XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is begining to annoy me again the touchscreen is not working by that I mean all I have on the screen is the Jaguar logo nothing else, tried restarting (many times) no good, how do you reboot this car, disconnect the battery I suppose.

gary

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Yes Gary, you will need to disconnect the battery.
I solved the problem of a dim screen by changing the screen auto dim option. Can't remember exactly how it was done now but I think that it is available via the Sat Nav screen options. I adjusted the brightness and contrast settings and,touch wood, have not been troubled since :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had this situation a couple of times some months ago when the screen was totally dead. first time no joy after starting the car several times ...finally burst into life after driving approx 10 miles, stopped & started the car. second time no success & had to return to dealers for a re boot... good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi gary
There is now a software download for this issue where the touch screen just gives a black screen or is stuck on the leaper screen.Be warned that it takes 2 1/2 hrs to complete .Hope this helps

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks lads the screen is back now, with my low mileage I am putting it down to the battery being a bit low. Next question is what is the best way to charge the battery, anyone used one of these solar chargers you can hook into the cig lighter. Mon cars need a bit more care than the old days so I am lead to believe.

gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts