vehicles a year, huge upfront spend on the BEV platforms, not the per unit cost, hence the €30k ID.3.

He knows making an ID.4 costs VAG buttons over the cost of the base 'MEB' ID.3, the cost having been sunk into the platform, so a $35-40k ID.4 will clean up against the Model Y, and make a profit.

It's Henry Ford's Model T, as I've said, all over again.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
It would have been too much for Bjorn Nyland to show how amazing the Taycan is, hence why he didn't do it when he could, a month or more ago.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
The I-Pace/Jaguar/JLR is dead, so we may as well concentrate on the US JLR, Tesla, to see how, like JLR, 'it is crushing the legacy/German makers' - according to the media/received 'wisdom' these last few years:

- no sh*t.

Johnson also reminded people that Tesla's battery range is "not what it seems", even sourcing pro-Tesla website InsideEVs for his data.
- no sh*t squared. You mean Tesla is to the EPA/DoJ/US rogue state as JLR is to the DfT/Plod/whole rotten, corrupt UK state, BBC etc? Noooo sh*t.

Who knew? Except this 'Deep Dive' super analyst, and moderately bright five year olds everywhere up until around 1995 - work it out.

The media have completely unreported, non-reported the destruction of, shellacking Tesla has received from 't'urds' like the 'compliance' e-tron, ancient eGolf, and BMW's armada of super PHEVs, and now Volvo's and Merc's too, with the ID.3/4, Volvo/Polestar's BEVs etc to come.

If it doesn't get reported by the MSM, it didn't happen, right? That's the modern world, isn't it?

The Tesla fanboys, thirty-, fortysomething men-children, seeing the freak, loony tune, crook billionaire Musk as their Messiah, surrogate hero-dad, could not take too much truth, any truth, over the reality of their 'paradigm'shifter' Tesla, which is now being gobbled up by the 'Cheat' VW.

That's also why Bjorn Nyland has basically solved the problem of the Taycan, its exposing of the Tesla '10 years ahead' myth/Big Lie, by ignoring it, 'non-personing' it.

All those who nailed their colours to Mad Musky's mast, are now going down, sinking with no rescue in sight, like the raft of the Medusa.

Cannibalism(metaphorically, folks) would be too good for these venal clowns.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Talking of Volvo(Polestar)/Geely/Sweden/China being on a roll - with their German designer/boss:

If we can only get "Mutti" out of the way, and German industry leaders calling the shots for Germany, Sweden/Germany/China plus the energy resources of Russia, Iran, Iraq, Syria... , would be unstoppable. Is this what scares the sh*t out of 'The Axis of Democracy', aka The City and Wall St?

2241 - 2249 of 2249 Posts