XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that is the question.

Has anyone had the opportunity to drive both versions of the engine? My local Dealer has a few of the base engines on the lot but nothing in a SC. I really like the XF, and it is at the top of my short list. My only issue is the 300hp doesn't have the same 'giddy up' as the 550i.

Am I correct in assuming there is a noticeable difference in driving experience with a SC? Any feedback is appreciated. I know there is over a second difference in the 0-60 times, but I am not sure how that translates when driving. My Dealer can get me an SC through a dealer swap, but I just wanted to confirm it was worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The SV8 is quite a different car, sportier suspension with CATs dampers, 20" tyres, 420 bhp etc. In autocar recently it saw off the Alpina B5 and Merc CLS AMG, so must be pretty good. A friend of mine who has had Jags for some time picked up one of the first SV8s and said it is better in every respect than his Maserati granturismo which he has not had that long, so much so that he's now sold the Masser as he stopped using it. He had an XKR last year but says the SV8 is better than that too.

·
Registered
618 Posts
If i was in the market for an SV8 i might be tempted to wait for the XFR as i would kick myself once it was availble as it will either eat the SV8 for breakfast OR force a downward realignment of the SV8 price and if it did both i would want to :cry:

·
Registered
57 Posts
craig said:
If i was in the market for an SV8 i might be tempted to wait for the XFR as i would kick myself once it was availble as it will either eat the SV8 for breakfast OR force a downward realignment of the SV8 price and if it did both i would want to :cry:
I think the XFR will be quite different as I it will compete with the M5, something the SV8 doesn't do. Will have M5 price tag as well I guess, which is 65 grand start point. Does the SV8 get dropped or will there be an SV8 and XFR? I think there's room for both.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Go for the SV8. I had an XKR before my XF and never regretted choosing it rather than an XK8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts