XF Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am going to Castle Bromwich tomorrow (thurs) :D to see how these cars (XF's especially) are made (also includes XK line). Won't get the full tour as part of the XF line is strictly out of bounds due to presence of new XJ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Dieter,

I was there a month ago and can say that it's a good half-day out (couple of hours or so). Jaguar is very cagey about the new XJ so you might be a bit limited. When I was there the XK tour was a separate visit and I was told there was not as much to see. But you'll enjoy seeing all the XF colours, order destinations etc. Even my wife enjoyed it!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Dieter Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to enter in to the production area of the new XJ and photograph a completed model from three different angles, front, side and rear. To make your way to a secure place and post the images here by 10pm Thursday.
This forum will disavow any knowledge of your actions in the event that you or any of your mates get caught or killed.
Good luck Dieter.

This message may be deleted :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting plan Pekem!!
When I was there a strict rule on photography. They would throw you out I'm sure if you did try

S

·
0 Posts
Enjoy the day :) I went when they where producing the pre production XFs in Dec 2007.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was lucky enough to be invited to a customer clinic in November 2006, where Jaguar were showing the new XJ along with rivals from Mercedes Audi etc (the whole process lasted most of a day and was carried out under strict security).
If the production car looks the same as we were shown, IMO this will be the best looking Jaguar simply ever!!! From every angle it was stunning and moves Jaguar styling on as much again as the XF from the S-Type. In some ways it remninded me of the 4 door Aston Martin Rapide, but with Jaguar styling added, whilst the rear of the car was completly different from the current Jaguar family look. The cabin styling was also a good deal different from what we have seen so far, with some very unique features but I am not sure if they will be seen on the production car.
At the time the impression I got from the questions being asked and the car itself, would be that the new XJ would be much more expensive than the current car and would be aiming at the higher end of the luxury sector such as the Maserati Quatroporte and possibly even Bentley. It certainly had the looks to rival such exhalted company.

Regards
Keith

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can anyone tell me how trips around Castle Bromwich are arranged?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Andy,

Guy Salmon in Northampton arranged mine - on the phone whilst I was in the showroom.

·
Registered
125 Posts
IndigoIvory - Who was your sales guy? The service there is spot on! I picked my car 1 week ago....

·
Registered
52 Posts
The GS salesperson in N'ton was Martin Burrows. This is my third Jaguar (previously I had two S-Types) and I can't speak too highly of the team there and the service. Say you spoke to Geoff.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

Trip round factory was excellent...it took a couple of hours and covered XF shell build and XK post shell fittings i.e. interior/engine etc. etc.

As I mentioned before didn't get to see full build for XF cos of common use/presence of (some of) facilities for XJ as security was absolute and Tom Cruise I'm not :eek:

The factory staff all seem cheerful and committed and quality control (both computer and human) was spot on...it is obvious that Jaguar employees get a 'buzz' from the positive vibes relating to XF etc.

As for visits email [email protected]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I'd like to go one day.

I went to the Audi A4 Avant preview in Germany last year and Audi's security destroyed camera phones in front of their owners if anyone attempted to get a sneaky photo. :shock:

·
Registered
66 Posts
DieterXF said:
Hi,

Trip round factory was excellent...it took a couple of hours and covered XF shell build and XK post shell fittings i.e. interior/engine etc. etc.

As I mentioned before didn't get to see full build for XF cos of common use/presence of (some of) facilities for XJ as security was absolute and Tom Cruise I'm not :eek:

The factory staff all seem cheerful and committed and quality control (both computer and human) was spot on...it is obvious that Jaguar employees get a 'buzz' from the positive vibes relating to XF etc.

As for visits email [email protected]

I've just booked my trip for the middle of July and as well as seeing the whole XF facilty I hope to see my actual car as well :cool: :cool: :cool:

Can't wait !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts