XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the TPM system on my XF. Is there anything I need to know before running over a nail?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Presumably there is no issue with getting tyres fitted - where they usually replace rubber valves?

The reason that I am anticipating problems is that I seem to have a predisposition for running over nails and, having had low profiles in the past, must have gone through a lot of tyres in the last few years.

·
Registered
618 Posts
the valve and monitor unit are one piece. If you need a puncture repair it can be done no problem. If you need a tyre replaced it can be done no problem. BUT, be warned be very gentle when inflating your tyres as one of my valves recently snapped and a replacement from Jaguar is over 100 notes. There is a tech bulletin out about defective TPMS valves apparently and I am fighting with my dealer at the moment

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Craig,

Thanks for the tip. Do you wait until you get a warning before checking tyres, or are you one of these people who does it every week? (I must admit that I tend to go by their appearance.)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I dont check them weekly but I do regularly and dont wait for the warning. I know the sensors work as it recognised a nail in the front tyre once.

The issue for me with TPMS is that all other systems i have had in other cars tell you what the pressure is in each wheel so you know where to top up. The Jaguar system just tells you when a tyre is below 24psi which in reality you can see visually anyway! I wouldnt have got the option had i known that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quite agree with you. Mine came with TPM otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts