XF Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have looked at many forums and it appears that updates through a USB stick can be a bit flaky. I purchased a 2020 map download from SatNavishop which I unzipped onto a new good quality 64gb stick. Inserted it. It recognised the stick and asked for the activation code which I gave it. I expected to leave it running for about 2:30 hours but after a while I got a message saying the update had failed.

Since then I have been stuck with the screen showing Updating 0%. It has never got past 0%

Any ideas who I can get out of this predicament. Ideally I want to update but failing that I want to cancel the attempted update so I can use the satnav and phone again.
Thanks

·
Registered
XF 3.0 V6 diesel. Black, Ivory upholstery MY 2013
5 Posts
I would have expected the supplier to be your first port of call?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All sorted

I bought a brand new good quality SanDisk stick formatted it FAT32 filesystem

It worked fine first time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, Jattwood. I'm about to enter the same death loop of trying to update the satnav on an XF2014. Daft question, perhaps, but where did you insert the data stick. Is it the same slot in the cubby-hole between the front seats where I plug in my i-pod?
Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that's it.
Glad you got it sorted, Jattwood. I'm about to enter the same death loop of trying to update the satnav on an XF2014. Daft question, perhaps, but where did you insert the data stick. Is it the same slot in the cubby-hole between the front seats where I plug in my i-pod?
Bill
Just insert it and start the engine. Once the stuck is detected it will prompt you on screen for the activation code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes that's it.

Just insert it and start the engine. Once the stuck is detected it will prompt you on screen for the activation code.
Thanks, Jattwood. I've sent pics of the sat nav unit to SatNavishop to make sure I get the right update. Looks like it will cost £90, but that's half what Jaguar would charge! I have a 64gb SanDisk at the ready, which I assume from your post will be sufficient. Wish me luck ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts