XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this forum. Am looking at getting a used xf in a couple of months. Need some advice on which model to go for. The 2.2 or 3.0. And which trim level. Some of the equipment I want is the reversing camera, heated front screen, heated and cooled seats. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
How old is the car, you are thinking about? The original XF came out in 2008. It had a facelift in MY2012 (from late 2011). Then it was completely renewed into the current model in 2015. There are some differences in equipment and engines over the years.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Then it must be an original (X250) XF in the faceliftet version. That was a great car. I'm afraid they've deteriorated since. I had one MY2012 from late 2011 with the original 4 cylinder 2.2 diesel with 190 PS. Later it got 200 PS, and they also made a smaller 163 PS version for taxation reasons in some countries. I now have an original 2009 XF with a 4.2 l V8 engine. It was my father's car, but he can't drive anymore. The V8 engine is really great. Really fun and with an awesome soundtrack. But the car is clearly much more old-fashioned than the faceliftet XF. I have no USB socket, I can't stream audio over Bluetooth, there are no dedicated DRL's. The instruments are hard to read, if the light turn on, while it's still somewhat light outside. It only has the old six-speed gearbox. The navigation is very bad and the map can't be updated. There are so many little annoyances, when you go from the faceliftet version back to the original. Still I love my XF. I see it as a halfway classic car with some quirks, but also a very charming car. The facelift XF is a much better car in many ways, so I can only recommend it.

I imagine, you are talking about diesel engines, when you talk of a 2.2 or a 3.0 l engine. The 2.2 liter diesel is a fine little engine. As a reviewer once wrote, you never doubt, it's a four cylinder engine, but it does a very fine job. On the other hand, it's not exactly a race car. It's not a slow car either. If you come from a more ordinary car, it's certainly fast. I think mine had a top speed of 228 km/h. I haven't tried the 3l V6 diesel, but owners seem to be very happy with the immense power of the engine. It has a lot of torque even from low down. If you like a powerful car, I think that's the engine to go for. The best would be for you to test them both and form your own opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently driving an 09 ford kuga (escape) 2.0 tdci. Great car, just fancy the xf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, new to this forum. Am looking at getting a used xf in a couple of months. Need some advice on which model to go for. The 2.2 or 3.0. And which trim level. Some of the equipment I want is the reversing camera, heated front screen, heated and cooled seats. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
Wish I could help. I’ve got the 5.0 V8 over here in the good old USA. Great motor. Great car. I think either one will be a good choice. Enjoy the car!😀

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am biased, but I really like my supercharged 3.0 liter (with all wheel drive). The 340 horsepower is something to be felt and enjoyed. My last Jag (XJ) had a 290 HP V8 and "sounded" better, but this XF just seems to take off and fly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts