• Yes I would tell my insurer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steamdreamer wrote in relation to owners advising their insurer of a performance modification to their car,
"I suspect that some of our colleagues may be relying too much on the mods not being discovered."

Now is Steamdreamer right do you think :?:
If you were to have your XF engine remapped, or performance modified, in some way and you had the absolute assurance of the Technicians that the upgrade was completely transparent and would not be detected by Service Technicians, would you tell your insurer and invite a premium loading, as seems likely.
More detail here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=756

So, it is a simple question, yes or no. Record your response in a secret ballot :)

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is now twenty five percent of voters that would not disclose a remap to their insurer :shock:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well I for one wouldn't bother.
Having been a biker for a fair few years, I have added various mods to my bikes, new exhausts, Air filters and power commanders and I have never informed my insurer, come to think of it none of my mates had either.
This clearly is not the case for all riders mind, before I get trounced by those riders that are by the book and always disclose anything.
I'm also not endorsing people to not disclose details it's not big or clever, but that's the way I choose to do things.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still the "goody goodies" are in front but the "bad asses" are catching up fast :!:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts