XF Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2283 Posts

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,221
@Muenster

You are mistaken.
Jaguar are deliberately misleading buyers on their website today.

RANGE

One full charge provides a range up to 292miles (470km) on the WLTP cycle**.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
@Muenster

You are mistaken.
Jaguar are deliberately misleading buyers on their website today.

RANGE

One full charge provides a range up to 292miles (470km) on the WLTP cycle**.
That's strange. On their Danish website Jaguar says 415 km WLTP (258 miles). In the InsideEVs article, you quote, they say 436 km. Which is it? If you look at the coloured bars in the article, the I-Pace is one of the cars, whose actual range is a lot shorter than the WLTP range. But half of the cars including BMW, Nissan, Kia, Tesla and Opel are just about as far from the WLTP range. Of course VW (Seat, Skoda), Renault, Audi and Hyundai come much closer to their WLTP range.

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,223
That's strange. On their Danish website Jaguar says 415 km WLTP (258 miles). In the InsideEVs article, you quote, they say 436 km. Which is it? If you look at the coloured bars in the article, the I-Pace is one of the cars, whose actual range is a lot shorter than the WLTP range. But half of the cars including BMW, Nissan, Kia, Tesla and Opel are just about as far from the WLTP range. Of course VW (Seat, Skoda), Renault, Audi and Hyundai come much closer to their WLTP range.
FF14-D233-2379-4459-9721-DD0901-ECA3-FB.jpg

I can imagine that BMVIrep would explain it by saying that we British are mugs and Jaguar can tell us lies because the U.K. Press will not gainsay them.
The proof is on their website but not perhaps on yours.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/i-pace/index.html

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
View attachment 49501

I can imagine that BMVIrep would explain it by saying that we British are mugs and Jaguar can tell us lies because the U.K. Press will not gainsay them.
The proof is on their website but not perhaps on yours.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/i-pace/index.html
Nice to hear, that we are not mugs here in Denmark ;-) It was not, that I didn't believe you. I just find it strange, that Jaguar is giving out different WLTP values in different countries.

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,225
Nice to hear, that we are not mugs here in Denmark ;-) It was not, that I didn't believe you. I just find it strange, that Jaguar is giving out different WLTP values in different countries.
Probably the buyers of other countries, USA , Norway, Netherlands and perhaps Denmark are more willing to launch a class action via the courts which wouldn’t be the case in the U.K. maybe ?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Probably the buyers of other countries, USA , Norway, Netherlands and perhaps Denmark are more willing to launch a class action via the courts which wouldn’t be the case in the U.K. maybe ?
- that assumes there is more than one buyer of the I-Pace in the States, Norway, Holland and Denmark. :D

I used to get very worked up about this, JLR's patent fraud, hand-in-hand with UK officialdom, the rubber-stamped DfT 298, then tweaked to 292 miles official range.

But then The Gamechanger itself saved the day, and thousands of lawyers were deprived of millions of fees, by the I-Pace selling the square root of nothing - so what was the point.

The lawyers at JLR - 50% of the company, the other 50% the PR team - told 'engineering' to:

- drop the fake '300 miles range' to '292', then
- effectively drop it to '258' miles, with this contrivance of 'High' and 'Low' WLTP, which seems to have escaped every other manufacturer, done when the Dutch were on the warpath this time last year, realising they'd been had, and it got into the local media, and there was talk of a class action
- frig '100 kW' charging, to stop a similar legal challenge(s), when the car would patently only do 80 kW at best, and get nowhere near '80% charging in 40 minutes', so now the I-Pace charges at 100 kW, for literally seconds, then reverts to its previous 80 max, and may even be slower than before overall.

- etc.

The car is a joke, with the lawyers driving its post-launch 'development'.

The car's real sales are also a joke, real sub 5,000/yr, with around two-thirds of that in UK - to headbanger, literally insane patriots.

Now of course, it's all moot anyway. Sales of all cars everywhere, except China funnily, where JLR is as popular as a crown shaped virus anyway, have stopped, for months to come.

Mad Musky though is pulling his usual tricks, with sales of the Model 3 somehow surging in Norway, and probably the US, when no one else is selling/registering a bean since last week, Norway completely halted and California locked down. Pathetic clown thinks no one notices this.

But, good old JLR Weekly is obviously not locked down - vital UK service? - Lord Hezza had a word with Blowjob and got a pass for his vital Haymarket Media service - flogging rags that no one buys - 4 quid for Autocar?!! - so this fine Spring morning we get this gem, 3/4 years on from the fanfare over the 'bespoke', 'all-new', 'gamechanging' 2016 I-Pace:

JLR has shown with the I-Pace and the new Land Rover Defender, both of which use structures that have been heavily modified from their base architectures.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/jaguar-land-rovers-castle-bromwich-plant-become-home-evs

- eh? I thought we were told, constantly, that:

'the I-Pace is a bespoke EV', not at all like the bodged, rubbish e-tron/T'urd, EQC, and coming iX3, with their ICE legacy platforms.

We were also told, I'm sure, that the I-Pace was/is:

'100% All-New', a 'from the ground up new design', dedicated for BEV.

Is Holloway now letting the cat out of the bag - limited hangout under the useful cover of you know what diverting all attention away from this revelation - that the I-Pace was actually an ancient Full-fat, 2012/2003 vintage, with its own earlier XJ platform, and bodged to make a 'bespoke EV', with its ridiculous 3 metre wheelbase for 4.7 metre length, and nearly 2.2 metres width, and almost no rear legroom, or headroom in the front and rear, all for a 'blank sheet', 'bespoke design'?

How useful this 'national emergency' is to let these scoundrels, scum in my eyes, get away with this - the bleeding obvious to a bright ten year old that 'The Gamechanger' was a cynical contrivance by Speth and co. to divert from the complete failure and disaster of 'New Gen' Jag, and the equally awful and completely failed 'Ingenium', both of which got billions in UK taxpayer money, and which the scum media sold to gullible idiots - 99% of the British public - that it was all gamechanging, world-beating, orgasmic, raputurously received stuff - the direct opposite of the truth.

Three and a half years on, Holloway, the supposed doyen of Haymarket's scribes, with his unimpeacable credibility, is wheeled out to let the cat out of the bag - the I-Pace was a cynical, one-off, piece of garbage, done to cover over the two failures above and get JLR as a whole sold in 2017/18 - slipped to 2018/19 with the I-Pace's around 12 months eventual launch delay - to some, likely Chinese billionaire fool, on the strength of JLR being 'The European Tesla', streets, years ahead of the lumbering, left way behind Germans, with thieir dirty, cheating diesels - again the direct opposite of the truth - BMW's engines were the standout best, and Ingenium and the ancient PSA/Ford V6/V8 diesel were neck and neck the worst in the world with Renault and Fiat.

Thank god for The Virus, so that these scuttling cockroaches can get away, disappear, without being rightly stamped upon, for al the lies, fraud and theft of billions over the last 12 years.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Seems the lockdown in Norway is not as '1984' as Spaffer's Paradise:

https://elbilstatistikk.no/

- someone's working in Norway, and most of them seem to be at Audi dealerships.

Then again, Norway has money, real money, from oil, gas, fish, engineering... , and a $1 trillion sovereign wealth fund, and not millions of 'entrepreneurs' - nail bar technicians, dog walkers, baristas, bottom wipers, IR35 tax dodgers and so on, whose 'jobs' disappear when the fake/non economy goes bang.

The fact that we have no real economy - North Sea oil and gas spaffed on mass unemployment to break the unions and the working class, and then mass immigration to finish the job off - is why we will now have the most 1984 lockdown in the world - 70 million people realising at least half of them have been sentenced to economic death may have a penchant for kicking off - Thatcher's scrapheap x 10.

UK authorities and media want us to believe that the whole world and everyone is in lockdown, economic life completely ceased - 'health is more important than money/the economy'. Spaffer wouldn't lie to us, would he? He's not known as 'Straight as a die Spaffer' for nothing.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
The Gamechanger is in danger of being overtaken by the bodged-ICE EQC and twice as expensive Taycan this month in Norway.

Maybe The Thing only affects JLR dealerships there? Maybe The T'urd(etron) creates such a stink it runs away?

Maybe Norway ran out of idiots around the 3,500 mark - the number of real I-Pace sales there since launch.

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,229
The Gamechanger is in danger of being overtaken by the bodged-ICE EQC and twice as expensive Taycan this month in Norway.

Maybe The Thing only affects JLR dealerships there? Maybe The T'urd(etron) creates such a stink it runs away?

Maybe Norway ran out of idiots around the 3,500 mark - the number of real I-Pace sales there since launch.
Are they still building them in Austria?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Are they still building them in Austria?
No, not since last week, and yesterday they annonced the reopening is now postponed from March 30th to April 20th:

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Another landmark, milestone of ignominy for The Gamechanger - total e-tron registrations now almost double the I-Pace's in Norway, in little over half the time on sale.

Should be all over the car rags, even business sections of general rags like The Telegraph and Daily Mail.

It would be like Barcelona or Man City being thumped 10 : 0 again and again by Preston North End, and going totally unreported week after week by all the back pages of the rags.

You see, the ordinary Joes have been brainwashed to believe that JLR is Premier League, Champions League 'Top 4', at least, and their 'best stuff' like the I-Pace is a World Cup winner.

They've also been told to believe that the Germans are playing non-league, with their bodged, legacy, compliance, cynical, rubbish EVs, way off the pace in every sense.

And that's why these remarkable landmarks, now happening almost every day, as the I-Pace and all JLRs get mauled, more and more, by even poodles like Seat, never mind rottweilers like Porsche, the media can't touch, as it would blow their whole point and existence.

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,232
I noticed that the ETron has now captured over 3% of the EV market in Norway, quite remarkable when one keeps in mind the negativity surrounding the car at launch.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I noticed that the ETron has now captured over 3% of the EV market in Norway, quite remarkable when one keeps in mind the negativity surrounding the car at launch.
'e-tron' - the most successful car you've never heard of, or

e-tron - the most successful car the global(cough, UK and US) media swears (still) is sh!t and a monumental, embarrassing flop.

e-tron - the car version of The Producers - look it up, young 'uns - the 'smart money' bets on a complete flop and disaster, but then it becomes a smash-hit sell-out, thereby ruining the smart money.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
e-tron - the car version of The Producers - look it up, young 'uns - the 'smart money' bets on a complete flop and disaster, but then it becomes a smash-hit sell-out, thereby ruining the smart money.
The Producers! ;-) Loved the song. I actually looked it up just to be reminded of it. It turns out, they made a new version in 2005, which is based upon a musical from 2001. So perhaps even the younger ones remember it.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Three things:

1. Global-Warmed 'spring' in northern Sweden/Lappland seems to be immune to The Thing and runaway, catastrophic, manmade Global Warming thingy - winter testing and business as usual

2. the Swedes/Lapps realise it's more important to have an economy for the Average Joe than bindlly obeying power-trippers and serial-lying vermin who bail out billionaire buddies

3. the now sometime in 2021 - at the earliest - 'New XJ'/'eXJ', will have to go up against this, the with rear space, load-carrying version of the best EV on the planet, from the best engineers and car company on the planet:

- good luck with charging £150k for the eXJ - which JLR would have done, pound to a penny - with this thing on sale for at least 6 months before - 0-60 <3 secs., 250-350 kW charging, limo like rear accommodation, but with the drawback of a rear hatch opening, but so too has the eXJ.

Customers in this segment will either want max. performance - Taycan/Cross Turismo/etron GT - or max. luxury, interior isolation and tech - Merc EQS.

They will not want a Jaguar liftback/hatchback for Porsche pricing, that can't compete with the Merc for performance, never mind luxury and space.

That's why Tata pulled the plug - pun intended - last week, with the dumping of Tata Motors, which a blind person could see actually meant the dumping of JLR.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
That's rather nice:

Kable is almost orgasming over it; Cropley will be jealous.

And still the 'S' version to come.

You have to feel sorry for the Norwegians - all that oil, gas, fish and sovereign wealth fund money to spend but so many choices - e-tron, Taycan, EQC, Polestar2, ID3, ID4, Ford MachE etc, etc.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Shiiiiiit, as Bjorn Nyland would say - 1,681 e-trons last month in Norway - his beloved Tesla/income giver wrecked by a glorified Fossil. No wonder he's run off/back to Thailand, and no sign of the Taycan test - too much to bear.

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,238
Shiiiiiit, as Bjorn Nyland would say - 1,681 e-trons last month in Norway - his beloved Tesla/income giver wrecked by a glorified Fossil. No wonder he's run off/back to Thailand, and no sign of the Taycan test - too much to bear.

View attachment 50027

View attachment 50027
Today sees the first of many no doubt.
I-Pace today so far = 1
AUDI e-tron Sportback 502222

2221 - 2240 of 2283 Posts