XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the USB and Ipod connection a standard fit on the 4.2 V8 Premium luxury? or is it an added extra. My dealer says that it only comes standard on the SV8.

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Jules said:
Is the USB and Ipod connection a standard fit on the 4.2 V8 Premium luxury? or is it an added extra. My dealer says that it only comes standard on the SV8.
Are you able to look at a brochure, on line perhaps, and find the answer. I do not know because we do not see your model here very often and the spec may well be different where you are. I needed to add the audio package to my PL in order to get the iPhone connection cable etc.

·
Registered
618 Posts
varies from market to market jules. I think in the US it is standard on all models but it isnt in the UK or Europe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was under the impression that it was standard here, but the dealer says no. It was on the car that I test drove. I'm told it's a factory fit item which is too awkward to retrofit later. Is this true?

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Jules said:
Thanks, I was under the impression that it was standard here, but the dealer says no. It was on the car that I test drove. I'm told it's a factory fit item which is too awkward to retrofit later. Is this true?
I am afraid that it is not possible to retrofit. :(

·
Registered
618 Posts
pekem said:
Jules said:
I am afraid that it is not possible to retofit. :(
who told you that? virtually anything can be retro fitted if you are willing to put in the money and effort

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
craig said:
pekem said:
Jules said:
I am afraid that it is not possible to retofit. :(
who told you that? virtually anything can be retro fitted if you are willing to put in the money and effort
Very well :)
I am afraid that it is not possible to retrofit in the average Jaguar Dealership. ;) Presently, I suspect judging from my own experience, most do not know how to solve many problems without escalating the issue to the technical department. :(

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thats right Pekem, the issue is that dealers dont want to do it because they havent done it before and they will say no but the dealer saying no doesnt mean it cant be done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Trouble is, out here, I'm not sure I would trust anyone else with the car except the dealer when it comes to taking the interior apart. Believe me, local garages are nothing like the UK, and when it comes to complaining, forget it... There is zero consumer protection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts