XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are picking up your 09 XF today, have a great day.
It will be a long time before you have such a great day again. :)

Please take some pictures of your car and post them at the link below as soon as the car will allow :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=778

·
Registered
425 Posts
Re: X days to go before Jaguar XF Day

Just wondering ... what is significant about March 1st? (Apart from the obvious :D )

Tommy :D
After your anaesthetic advice pekem, I've been considering ways of staying in bed, in a trance sort-of state, until March 1st when I get my XF. :cool:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 12 days to go before Jaguar XF Day

Well you will need to do something Tommy because your condition is very grave indeed :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re: Only 11 days to go before Jaguar XF Day. ** Just 11 Days**

Hi Pekem,

Don't like to be picky here, but by my calculation as at 17th Feb it's 12 days til the 1st March. I know we all want it to be sooner, but facts is facts!!

I've just had my build date through of the 6th March, so for some of us sadly the wait will be a fair bit longer :cry:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

XFAndy said:
Hi Pekem,

Don't like to be picky here, but by my calculation as at 17th Feb it's 12 days til the 1st March. I know we all want it to be sooner, but facts is facts!!

I've just had my build date through of the 6th March, so for some of us sadly the wait will be a fair bit longer :cry:
:oops:
I don't know what you are talking about; that's what it says :lol: :lol:

Build date 6th March; what is the dealer saying; two weeks later :?:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re: Only 12 days to go before Jaguar XF Day. ** Just 12 Days**

Silly me, I could have sworn it said 11 days ;) ;)

The dealer expects to receive the car 2 - 3 weeks later, so all being well should be mine by the end of March :D

However he did say that delivery dates for all XF's are currently showing as the 25th April. Lets hope that's just a date entered in the computer for convenience sake and not an accurate date :eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts

I was initially given end April/early May date for arrival, but then had a call to say it could be a month earlier than expected (as they were going to adapt their order) .... on Valentine's day received a copy of the order through and it had 1st April as estimated date - I hope someones not making an April fool of me...or they'll be sorry :twisted: ;)

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

XFAndy
XF FX
I think I am right in saying, others may recall, that there were instances last year when delivery dates were quoted by the dealer and in fact the cars arrived earlier. I remember thinking that maybe it was the practice of dealerships to overstate a delivery date for some reason that I can only guess about. In my own case I was told at one time it would be delivered early to mid March. In fact it was delivered before the end of February in time for March Ist. :?

·
Registered
100 Posts

pekem said:
XFAndy
XF FX
I think I am right in saying, others may recall, that there were instances last year when delivery dates were quoted by the dealer and in fact the cars arrived earlier. I remember thinking that maybe it was the practice of dealerships to overstate a delivery date for some reason that I can only guess about. In my own case I was told at one time it would be delivered early to mid March. In fact it was delivered before the end of February in time for March Ist. :?

Pekem,
That was the case with me. I was told early April...Then took delivery on 1st March!!!!!

Glad the dealership was wrong in this instance... :D :D :D

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Liquidsilver said:
pekem said:
XFAndy
XF FX

Pekem,
That was the case with me. I was told early April...Then took delivery on 1st March!!!!!

Glad the dealership was wrong in this instance... :D :D :D
Well my point Liquidsilver is that I wonder if they were wrong or if they simply chose to gently mislead :)

·
Registered
281 Posts

That's all very promising news. Think I can just about cope with the wait til the end of March (at a push) but the end of April is eons away :eek:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

XFAndy said:
That's all very promising news. Think I can just about cope with the wait til the end of March (at a push) but the end of April is eons away :eek:
XFAndy just follow the advice given to all addicts... One day at a time :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts

pekem said:
XFAndy said:
XFAndy just follow the advice given to all addicts... One day at a time :lol:
Indeed. Also need my daily fix of information from the Forum too. Think I'm becoming obsessed actually :shock: There, I've said it so I'm not in denial anymore :D

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: *********************Just 10 more Days*********************

So is there anyone going to be at a dealership at 9am to take delivery of there new XF :?: Or even, perish the thought, at Midnight on the 28th February :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts

An extra day to wait for me as I collect on the Monday morning. Thinking about it now I don't suppose I will get much work done that day!

I don't fancy a midnight rendezvous at a garage thank you!

Years ago I did take delivery the day before the actual 'day', if you get what I mean. They brought the car round on trade plates as they would be too busy on the actual day!

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

AndyB said:
An extra day to wait for me as I collect on the Monday morning. Thinking about it now I don't suppose I will get much work done that day!

I don't fancy a midnight rendezvous at a garage thank you!

Years ago I did take delivery the day before the actual 'day', if you get what I mean. They brought the car round on trade plates as they would be too busy on the actual day!
Will you be able to see your beautiful Jaguar XF from a window when you are at work :?:
Even after a year of ownership I still like just looking at mine, is that sad or what :?:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Only eight more days if you get your new XF on 1st March

Oh Pekem I could kiss you :!: :eek: I just read through the countdown posts and being such a twit,if I had a peroxide head I would say I had a blonde moment, but I totally forgot this was a short month :!: ...February days just havent registered with me and since XF came into thoughts I've only thought in terms of March and April....so Im in happy mood after realising I have 2 or 3 less days to wait than I thought!!! Ok still have to wait 5 wks, and probably longer than most, but its better than 5.5wks! ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Re: Only eight more days if you get your new XF on 1st March

I'm dropping off my audi on Saturday 28th as the tax runs out on the 1st and I seriously don't want to get caught by one of those cameras placed along my route from Glasgow to Motherwell. I just hope I don't bump into my car while I'm there! I'll definately be there at opening time, though!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts