XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're after owners of the new 3.0D and 3.0DS XFs so we can investigate if there are any differences between the engines and understand what's possible from a re-map point of view.

We suspect the engines will be the same but the software will be different (this is what VW/Audi do with their various power output options of the same 1.8T engine).

If this is the case then hopefully we can develop 2 maps, one that turns the 3.0D 240bhp variant into a 275bhp S and a second that ups the power of both. DMS already do a development for the BMW 535d which takes it from 274bhp to 335bhp, hopefully similar things are possible with Jag's new 3.0D.

If anyone is interested then get in touch by e-mail at [email protected] or by PM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello guys/gals, I am new here and as my "handle" would sugest I have been driving BMW's, however, I am more than interested in the XF 3.0 D "S" model with 271BHP.
I hope the boot will be big enough for the golf gear; Power trolly and bag!!, and goes anyone know if the rear seats will fold down please?. :?:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum johnbmwx6 :)
I think SpiresST wants 3.0D and 3.0DS owners for a reason other than to sell them a complete package, just to work their magic and exploit the potential of the new 3.0 Litres :)
However, I am sure they won't mind me hijacking their topic for the purpose of welcoming you to the forum and trying to answer your question.
I am no longer a golfer so I can't say if your trolley etc will fit in the boot of an XF. I am more likely in the future to be more interested in what smudge demonstrated he fits in his.
Seat does fold down and as for capacity, have a look at this :lol:

http://xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=810

·
Registered
281 Posts
johnbmwx6 said:
Hello guys/gals, I am new here and as my "handle" would sugest I have been driving BMW's, however, I am more than interested in the XF 3.0 D "S" model with 271BHP.
I hope the boot will be big enough for the golf gear; Power trolly and bag!!, and goes anyone know if the rear seats will fold down please?. :?:
It had better be, otherwise I'm in trouble!! Will let you know once I've got the car

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey there,
The boot is more than big enough for all the golf gear you mentioned as my car swallows mine :D

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Small addition just to make things more clear. First step will simply be to plug into the car to see if we can communicate with the ECU, then upload what's in the ECU, nothing else. This means we can understand what the differences are. Car won't be at any risk and the map won't be changed to start with.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
SpiresST said:
Small addition just to make things more clear. First step will simply be to plug into the car to see if we can communicate with the ECU, then upload what's in the ECU, nothing else. This means we can understand what the differences are. Car won't be at any risk and the map won't be changed to start with.
It might be worthwhile saying where you are or where you would carry out this operation. Also, how long would it take :?:

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pekem said:
SpiresST said:
It might be worthwhile saying where you are or where you would carry out this operation. Also, how long would it take :?:
Er, can't be doing with simple logic like that...

In Southampton and will take about 20 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts