1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
This IS Jaguar build quality!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The top picture looks like a retaining clip has come adrift.But with the lower one there is an issue with the rubber as it locates into lifting strut of bonnet when its closed.It sticks to the sturt causing it to be pulled away from its mounting when opened,Dealer should know about it and they can be changed under warranty.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had the identical thing happen to me yesterday as in picture 2 ... i pressume this is not detremental as i dont fancy making a special trip just for this item.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is on the same side as in the picture (windshield washing liquid intake side)?

It may be related to that, my theory is that the occasional washing liquid spills somehow interact with the adhesive. Freezing cold may also have something to do with it. Maybe yes, maybe not, it's probably not that important, I just don't like cars with parts coming apart, as a principle :)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
flanker said:
It is on the same side as in the picture (windshield washing liquid intake side)?

It may be related to that, my theory is that the occasional washing liquid spills somehow interact with the adhesive. Freezing cold may also have something to do with it. Maybe yes, maybe not, it's probably not that important, I just don't like cars with parts coming apart, as a principle :)
I presume that you had it replaced under warranty when the car was in recently; if not it should have been. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts