XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that, when traveling in France, the DVD should be changed to the French one.

Is this so?

Incidentally, where is the SatNav DVD reader in the car?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have driven my XF many times in France and have found the sat nav to work fine. There is no need to change the disc, just select the country when inserting a destination.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hutton is right. You might also like to think about getting the device that lets you virtually nonstop through the Telepeage lanes at the autoroute tolls, avoiding the vast queues at busy times, and getting the tolls charged direct to your credit/debit card.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Google Sanef - that'll take you there. We used one for the first time this year, and certainly won't be without it again. It doesn't save you any money - but then you're in £40 grand's worth of car! - but the improvement in speed and convenience is enormous.

Feel free to message me if you get stuck!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The UK DVD covers UK and France. You only need to install the DVD covering France and Germany if you are travelling further east . It only takes a couple of minutes to swop them over.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sanef can be found here. http://www.sanef.com/fr/.

You can fill the forms in online and they are very effecient at sending you your 'device.' They take a deposit of Euro 30. The whole process of signing up and getting the kit takes about 10 days.

To be 'automatic' through the telepeage tolls you will need to be in the car the device is registered to. If you are in another car you can hand the device to a manual operator and they will add the toll to your account. As previously mentioned, the tolls are not discounted and appear on your credit card as you incur the charges.

It is particularly useful if you are in your right hand drive car alone as it means you do not have to get out to pay. I found the XF to be just too big to lean across to pay through the passenger window.

Your Sanef device works throughout France even if your are on another company's roads.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Foxtrot said:
Sanef can be found here. http://www.sanef.com/fr/.

To be 'automatic' through the telepeage tolls you will need to be in the car the device is registered to. If you are in another car you can hand the device to a manual operator and they will add the toll to your account.
I didn't inform Sanef when I switched from an XKR to my first XF in March 2008 and to my current XF a year later. The device has worked perfectly at all times. However, you must inform them when you replace the registered credit card.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Going to try mine out in France tomorrow for the first time - managed to set destination without changing DVD so I guess the UK one will do for my trip?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts