XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a top tip for everyone.

I have a habit if putting immeadiately required coins for car parks/toll booths etc.
In the space infront of the EPB lever, its just easier than putting it on my lap etc.
Anyway, if you do, DO NOT then apply the brake with said coin/s there. Otherwise you will find as I did yesterday, the coin will slide under the lever and jam the handbrake on. It took a minute or so of blind panic and wiggling to get it back out.

You have been warned ;)

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
zx10ben said:
Heres a top tip for everyone.

I have a habit if putting immeadiately required coins for car parks/toll booths etc.
In the space infront of the EPB lever, its just easier than putting it on my lap etc.
Anyway, if you do, DO NOT then apply the brake with said coin/s there. Otherwise you will find as I did yesterday, the coin will slide under the lever and jam the handbrake on. It took a minute or so of blind panic and wiggling to get it back out.

You have been warned ;)
Nasty scare zx10ben :shock:
Unless your little compartment which houses a cup holder, the small one, is full of junk I would suggest that you do the same as me and use it for parking money etc. ;)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, obviously for storage I do use the cup holder. On this occasion it was a case of getting the coins ready to use then driving on a few feet and needing somewhere just to temporarily place them that was still within easy reach. Just don't put them in the EPB!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
zx10ben said:
Oh yeah, obviously for storage I do use the cup holder. On this occasion it was a case of getting the coins ready to use then driving on a few feet and needing somewhere just to temporarily place them that was still within easy reach. Just don't put them in the EPB!
I understand. :cool:
It used to be the case that you could use a breast pocket on a shirt but now, I am told, they spoil the line and will not generally be offered unless requested. :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts