XF Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's 1 a.m. The sea's just got rougher. A steward is shaking me awake. "Your car alarm's just gone off sir. Please come and switch it off."
So, in pyjamas and dressing gown I head down to the car deck. It's freezing. I'd no idea what to do. Find the handbook. Rake through the 90% of useless guff and - ah- there it is - fairly straightforward but what a noise in the confined space. And I wasn't the only one. Two other guys having even less luck with theirs.

Sealink's North Sea concerto for three uncoordinated horns!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Before you rush to take your tranquilliser pills, Edgar, it would be wise not to panic because if you read the previous thread input details from Fencer very carefully, you will see that he was able to deactivate the alarm tilt function which I'm quite sure you, on the contrary do not have on your Continental XF.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I'm curious regarding the outcome of this problem, Edgar! Can you inform us what happened in the end?

·
Registered
442 Posts
A bit late to this but I have a PL 2010MY and a single press of the button will lock the car and set the alarm but not activate the tilt alarm. Worked fine for me when I went to France on the ferry a couple of years ago.

As to disarming the alarm when it is going off I normally just unlock the car with the remote or just open the door as I have keyless entry. Both methods seem to silence it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm curious regarding the outcome of this problem, Edgar! Can you inform us what happened in the end?
Hi Peter, sorry for the delay in replying but I have only just got back from England. Still awaiting a reply on the vehicle spec' from The Jaguar "Global Team" but having carried out some tests, it would appear that my XF has neither a tilt alarm nor motion sensors fitted. I sat the other half in the car and both single & double locked the car. She started to jump about - nothing! Also tried same with the tilt alarm, three people rocking the car - again nothing. On the ferry trip yesterday, single locked the car and no irate Brittany Ferry employee came and grabbed me in the middle of the night because the alarm had gone off! So subject to the "Global Team" advising me otherwise I appear to have only a perimeter alarm fitted with single or double locking. I must say it would have been nice to have been able to find out what was fitted to my ( not cheap ) car without having to resort to the aforementioned experiments!;)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Jolly good, and a relief, no doubt!!!
Now I can also sleep soundly again at night!

·
Registered
1 Posts
it is strange that you are not seeing this option, that is where it should be in the menu.

just leave it unlocked, there is zero chance of your car being stolen during the voyage obviously, but no-one is going to enter it either, the only people on the car deck will be crew, and the car deck will be covered by cctv.
even if you leave it unlocked the alarm will still go off if the batteries are no good

21 - 28 of 28 Posts