XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Its just a quick question.

Walnut Burl or Rich Oak?

Rick oak looks stylish and classy, Whilst Walnut Burl looks nice, Shiny and interesting.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Welcome to you also JoeyLock :)
So what are you saying; you are going to buy an XF but can't make up your mind about the finish :?:
Many will want to know which model and exterior colour you are considering, but me, I am from the old school and would say go with the Walnut everytime :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I went for the Burl as it seemed the most classic with Jag and IMO the grain is a lot more interesting than the others :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
zx10ben said:
t2dav said:
mine came with the figured ebony which looks lovely
Figured ebony? What is that? :shock:
It's the standard Veneer on the Portfolio. It looks lovely and I know there are some good pics of it from penultimateblack, who has posted pics of his car. It doesn't show up to well on the pics I posted of my car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pekem said:
Welcome to you also JoeyLock :)
So what are you saying; you are going to buy an XF but can't make up your mind about the finish :?:
Many will want to know which model and exterior colour you are considering, but me, I am from the old school and would say go with the Walnut everytime :)
Well it might seem weird but Im to young and not rich enough to get one...Only 15, But!

Im not Immature, Hopefully I could get a XF when im older, They would proberbly be cheaper...Shame is that Jaguar would proberbly bring out so more cars, Ecpecially other companies. Cause the only way I can afford a £28k car is if I get a full time big job.
But I was thinking, It may seem stupid, But stay in the "Annex" connected to my house, Till I get enough to buy a apartment but I also wanted to get a good car.

My fantasies have ranged from a Chrysler 300c, to a Hummer H2. But I never, however I most proberbly will, Have to get a rubbish little Hatchback...I would love a sedan. I mean my dad brought his Renault Espace for 15k, and people say thats lots. I wouldnt mind a Mini...
Anywho, Thats my life, And why I was asking a question, I hope you dont think anything less of me now. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Joey,
Nothing wrong with dreams and setting yourself some goals in life. Good luck and I hope you are able to enjoy a Jag one day.
Andy

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've got the ivory interior and upgraded the wood to the rich oak, which I think goes very well with it.

All a matter of opinion though... :)

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
JoeyLock said:
ll it might seem weird but Im to young and not rich enough to get one...Only 15, But!
Im not Immature, Hopefully I could get a XF when im older, They would proberbly be cheaper...Shame is that Jaguar would proberbly bring out so more cars, Ecpecially other companies. Cause the only way I can afford a £28k car is if I get a full time big job.
But I was thinking, It may seem stupid, But stay in the "Annex" connected to my house, Till I get enough to buy a apartment but I also wanted to get a good car.

My fantasies have ranged from a Chrysler 300c, to a Hummer H2. But I never, however I most proberbly will, Have to get a rubbish little Hatchback...I would love a sedan. I mean my dad brought his Renault Espace for 15k, and people say thats lots. I wouldnt mind a Mini...
Anywho, Thats my life, And why I was asking a question, I hope you dont think anything less of me now. :mrgreen:
As I said before JoeyLock , you are welcome. :)
In fact it is good to learn that you are excited by the XF.
Jaguar stated when they launched the XF that they needed to appeal to a younger market and I think that they will be delighted to note that you, at the age of fifteen, are a fan; even if by the time you will able to afford one they will have moved on. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pekem said:
JoeyLock said:
ll it might seem weird but Im to young and not rich enough to get one...Only 15, But!

As I said before JoeyLock , you are welcome. :)
In fact it is good to learn that you are excited by the XF.
Jaguar stated when they launched the XF that they needed to appeal to a younger market and I think that they will be delighted to note that you, at the age of fifteen, are a fan; even if by the time you will able to afford one they will have moved on. :)
Well, Im hoping that I could get a good job, Rather than the jobs "Chavs" expect to get with F's and U's, Ive gotten 2 C's already, for my Moc Exams, Havent gotten the others back yet. But if I can get good marks, I can eventually, Get a good job = Jaguar XF, Booyah!
S-type began in 1999, And there now around 4k to buy, Which means the XF will lower in price for Used. Hopefully. :)
I hate how people (Namely Clarkson and my Friend Tom) say Jaguars are boring a Posh, I think there awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts