XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on another forum has been offered a three year service package by their UK dealer (3 services) for £949 as a lump sum or paid for in interest free installments. Anyone else been offered that? Sounds like a fair deal do you think?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'd like to see the service worksheet for the first three services. Are they basically oil changes? Do they include changing the oil filters? Wiper blades? Brake pads/discs? Brake fluid?

If it is just a basic oil change for all three services then it's a very poor deal. If it includes other consumables then it may be okay but it sounds steep to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the US, there are two levels of service. The less expensive included oil changes, fluids and normal wear and tear items. The second level, which I believe you are talking about covers EVERYTHING but tires. I still figured that one set of front brakes and 3 oil changes can be had for less by almost anyone outside the Jaguar dealer so I have asked to be refunded the cost of the program.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If the XF 2.7 servicing requirement is the same as the S type it needs an oil and filter change every 15000 miles or annually and the rest is inspect and top up fluids.There are plenty of independant Jaguar Garages out there who will do this work and stamp the book so why get ripped off with the inflated labour and oil charges of main dealers.Under the block exemption rules that came in a few years ago your warranty is not affected as long as "approved" parts such as oil filters are used and that the garage is VAT registered and I have a letter from Jaguar customer services confirming this.My last Jaguar covered 72000 miles in 3 years and ALL the services were done to the exact schedule and the most expensive service bill I had when all filters were changed was £165.00 and around £45.00 for the 15000m oil and filter/inspection service.Compare this with a main dealer price and dont be put off when they tell you that they are the only one who can service your precious car as the indepedents have the diagnostic equipment and can do the same job as them at a considerable saving.
My XF will not be going back to the main dealer unless any warranty work or updates are required which they are obliged to carry out under the warrenty terms and I will continue to use the Jaguar independent in my area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts