XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plenty of people on here have an XF on order with delivery promised in the next few days, weeks or months. To get an idea of lead times, if you're waiting for your XF, please post your order date and dealer-suggested delivery date.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ordered - mid-March

Delivery expected - First week August (could have been July, but there didn't seem any point in leaving it in long-term parking at Heathrow while we were on our hols!)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ordered March and asked for delivery on 1st September to get new plate. Got a call from my dealer to say its starting on the construction line next week and will then be mothballed for a couple of months till we want to collect it. So, fingers crossed with that much notice should get it on time

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ordered Apr 7 dealer unable to confirm (last thursday) any date was told jun now maybe july - ****ed off, they took my SLK350 apr 2 in part X sold it for 4000 profit (£24K) a week later, they still have my money earning them interest. The salesman said (on ordering) maybe end may or jun but jul is not good.

Just been confirmed Jul build for Jul Delivery

gary

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
I find this thread very interesting because I was told by my dealer in March that they had very nearly sold this years allocation. I understood that their dealer status within the network would ensure that they received about 50% more cars in this year than a lesser agency. I further understood that their allocation amounted to about 3or 4 cars a week. I remember thinking at that time that the total number of vehicles available for the UK market, based on the number of UK dealerships,would mean that the total would not exceed the low thousands in number, if that. Also I was being told that at that time, because of the progress they had made selling in to the allocation that they were now looking at delivery dates for September / October.
I now wonder if production at the factory has been increased to meet the demand or was the information I was being given wrong. They had my order and money so their was no need to exagerate the delivery position in order to have me commit and so I now just wonder.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered mine in march, given build date of 16 may and delivery to dealer 29 may.
Car arrived at dealer yesterday and I pick it up friday. Gush Gush. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered February! 22nd May delivery date. Arrived last friday!! Picking up on Thursday 22nd!! Well done Jaguar!
Premium Luxury, 2.7D, Midnight Black, Chrome Vents, B&W Audio, Champagne and Walnut Burr, Heated & cooled seats, Parking pack, Bi-Xenon lights and Carelia 19" Alloys.
Decided against Rear Headrest screens. Too expensive!!
Fell for the Bodycoat pitch. At least it should be shiny! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered April 15th, date of delivery by the end of June, 3.0 Premium Luxury, Jaguar Voice, Bi-Xenon with washers, Park Aid Pack with rear cam, Chrome Vents for free

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is there any logical reason why peop[le with extremely similar order dates should be getting such a wide variation in delivery?

·
Registered
45 Posts
When I ordered in march I was allocated the last slot in May for the Lincoln dealer
so it all depends which months allocation you manage to take up. Hope this goes
some way to explaining the variation in dates. Also the production line is at least one
week ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
294 Posts
OK MIckey, but look at the two previous posts - XF admin appears to be 3 weeks later than he was led to expect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Within a week of ordering I was given a build date and delivery date and fortunately
they both came forward. Perhaps some of the movement of dates is due to the extras
having to be fitted. Maybe someone who has visited Jaguar could shed some light on this subject.

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
As I understood it from both the dealer and the factory the manufacturing process is very rigourous inasmuch that an order is placed by the customer,that order is then scheduled for production and the whole process is then in accordance with the specification sheet attached to the car. At anytime the factory will know where the car is and at what stage of production it has reached. Cars are only built to a customers order and are not being produced without an end user in the way that might well be the case with a volume car producer. If your car order was placed by the dealer and acknowledged by Jaguar with a build date it is hard to imagine that the delivery date would not be kept to. I think that you should address your question to the dealer and ask exactly where the car is in the process at this time. I was told that it would be possible to tell me exactly where mine was.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes it is completely possible to find out where your car is at any point. If the dealer wont play ball ring Jaguar directly with your order number and they will tell you.

·
Administrator
434 Posts
To be honest re: my delivery date my end of may was just what I was told when placing the order. The only "official dates" dates I have, were given via letter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts