XF Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
22,556 Posts
Welcome, at last, to the forum Letdown :)
I am sorry you did not join earlier and then some of the more critical comments that have been posted elsewhere would not have been made.
It seems that you have had,as others have, a number of issues with your car and dealer.
All of the issues that you remark upon have, in the main, been dealt with by Jaguar and it is to be hoped that your car is now in a satisfactory condition.
You will see that we do have the benefit of our resident Jaguar Dealership service team and if you do have further questions I am sure they will be pleased to help.
Simply post as a separate thread here:
viewforum.php?f=37

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pekem for your considered response.

As I have already complained through formal channels and got an unsatisfactory response... there really is only Jaguar direct that can deal with this.

Thanks again

Let down

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im with you letdown 100%. My XF has been a nightmare as well. Since I brought it in September it have been back into the dealers 10 times & on the last visit on december 8th they kept the car until January 9th to try & fix the massive list of faults. I have now taken car back & to be fair most seem to be ok They replaced the full sunroof unit & it has started vibrating again just like the doors.

As time has gone on I also find the seats of poor design & they offer no support. I have driven new Transit vans and cheap Astras that have seats designed to a higher standard. Looks as though im going to have to buy the new R seats & retro fit them. On a £40Kplus car I think the seats should be of better comfort & quality than the Xtypes which I owed before but guess not

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have to agree. I find the front seats very poor and offer no real support.

My water leak is back in the boot. :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
So after all of your so called problems its only now that you decide to join a forum not to discuss or ask if anyone else has the same faults just to rant, its a wind up, a troll that says he has a jag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps the intelligence and class of your reply does you justice

How about a chassis no? ;)

At least most people here have read and replied with a genuine point of view (whether they disagree or not) rather than a childish side swipe

Let down

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
LetDown said:
Perhaps the intelligence and class of your reply does you justice

How about a chassis no? ;)

At least most people here have read and replied with a genuine point of view (whether they disagree or not) rather than a childish side swipe

Let down
Letdown I did forewarn you on the other thread about the responses from members that love the car. Peoples views and comments are usually more than welcome, unfortunately you placed yourself on a back footing with your Blog dedicated to slating the XF and Jaguar, before you even joined us. So please don't come on here and start antagonising members that have been here well before you even thought of buying yours.

You wouldn't go onto a Robbie Williams fan club website saying how crap he is and expect no comeback, likewise here.

Also I would advise against anyone posting their Chassis number on an open forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your main point about expecting adverse comments is taken aboard (and was even anticipated)

The chassis number offer was an ironic reply to the absurd suggestion I should supply a photo to 'prove' ownership. (I would never actually do that)

But the standard or reply lowered itself to such a level I had every right to reply... no matter how long that person had been here

Let down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts