XF Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it went in yesterday for a list of issues and here was the response:

1. Noisy window seals, rear screen, steering wheel cover & screeching vent have been ordered and will be replaced.
2. Ipod freezing when scrolling, the answer was there is nothing we can do. I mentioned it is a latest generation ipod with eth latest software, so if it doesn’t work then the Ipod integration isn’t acceptable. Said they would take it up with Jaguar. Anyone else having trouble with eth Ipod integration?, mine works it just keeps freezing on teh screen when scrolling.
3. Sat Nav, told me my issue was me choosing the wrong route, I mentioned about it taking you down side streets parallel to teh road your on & directing you on and off the motorway for no reason, to the answer ‘Oh, that’s the system, there’s nothing we can do’. So it doesn’t work properly and they can fix it. Anyone else getting anywhere with the sat nav?
4. Poor performance, apparently there is nothing wrong with my car (Other than it being 2 seconds off the claimed 0-60!!). the answer was ‘they are all like that, there is nothing we can do’

So some issues look to be fixed but the Ipod & Sat Nav answer frankly stinks, sort of a ‘we cant fix it, you have to live with it’.

Any of you guys had any different feedback on the above issues?

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
rclifford said:

1. Noisy window seals, rear screen, steering wheel cover & screeching vent have been ordered and will be replaced.
2. Ipod freezing when scrolling, the answer was there is nothing we can do. I mentioned it is a latest generation ipod with eth latest software, so if it doesn’t work then the Ipod integration isn’t acceptable. Said they would take it up with Jaguar. Anyone else having trouble with eth Ipod integration?, mine works it just keeps freezing on teh screen when scrolling.
3. Sat Nav, told me my issue was me choosing the wrong route, I mentioned about it taking you down side streets parallel to teh road your on & directing you on and off the motorway for no reason, to the answer ‘Oh, that’s the system, there’s nothing we can do’. So it doesn’t work properly and they can fix it. Anyone else getting anywhere with the sat nav?
4. Poor performance, apparently there is nothing wrong with my car (Other than it being 2 seconds off the claimed 0-60!!). the answer was ‘they are all like that, there is nothing we can do’

So some issues look to be fixed but the Ipod & Sat Nav answer frankly stinks, sort of a ‘we cant fix it, you have to live with it’.

There has been endless discussion about the Sat Nav and its alleged deficiencies and basically it seems that Jaguar and Denso have acknowledged that an update of the firmware is required. Quite how long this will take is anybody’s guess at the moment. Why your dealer apparently doesn't know of these developments is a matter for them to answer.

As for the iPod it might be worth discussing it with Apple. Keep in mind that all car makers are running to keep up with the makers of audio equipment and it will always be the case that conflict will arise with the technology as the audio makers develop their product. We already know that Apples decision to no longer support Fire wire, a technology that I understand they developed, in the 3G phone thus leaving the owners with the problem of not being able to charge them is a real pain. 2G phones work well, 3G apparently do not. Hardly Jaguars fault :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Would be interested to hear what was said about your rear screen, pressume fault was 'rippling' ?? ... i have this problem , but not sure if i can be bothered with the hassle , after hearing about scratches Etc. following vehicles being left with dealers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pekem,
Why should I take it up with Apple?, my ipod works perfectly and has done since the day I bought it. It is the Jag Ipod interface that doesnt work hence taking it up with them. If you sell an interface to control an Ipod then it should do just that.

To be honest, if I didnt know better I would think you work for Jaguar, as your replies usually disagree with anyone if they have a problem or tells us to stop being negative.

As I have said I like my XF, just wish it did as it says on the can, so to speak.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
rclifford said:
Pekem,
Why should I take it up with Apple?, my ipod works perfectly and has done since the day I bought it. It is the Jag Ipod interface that doesnt work hence taking it up with them. If you sell an interface to control an Ipod then it should do just that.

To be honest, if I didnt know better I would think you work for Jaguar, as your replies usually disagree with anyone if they have a problem or tells us to stop being negative.

As I have said I like my XF, just wish it did as it says on the can, so to speak.
My old 4GB iPod works perfectly, apart from not reverting to a deep sleep when the car electrics are dead.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The ipod issue I would think is more towards the Jaguar side.

What would you say to Apple?

"My Ipod works fine, but when I plug it into the car it freezes" I would imagine Apples solution would be "Well dont plug it into your car"!

RC have you tried another Ipod? Your thread wasnt clear but are you using a 6th gen ipod? Have you tried another 6th Gen one? It may be the Ipod after all, in which Pekem will have been right all along :lol:

As for the Sat Nav...........Yerp its exactly the same in the S-Type as well, lets hope the firmware comes soon. Well, in 14 days time, before I collect mine :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10ben said:
As for the Sat Nav...........Yerp its exactly the same in the S-Type as well, lets hope the firmware comes soon. Well, in 14 days time, before I collect mine :D
Why didn't any S-Type owners kick up a fuss about the Sat Nav ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
This SatNav issue certainly seems to be causing some comment. Does it really take this long to resolve what appears to be a general problem? The system in the XK I previously had worked just fine - how can they have got it so wrong with the XF?

I take dleivery of my XF on mOnday and getting more and more nervous. At least having joined this Forum I know what to look for before I drive it away - Rear Screen, Paintwork, Mood lighting, seals, vents etc!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
andrewll said:
This SatNav issue certainly seems to be causing some comment. Does it really take this long to resolve what appears to be a general problem? The system in the XK I previously had worked just fine - how can they have got it so wrong with the XF?

I take dleivery of my XF on mOnday and getting more and more nervous. At least having joined this Forum I know what to look for before I drive it away - Rear Screen, Paintwork, Mood lighting, seals, vents etc!!
If on the way home the Sat Nav tells you to turn into a farm track - ignore it. :twisted:

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
rclifford said:
Pekem,

I start from the premise that you are looking for a solution to the issue and if that is so then Apple may well respond to my suggestion that it might be worth discussing with them positively . I simply said, discuss it with Apple.
If you start with the Apple web site, link below, you will see that the matter is referred to at length.
Not only do Jaguar say they sell an interface to control the iPod, you will see that Apple say the same thing :!:

As I said earlier, Jaguar have to work really hard to keep up with the changes made by audio manufacturers. It is obviously not possible to produce instant solutions but you can take it that Jaguar will keep working to find one if it is required that they do so.
Do you know if your dealer has raised the point with Jaguar? It is entirely possible that they are unaware of a change made by Apple which is impacting on the connectivity of your latest version iPod. I understand that a solution to the problem with the 3G phone is being sought and hopefully will be found :)
http://www.apple.com/uk/ipod/carintegration/

·
Registered
374 Posts
rclifford said:

You must have the same dealer as me! I got the same responses but mine also said that the faulty seals on the A-pillar causing wind noise was 'normal'. To be honest, my dealer only fixed one problem on my list of nine (the rear windscreen) but I was just overjoyed that they bothered to look at the problems at all.

·
Registered
242 Posts
On my past experience with my dealer, they try very hard to resolve problems (with my XK). I just hope that continues with the XF. It's very hard to understand why anyone should get an 'It's normal' or 'they all do it' response when clearly there is a problem. Maybe it's by edict from Jaguar?

·
Registered
306 Posts
andrewll said:
On my past experience with my dealer, they try very hard to resolve problems (with my XK). I just hope that continues with the XF. It's very hard to understand why anyone should get an 'It's normal' or 'they all do it' response when clearly there is a problem. Maybe it's by edict from Jaguar?
My dealings with the dealer, Jaguar customer relations and the jaguar exec team has been nothing short of pathetic, so I say if you have a good proactive dealer on your side it will make the world of a difference in how happy and trouble free your motoring will be. I have been quite calm over the last 3 weeks whilst my car has been sitting in the dealer compound waiting for parts, the most angry I have been is threatening to reject the car, perhaps I have been too friendly, a more forceful approach might have worked more in my favour. That begins tomorrow.

gary

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think it's been mentioned before, all XFs have poor wind noise caused by the wing mirror design, nothing wrong with the seals. Have you noticed how much turbulance there is around them when it is a bit wet, you gets loads of water splashing onto the side window. I also noticed the wind noise gets worse if you fold the mirrors in. Ultimate check must be to take them off and see if the noise is still there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dave, totally agree with your comment on the mirrors, in rain there is so much water turbulence around the side window that you cant actually see the mirror, which isnt great on a motorway. You would have thought the R&D dept when mileage testing the prototype XF's would have noticed this and commented that it isnt acceptable.

·
Registered
618 Posts
How are you testing your acceleration to 62 time? Bear in mind that in test conditions they would do it with all auxillary systems off (including the air con) and would start from second gear. Simply timing a 62 from a standing start by putting it in drive and flooring it would give you a time way off what the test time would be. Also the car would be completely empty with an average weight driver. The 0-62 times do not therefore translate into real world performance and you should never base a car making decision on a published time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts