XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a road trip for a few days.

This afternoon, I got a warning about tp system failure, and now I have red alert with "Tyre pressure not being monitored" on left rear. Tyre is fine, must be sensor problem. Can I reset until getting home as it won't go away and interchanges with normal display?

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not seen this myself.
I assume this is like other system warnings, whereby on your main screen in the dash you get a little red warning triangle at the bottom.
If you press the icon it should bring up a window with an option to clear the message.
I guess you'll still have a warning triangle in your display behind the steering wheel, but it should bring back the clock.

·
Registered
618 Posts
^ yes you can take away the warning by touching the red triangle on the cenre display. Sounds to me like a sensor problem. I have only ever had that warning on mine while the spare has been on and the sensor isnt attached.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My TPMS system has been telling me that, at various times, all tyres have a problem. Dealer thought a software update would cure this. Update done but, as the fault could not be reproduced while the car was being examined, it was impossible to know whether the problem had been solved. I was told that, if it did recur, I would be expected to pay for the next bout of remedial treatment. This struck me as a somewhat unreasonable deal, a view not shared by the service advisor. Happily the Head of Business (apparently the new title replacing Dealer Principal) did not agree with the advisor. Watch this space. The cost was £64. So far, about 20 miles, all ok.

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
I'm on a road trip for a few days.

This afternoon, I got a warning about tp system failure, and now I have red alert with "Tyre pressure not being monitored" on left rear. Tyre is fine, must be sensor problem. Can I reset until getting home as it won't go away and interchanges with normal display?

Thanks
you may be able to clear the warning each time you restart the car, as described. Depends on the type of fault. Sometimes the fault is a repeating fault which means you cannot clear it for very long.

Two probable causes for one wheel failure: valve stem sensor battery has gone flat. These are designed for about a five year service life as that's about how long it is safe to use a tire before it gets too old. More likely, especially if the TPMS valve stem is five years old or less, is the receiving antennae has become dislodged at that wheel location.

An easy diagnostic, if tedious, would be to swap the suspect wheel to a different location on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts