XF Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jut ordered the car yesterday, but am yet to decide on colour - trying to decide between vapour, lunar and pearl. Though I dont want to start a colour wars thread :lol:

Have already gleaned a bit of information from the site so far and will continue to do a fair bit of reading Im sure.

Im no stranger to car forums, helpling run the UK's busiest forum for the Nissan 350Z (the current weekend car). (http://www.350z-uk.com)

Well, only two and a half months to go now. Whatever will I fill the time with :?

Any obvious niggles I should be looking for on delivery?

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum chesterfield :)
Congratulations on your decision; you won't regret it.
Some here will want to know what spec and model you have chosen so I will ask now :?:
As for first day niggles; the only one I can think of may be the price of fuel because you will not want to stop driving around :lol:
You are now on the Roll of Honour @

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707&p=5335#p5335

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome :)

Ive added the specs of the car to my signature, but the list is:

3.0 Diesel S Premium Luxury
20" Selenas
Xenon Lights
Ivory Leather
Park aid with reversing camera
Chrome Side vents
Burr Walnut trim

As for Fuel price, I went through a similar phase when first getting the Z, you seem to guzzle through a fair bit in the first couple of weeks or so.

The Z was the first car in a while that Ive just taken out for adrive just for the sake of it, Im confident the Jaguar will be the same too. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Colour choice?? Obviously it is a personal thing and no one persons's idea is any better/more important than anyone elses. One comment I have about my Vapour Grey is that I have had it over 2 months now and have not cleaned it once (apart from the wheels which do get very dirty). It still looks clean!! There are 3 other cars in the household - all black and they all look fantastic when clean but it only lasts a couple of days before they need washing again.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats why I want to stay away from black. I currently have a black Altea FR, an it looks filthy within 3 days of cleaning it.

I want a "good muck colour" as we say here in Derbyshire. Hence the greys. I think the pearl grey though is heading toward the dark scale, which means I may end up with the same problem as I have with the black car presently.

I think the lighter grey (lunar) takes something away from the chrome parts, as I have the chrome centre spokes coming on the selena wheels, I would like that aspect to stand out - but really want to avoid black because of the washing duties :D I think its going o be Vapour grey...

As for the other car, you dont want to know how quickly this gets dirty: :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
It's a pity that only the XFR comes in Kyanite Blue, that is a truly stunning colour when you see it in the "flesh", so to speak. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go for vapour - really 'grown up' colour and classy. (I am a bit biased!)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Are you going to trade up to a 370z chesterfield? I am thinking of buying a Porsche Cayman S at the moment and tried a 370 and was quite impressed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, Ill not be going up to the 370, though some in the club will be. Im going to keep the 350 so I can still take part in club events etc, as they usually make for a good weekend, and will be looking to buy either a prancing horse or raging bull perhaps in a year or so.

The Cayman S is a nice car, and there is no doubt the Porsche is a well built piece of kit, but value for money and bang for the buck, the 350 is a lot more fun in my opinion. I havent seen a 370 in the flesh yet, so will reserve judgement. If Nissan have addressed some of the interior issues that the 350 has, then it too should be a great car.

If you would be looking to become part of a club, and the 350z one I help run is free, then you cant go wrong with the Z car.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I test drove a 370 a couple of weeks ago and having driven a 350 it is a massive leap on in terms of the interior. I always felt that the 350 interior was cheap and nasty which is what stopped me from going for one a few years ago.

Good luck with the horse or bull, choose carefully if not buying new unless you have bottomless pockets! I am not a fan of the modern Lambo's as they have resolved the issues of the old ones but they have done it by making them more Germanic and thats not really what I want from an Italian car. If i was going to spend 90k I would get myself a Maserati Granturismo S

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill take the modern germanic styling/feel over the older italian reliability/fire issues. Though they appear to still make themselves present in the larger Lamborghinis :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apologies - I should know beter moderating my own forum :oops:

Got to find some way of filling the time waiting for my XF :lol:

I think Ive exhausted youtube and internet reviews.

Off to desktop wallpapers now I think....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I made my colour decision today. Vapour Grey. :lol:

Now I have to hope I dont see another one on the road in lunar or pearl and start questioning myself all over again! :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, Ive had a silver car previously, and Ive also had a black. Ive enjoyed the merits and downsides to both.

Silver doesnt show the dirt at all, and I can be rather lazy sometimes when it comes to cleaning a daily runner. But when it is clean, you dont get the shine or reflection and the sense of acheivement that you do when having a highly polishe black car.

The black (and most very dark colours) looks fantastic when polished up, but they stay that way for about 7 milliseconds given our weather in the UK, and very often it feels like Im constantly driving a dirty car when I have black.

My current car is black, and I want a move away, so that discounted the black.

The silver/lunar just took something away from the chrome in my opinion, so that eventually ruled that out.

I dont like green. I know some people like it, but its just not a colour for me.

The white isnt white. Its dirty white. If its going to be white, then it needs to be the Audi ice white. But then again you run into it looking clean for about 2 seconds.

The choice then came down to Vapour, Claret, Frost Blue, and Pearl Grey.

Although I like the claret, it is just way to close to the Dodge calliber red for comfort, and Im one of those people who likes a red to be RED, bright ferrari red for example, the claret is more understated - as its a more understated and less "in your face" car. This was one of the colours I thought about for longer than others.

The frost blue is nice, but I dont think it went as well with the dashboard trim as the greys and claret. Also, I dont think it will be the greatest of dirt hiders either. Ultimately I thought it was agreat colour for the summer months when the sun is out showing off the deep finish of the light, almost petrol blue. But couldnt see myself thinking as highly of it in the dark winter months.

I was left with Pearl Grey and Vapour Grey.

This is whats taken me the week to decide...

Pearl shows the chrome work off well, and I think will be a reasonable dirt hider. In the sun it looks great with the purple undertone (one of my favourite colours), but on the duller days, it seems to hide some of the curves of that great bonnet on the XF.

The Vapour Grey looks great on the darker days and in the evenings, it has a great depth of colour when the light is on it, Its a great dirt hider and I think it matches in very well with the ivory interior and darker dash.

It was a hard choice between Pearl and Vapour, but Vapour won out in the end. If only I could have two! :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I could have writain that reply, its exactly as I see it, although at this point in time I'm leaning towards Pearl. Only got a couple more weeks to decide before it goes fixed in production..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts