XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Own up if this stuff appeals to you :!:

" The XFR serenely manages all the slightly dreary, day-to-day stuff without breaking sweat. But when the road clears and you snap the accelerator to the floor, the realisation is that under the thick veneer of sophistication the car is completely bloody bonkers.

The change is quite extraordinary; somewhere along the lines of your local vicar suddenly brandishing a Desert Eagle handgun and addressing the problem of littering on the village green with extreme prejudice. Indeed, if you were to drive the XFR gently, you might never even tap the well of extreme dynamic violence that it is blatantly capable of. But when you really go for it, the huge reserve of deep-chested power becomes a very real, colourful thing; the supercharged fishing rod that you can use to reel in the horizon.
It accelerates spectacularly from rest, but it’s on a sweeping A-road or motorway where the big Jag will really bare its teeth. Flick the paddles behind the steering wheel to select third gear, stamp on the throttle at 50mph and an enormous 461 lb ft of torque will shunt you forwards with supercar pace, pinning your body back into super-comfortable seats. You know the bit when an airline pilot guns a jumbo and you surge up the runway? It’s like that. Except slightly more scary. Suddenly that beautifully crafted English brogue turns out to have a steel toecap — and it’s perfectly capable of using it."

*** So now we know where you are coming from penultimateblack :lol:

This is what he said about the XF a year or so ago which will please everyone waiting for their new 3 Litre :)

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp ... =Jaguar+XF

·
Registered
216 Posts
pekem said:
if it didn't appeal to me i'd have to declare myself clinically dead ;)

i've been devouring all the stuff that's been published in the motoring mags about the XFR, and by crikey i want one. unfortunately to achieve that i'd have to sell both kidneys and my liver.

'weapon of choice' the Jag bods have nicknamed it apparently :D

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
bob said:
pekem said:
if it didn't appeal to me i'd have to declare myself clinically dead ;)

i've been devouring all the stuff that's been published in the motoring mags about the XFR, and by crikey i want one. unfortunately to achieve that i'd have to sell both kidneys and my liver.
'weapon of choice' the Jag bods have nicknamed it apparently :D
And do they want your XF in part exchange as well :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts