XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2.7d xf yesterday - as stunning as expected and am still grinning!

Big plus is I ordered the luxury model and appear to have a heated front windscreen fiitted. I didn't expect this as I didn't order it and thought it was part of the premium spec. Has anyone else experienced this?

Downside is I don't seem to be able to get the entry and exit mode for the steering wheel tilt to work. Does anyone know how to make this work? There also seems to be some marks on the wood trim, looks a little like marks from some type of sticker so will see if they clean off, any suggestions on the best way to do this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: unexpected headed fron windscreen!

just noticed the spelling mistakes! apologies, will be more careful next time. I guess I am too excited!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Jammy git! I ordered the heated windscreen and it was left off the order :x

As for your steering wheel, set the position you want with the ignition on and the door shut, then twist the switch so that its on "auto" it should now adjust when you open and shut the door ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

looks like i was lucky with the windscreen, maybe I have yours! Will try as you suggest on the steering wheel. Must be said, the manual does not make life easy or simple!

Life is even better as 3rd child was born on Tuesday, so have 2 babies and 2 weeks off work to enjoy them!

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts

Welcome to the forum zikomo :)
Congratulations to you all; new baby, new car, free heated windscreen, what's next :?:
It would be good if you would complete your profile section and indicate your location etc.
Also, I think that since you are laying around home for a week or two you could take a few pictures of car, baby, whatever and post it here. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks! Will post some pics and update profile. I suspect I will be using the forum over the next while for tips and advice, so might as well let people see who I am.

On the kid front, as I now have 3 I need to establish the best way of fitting them all in. I have a 4 year old, 2 year old and the new baby. I can manage to get all 3 car seats in, just, with safe and secure fitting. I am off to look at other seats today, though, to try and find a better more convinient combination. Does anyone have any advice on this?

BTW - very pleased with my choice of vapor grey wth charcoal interior, it feels very modern and chic. Had not seen this combination before ordering so had a niggling worry, but definitely the right choice as far as I am concerned.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts

zikomo said:
just noticed the spelling mistakes! apologies, will be more careful next time. I guess I am too excited!
We do have an Edit feature, top right of message, which will allow corrections :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scotland. Surrounded by the most amazing scenery and some of the world's best drivers roads, strongly recomended!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes, glorious country.

Please raise a finger to Brian Souter next time you see him. Two fingers it its his sister!

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
zikomo said:
now now.....no need for that. You are very well informed though! :lol:
We are better informed about Ann Gloag, OBE than you might imagine :!:

On a much happier note; I was impressed with your City's street sculpture. What is needed now though is a picture of your car posted at the link below. If you have a wide angle lens you could get the picture I wasn't able to, because of the weather, of your car parked along side the Meikleour Beech Hedge. It must be coming up to one of the best times of the year for the colours :)

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=270

1 - 13 of 13 Posts