XF Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2234 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
In fact I am a little disappointed about the EQC re. range.
The plot thickens... :

VG continuously tests new and existing electric vehicles in the market. Now we have also measured how the cars can handle the fast charge. Here, there is a lot of difference between the best and the worst - and between "advertising" and reality.
https://www.vg.no/forbruker/bil-baat-og-motor/i/pLMQQX/test-av-elbiler-store-elbiler-luksus-elbiler

- I wonder to whom they could be referring? The Gamechanger with 470/480 km WLTP and reality of around 330 km, and sub-100 kWh 'fast' charging?

I'm guessing the final score, ranking was, out of 6:

EQC - 6, first
etron - 5, second
I-Pace - 4, last

Unfortunately the article is paywalled - '39/75 Kr'? - seems a lot.

But, they have also done a separate article on the individal test of the EQC, and given it '6', as on a die/dice, so presumably 6 out of 6:

"Mercedes EQC is a small price bomb among premium electric cars. This is VG's judgment of the newcomer in the top class"
https://www.vg.no/forbruker/bil-baat-og-motor/i/kJdQb6/test-av-mercedes-eqc-ny-elbil-i-toppklasse

So... , I'm imagining the reference to 'a lot of difference', 'between advertising and reality', is aimed primarily/solely at the I-Pace.

Perhaps someone could subscribe, or find a copy on a Norwegian/Scandinavian site on Facebook.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
What real money can do, from a real investing owner, not a blood-sucking fraudster owner. Geuinely stunning, fantastic, jaw-dropping. 13:20 is the key part:

When Lotus Cars collapsed almost a decade ago, hundreds of its engineers went to JLR, then beginning its 'stunning' phase.

I bet many of them are now wishing they weren't stuck in a 'Campus', all '13,000' of them, designing PR stunts and gimmicks like Speth's and Cropley's self-driving golfcart, that has apparently 'shaken the motoring world'.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hallett(PR head) knew Lotus(Geely) was about to do the start of the Evija launch, with the Carwow 'Exclusive', and cobbled together the golfcart thing - an ongoing research project - as a spoiler, knowing that the Evija makes The Gamechanger, and JLR as 'UK's leading and foremost automotive and tech company', look an absolute joke, and Aston Martin with its abandoned Lagonda EV, and its Valkyrie, and also McLaren and its 10 year old MP4-12C with the ancient Nissan engine/'world-beating £250k 720s', look also complete jokes.

What a day for Lotus/Geely, and an awful day for JLR, McLaren and Aston Martin.

Money talks. Li Shufu saved the cabbage patch operation of Lotus in Norfolk. His money did the same for Volvo/Polestar, and London Taxis International. Imagine what he could have done if he had bought JLR in 2008, just 2 years before the Volvo deal.

Instead, the Coventry-Bombay-London PR axis has become the opposite of what real automotive and tech success is.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Excellent work by a Dutchman. Shouldn't this whole thing - JLR not even communicating to its home/main markets, UK/US, even on its official excuses for selling a fraudulent product - be a major news item, in the likes of Electrek, InsideEVs, Jalopnik etc?

They're too busy dancing jigs over a man with a flamethrower being seen running away from a Florida garage - relax, I'm sure the syrup of fig guy wouldn't be stupid enough to do it himself.

The Jaguar letter is full of petty or even false excuses - when is Jaguar going to step up admit they got things wrong - promised things they can't deliver and really start fixing things or compensate their customers.
• To be able to start 100 kW charging, the battery must be 25 degrees Celsius (which is impossible without pre-heating with an AC charger).

So Jaguar promised something they already knew was impossible - very smart!
• Both driving and charging have been tested at 25 degrees (because the WLTP test is also done at 25 degrees).
Odd - their own range calculator shows the claimed WLTP range at 20 degrees in city. Also official WLTP rules state it must be done at 23 degrees.
• The Jaguar I-PACE can only heat the battery or only the interior. Both are therefore not possible at the same time (during development there was only a maximum of 50 kW, so heating the battery was not necessary at the time).
FALSE - during development Tesla could already charge faster and the first Ionity station construction started December 2017 and their plans were announced well before then. It is just another example that Jaguar engineers had no clue at all when it comes to battery, charging and efficiency of electric car.
Also some other brands developed software already to pre-heat the battery while driving towards a charging station.
• Charging makes the battery warmer, but the software is not yet able to increase the charging capacity. If charging starts at 100 kW, the car can continue to charge 100 kW.

FALSE - charging at 100kW barely ever last longer than 2-3 minutes. The car is on the market 18 months - that is a very long period to adjust/correct/improve the software.
• The Jaguar battery guarantee agreed with LG has to do with relegation and is based on State Of Health (SOH). Not all brands have this.
What good is this to us - this just protects Jaguar from claims. Jaguar promised 0-80% in 40 minutes and so they should deliver. Also what good is our warranty if only activated if SoH is below 70%.
Most expensive luxury brands offer better efficiency and faster charging and Tesla batteries have proven to last a long time with minimal degradation.
• A number of other brands have maximized the number of charging sessions of> 100 kW. After that the power will go down. That is not the case with Jaguar.
• There are also brands that view all data of the car and remotely adjust the load capacity of the car, for example from 100 kW to 50 kW if this is necessary to protect the battery. This does not happen with Jaguar.

Those brands deliver >100kW charging - Jaguar does not so what good is it for us that it is unlimited. Fairly sure Audi, Porsche and Mercedes also don't limit >100kW charging and they do deliver above 100kW charging speed for more than 2 minutes. Yes Tesla limits >100kW fast charging but you have to charge Supercharge 10,000-20,000kW before you reach that limit - very few will reach that and even then you still get 95kW charging.
https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3272&start=10

They, JLR/JLR's lawyers/legal representation, are doing this in Holland, because the Dutch have some balls, unlike the eunuch Brits, with the Dutch/Dutch press at least discussing the fraud that is the I-Pace, and so the shyster lawyers having to respond, fearing a multi-€billion in damages class action suit, for selling thousands of a fraudulent product in Holland, which of course would then set a precedent worldwide, for all the other duped idiots who bought into JLR's, the UK and US media's, and UK state's lies.

Same as anything in life, unless you stand up for yourself, you'll be treated like dirt forever.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Escalating - even I-Pace buyers not swallowing JLR's/JLR's legal advisors' half-cocked attempt to shut down 'The Dutch Uprising':

https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3272&start=10

Silly twunts forgot the first and only rule of PR - shysterdom: ADMIT NOTHING, EVER.

The 'explanation' has only opened a can of worms, enraging tech/geeky owner people with this half tech/half shyster lawyer abortion of a corporate excuse.

'Goshdarnit'/'Captain.Plummet'/new handle needs to nip this in the bud sharpish, with JLR shills' usual patronising/bullying, 'how dare you criticise The Gamechanger, peasant/moron/German manufacturer-paid troll'.

PS: talk of the devil:

'Goshdarnit'/Captain.Plummet' - now 'Abu Dhabi Dude? Patronising/'back in your pen, sheep', attitude/script fits:

Not sure I would say that taking 10 minutes less to charge makes it a better EV. Depends on your priorities I suppose but for me that’s just not a deal breaker. I include other things in the equation, but everyone has different priorities. However, it is generally best to avoid sweeping catch-all statements as you risk looking like you are trying to impose your personal opinion and your priorities on everyone.
- naughty I-Pace owner - complaining that you've been sold a €100k pile of crap, that does nothing as advertised/stated by UK's DfT - 'How dare You!'

Is JLR employing Greta now?

PPS: yep, we've found 'Goshdarnit'/Captain.Plummet''s new handle - 'Abu Dhabi Dude':

Audi are most definitely not “building better EVs”. Nor are Mercedes or BMW. You could certainly argue that Tesla are building better EVs but they are certainly not building better cars.
- case closed, then. All back to sleep, sheep.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
How strange. No one can get within a country mile, or 60 miles, of the US govt's 'official' Taycan range:

To save you further suspense, here are our city, highway, and combined ranges for the 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S:

• Normal mode (one loop): 240/274/254 city/highway/combined miles
  • Range mode (two loops): 243/269/254 city/highway/combined miles
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-porsche-taycan-turbo-s-instrumented-range-test/

- and that test was done with the equivalent of 2.7 European adults(68 kg) on board.

The Taycan Turbo/Turbo S is a 270/280 miles car in normal driving all day long, and the 4S 300 miles or so.

The US regime, like the UK regime, is desperate to protect itself, and its looting of taxpayer money by its members and insiders, like Musk, so both criminally conspire to destroy the much better global competition, with the 'Law', which every little person has been browbeaten to respect and not question, and officialdom similarly.

The criminals who award 200 miles to the Taycan, and almost 400 to a Tesla, and 300 miles to the I-Pace, and threaten VW managers with jail for Dieselgate, while passing the I-Pace for its multitude of safety critical recalls, know they themselves are not going to jail, as they are the 'Law', with the whole system in each country being on side.

That's why they're so arrogant. And that's why you have at the top in each country the lowest scum of the human race, as only the lowest talented, most mediocre would be attracted to being very rich without any effort, and through such despicable means.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
The I-Pace is 3 years old now, having been shown as a 'concept' in Nov. 2016, and it's as stale as 3 year old bread.

The mooted 'hot', SVR or whatever version, never happened.

Its performance, as 'Thee Sporty Premium EV SUV', is behind that of the 2.5 tonne EQC.

What happened to the talk of '110 kWh battery and higher power motors from the eXJ for the I-Pace'?

Real makers deliver on promises, trailed products, so we have the 'S' etron on deck very soon, as promised and trailed:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/first-drive-2020-audi-e-tron-s-sportback-prototype

The I-Pace has been absolutely overtaken and left for dead in the gutter, not just by the more expensive Taycan, but also the very similar, but cheaper and faster Ford Mustang Mach-e, and now the 'S' etron, and the significantly faster EQC already, not to mention the faster and cheaper Model 3.

What is the point of 'thee most sporty premium SUV EV', when it's the slowest of them all, and far from being the sportiest, with the half a tonne lighter Model 3, certain be more agile Mustang Mach-e, or the new torque-vectoring etron S?

There was no follow-on product plan at JLR for the I-Pace, which is now obvious, over 3 years on from 'dazzling the world' at the 2016 LA motor show.

The plan by Speth and a few of his insider directors, was to fling the garbage I-Pace out onto the market, get it WCotY, ECotY... by the vermin media, perhaps follow it up within 18 months with the 'New XJ', the vaunted 'eXJ', a booted, lowered I-Pace, and get JLR sold to some idiot by end of 2018 at the latest - hence the massive push to bounce PSA or then BMW into buying it.

There was no follow up plan for the I-Pace, as it was just the shop window for JLR's sale.

The media, Haymarket obviously, were in on this, 'The Plan' - get JLR sold by end of 2018 - which explains the insane - now making sense - showering of awards on JLR by the 'global' media - UK and US - since 2016 particularly, starting with the WCotY F-Pace, and then award after award, crescendoing with the I-Pace - the most awarded car/thing ever.

All makes sense now. It was The Plan by JLR, JLR PR and the Media, plus of course the full blessing of the UK state, hence Plod being brought in to do the 'Jaguar Engine Heist' in 2017, to raise Jaguar's worldwide profile, to show what a gem of a company it was, and the world would be rushing to buy it, once it became known that Tata might consider a sale, all capped off with the stunning success of the I-Pace - 'received rapturously'(J.Holder, Haymarket employee) by an adoring world.

You'd be mad not to rush to be one of the countless bidders for such a prize, JLR.

That was the plan.

18 months on from The Plan falling apart - PSA/the Peugeot family/Robert Peugeot refusing to be taken as a fool - and the Quandts sacking the numpty CEO Krueger, who was allowing Tata and Speth to make a monkey of BMW, the I-Pace is high and dry, of no point, its sole point of getting JLR sold, gone.

So, the I-Pace is now surrounded and being chopped to pieces, like General Custer and the Battle of the Little Big Horn.

Its fate is more embarrassing and acute than the XF's, but no different, in that both have been abandoned and left to die by JLR management.

JLR is the story that keeps on giving, almost each day something remarkable and amazing, if not 'are they really doing this?' jaw-dropping, but of course not a single word of any of this in the media, or questions, inquiries by our 'great and good', to find out where all the UK taxpayer money over the last 12 years went to, and why Plod has been looking the other way, or actively aiding and abetting foreign and domestic criminals to steal huge amounts of UK public money.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Place your bets. Who's the King of the Electrons? Deontay "The Loon" Musk or Tyson "Techmeister" Porsche? (available from 5pm GMT)

UK's undisputed world champion, Anthony "The Gamechanger" Speth, was reported to be watching from behind the settee.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
0-100 km/h 2.7s, 0-200 km/h 9.7s is seriously fast - faster than the American rags, Drag Times have recorded it. Perhaps electrons flow slower in America. Time for another fire?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
The car obviously had no serious aero work, if any, just a whacky design to catch the eye, and so doors are sucked out at any decent speed, which would have been found in wind tunnel work.

A slushy winter journey has revealed just how bad the door seals are on our cars: awful. I just did a 1500km trip through heavy snow and slush and got the car so dirty you couldn't tell what colour it was. After washing the inside panels of the door were still filthy, not just dirty but completely coated. This correlates with those who have had sand come in their back doors. In my case it was all 4 doors.

I also think this could be one of the reasons that the cabin air filter doesn't work very well: odours are coming in around the doors instead of thought the ventilation system.

If dirt and air are getting past the seals it also means that noise is too. Definitely room for improvement.
https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3295

Compare to the Taycan above at over 160 mph - rock solid, and no excessive noise.

The I-Pace/Gamechanger/WCotY/ECotY makes the 1976 ECotY Rover SD1, a legendary byword for how not to launch a key 'make-or-break' product, chucking out a car onto the market almost wholly undeveloped for commercial pressures, enabled by a spineless management, look like something that came out of Mercedes in the 1980s - rock solid, hewn of granite, pored over by anal German engineers for 6/7 years.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
You have to love all the comparisons between Porsche's newest and bestest vehicle, that is not yet delivered to customers and Tesla's first and aging model that has been delivered to customers since 2012!!!

That says it all. Porsche PR trying extra hard to say that their 2020 2x more expensive model is better than the 2012-launched Tesla "first-try" model. How ridiculous and funny!!!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Never mind Tesla, Porsche had better watch out:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/polestar-precept-sleek-saloon-previews-brands-future-design

- that's what a Model S from a real carmaker and not from 2008/9 would be.

Where is Model S II?

Taycan, etron GT, Merc EQS , BMW i4, all on deck or very soon about to be, and yet the trailed since 2017 'eXJ' is somehow missing, even though UK taxpayers gave JLR/Tata £500m to transform Castle Bromwich, and the Hams Hall battery factory, to make it.

Were we diddled again, by Mayhem, Whitehall, Speth, Andy Street, the whole British media? Surely not.

Geneva is next week, Coronavirus-willing, and everyone is splurging new EVs or 'concept' EVs, barely concealed from the production ones, like BMW's i4, and yet the most important of all, 'Gamechanger II', 'Gamechanger Next-Level', 'WCotY 2021', is apparently a no-show.

Shouldn't this be front page news in the auto rags and media - 'Where's the electric Big Cat we were promised/paid for?'.

Shouldn't Plod be looking into why Mayhem and Whitehall gave JLR/Tata £500m of public money for something that plainly hasn't happened, just as the £1 billion given for Ingenium plainly didn't go into making a world-class engine, rather diverted for funding to JLR's parent, Tata, via massive extracting dividends from a known bust company?

I bet Speth is praying Geneva is called off, so that he and the UK media don't have to orgasm over a optioned-up Defender as JLR's 'stunning', Geneva main reveal.

Geneva 2020 is JLR's, the media's, the UK state's Emperor New Clothes moment - like the emperor, JLR is revealed as bare, and ugly as Harvey Weinstein, when the media made it out to be a 35 year old Brad Pitt.

All the lies, all the promises, all the billions of public money since 2008 come to the square root of nothing, just some tarted up Disco5 with 'off-road cred', for a reasonble £85k.

Where's the eXJ? You've been trailing it since 2017, said(Autocar) it was due to be launched late 2018/early 2019, then said 2020 last year, then said '2020's JLR's year', with the eXJ defo in 2020, so where is it?

Is it like Spaffer, disappeared, gone awol? Is it like The Glorious Leader full of sh!t, and all made up, a massive PR/propaganda job, by the whole state and the media, to con the little people, who pay taxes?

Surely not.

Let's see what excuse they roll out next week for JLR's abysmal 'showing'/no-show at Geneva.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
The Germans do have an EV competitor, and its name is Geely - Polestar/Volvo.

Polestar is doing what Lotus(Evija) is doing - using Geely's real money to fuse latent, dormant decent engineering/engineers with the ability to do things at the cutting edge now - hence giving the Germans a real run for their money.

Read this rather good writeup on the Precept by Electrek, and not be impressed/blown away by what Polestar is doing:

https://electrek.co/2020/02/25/polestar-precept-pictures-electric-sedan/

- it's Lotus Evija amazing level stuff.

The car itself is genuinely stunning, but the tech, materials tech and thought is at least as impressive.

The use of flax I particularly like, which like hemp, is making an overdue welcome comeback - Henry Ford wanted his Model T to be made mainly from hemp.

The Swedes are again ploughing their own furrow, not aping the Germans.

Anyone and everyone can do carbon fibre, but it takes thought, a different view on life, the value of things, to do what they are doing.

Excellent stuff.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Reports of the etron's demise by a gleeful, desperate media - 'hapless etron hit by more woe' etc - sadly exaggerated - for The Gamechanger:

https://elbilstatistikk.no/

- month-to-date almost 10 times The Gamechanger's.

Selling a car with over £100k of engineering in it - see Fifth Gear's recent vid of it against the joke Model X - for the equivalent of around £50-55k, and real-world 'easy' range of 150-200 miles, the '50' model, tends to draw punters with a few more brain cells than the average, hence the near 10:1 ratio of etron to Gamechanger.

No matter, as even with JLR selling fewer genuine I-Paces than Spaffer has sober days, the share price of Tata Motors can miraculously bucked the market, as if it was a sacred cow for the Indian/UK regimes, especially with Trump in town for Modi - can't have India's national champion being revealed to be bust and worth the value of an Indian street t'urd, can we.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Germans caught cheating - again. They said the etron S would do 0-100 km/h in 4.5s - they lied:

Put that on dry tarmac, 25-30 deg C, and you're looking at 0-60 mph in 3.3-3.6s - about the same as a Model 3 Performance.

Also, up to a second and a half faster than The Gamechanger, whose real-world 0-60 mph is around 4.8-5.1s.

Also. so quiet up to the 100 mph shown in the test.

You spend €billions on engineering and development, with the best engineers, and that is what you get.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
But, but... , it's A Gamechanger, World Car of the Year, European, UK, German, Planet Zog Car of the Year, orgasmed over by the finest English motoring scribes, Messrs Cropley, (Andrew)English and Clarkson, to name but three giants of the craft, stunning and rapturously received, according to the world's oldest and most respected motoring publication, Autocar, so how can this be, especially after 18 months or more of continual in-field development, countless updates, gilding the lily so to speak?

OMG I wanted to like this car, but it has been a disaster. Laggy technology, idiots in the service department, slow charging, poor range, bad visibility, and the brakes...squeak, squeak, squeak...all called "normal" by Jaguar Tech service. Listen at www.jaguaripaceproblems.com to hear this unmitigated disaster. Dealer offered 50% of MSRP to buy the car back. Nobody wants this car on the secondary market.
https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3347

- no doubt 'guerilla marketing', dirty tricks by the desperate Germans, reeling from the sales success of the I-Pace, resorting to lowest of the low means, paid shills, infesting the internet, with their wicked lies.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
ID.3, ID.4, Seat el-Born, and now Skoda's ID.4 version, the Enyaq:

- looks like a cross between an I-Pace and a DSport, but will have the internal space of the latter, be half the price of the former, and weigh less than a DSport.

That car has bullseye written all over it - not too long, around 4.4-4.5m, oodles of interior space, genuine 300 miles range, VAG quality, and priced for 80% of people to afford - around £35k - and it looks okay.

The I-Pace was a one-shot - done just to get JLR helped to be sold. 3 years on, it's in stasis, going backwards at a rate of knots against the now flood of better, cheaper, leapfrogging each other almost by the day competition, making the I-Pace look by the hour more and more an embarrassed, embarrassing fish out of water, not unlike a DeLorean - another car done obviously for ulterior motive, with no view to a future or progression.

Maybe in ten years time Hollywood will do a Back to the Future X with the I-Pace in it.

2181 - 2200 of 2234 Posts