XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my XF at lunchtime - finally after 5 months waiting. So far very pleased - checked all the various 'known' issues and the only one I can find is the distorted rear screen!! However it's not too bad and I might live with it. The paintwork seems fine, the mood lighting works - havent had chance to try the Satnav but got a longish journey tomorrow so will report back thereafter.
There is a very slight vibration/drumming noise which seems to come from the rear at 60-70mph. feels like wheels slightly out of balance but hope it's not the diff as some have experienced!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Git! :evil:

Still 10 days before I'm in mine, even worse is the fact that its been ready since July and I've just been holding out for the 58 plate.

Well, have fun and no, I'm not jealous in the slightest! Now get some piccys up!

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
andrewll said:
Picked up my XF at lunchtime - finally after 5 months waiting. So far very pleased - checked all the various 'known' issues and the only one I can find is the distorted rear screen!! However it's not too bad and I might live with it. The paintwork seems fine, the mood lighting works - havent had chance to try the Satnav but got a longish journey tomorrow so will report back thereafter.
There is a very slight vibration/drumming noise which seems to come from the rear at 60-70mph. feels like wheels slightly out of balance but hope it's not the diff as some have experienced!!
I don't know what the auto equivalent term of a Hyperchondriac is but I suspect that reading this and other forums will induce the condition in some people. :)
If you can take the time from enjoying the best car around, take some pictures of it and post them here.

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
zx10ben said:

Still 10 days before I'm in mine, even worse is the fact that its been ready since July and I've just been holding out for the 58 plate.Well, have fun and no, I'm not jealous in the slightest! Now get some piccys up!
One of the best reasons for buying a cherished plate; keep your car beautiful and the plate will keep everyone guessing as to its age ;)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
pekem said:
zx10ben said:

Still 10 days before I'm in mine, even worse is the fact that its been ready since July and I've just been holding out for the 58 plate.Well, have fun and no, I'm not jealous in the slightest! Now get some piccys up!
One of the best reasons for buying a cherished plate; keep your car beautiful and the plate will keep everyone guessing as to its age ;)
Heres the kicker, I have a cherished plate! Trouble is being in the forces and over in Germany cant have it on till I'm back in Blighty. So it sits in a cupboard on retention till I get back.
Should have also mentioned that the other half set the date for collection to coincide with the in-laws wedding anniversary, so was on a loser from the start :oops:

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
zx10ben said:
pekem said:
zx10ben said:

Heres the kicker, I have a cherished plate! Trouble is being in the forces and over in Germany cant have it on till I'm back in Blighty. So it sits in a cupboard on retention till I get back.
Should have also mentioned that the other half set the date for collection to coincide with the in-laws wedding anniversary, so was on a loser from the start :oops:
You will get to keep the car won't you :?:
Are you sure it will not be handed over as a wedding anniversary gift :shock: :eek:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
pekem said:
You will get to keep the car won't you :?:
Are you sure it will not be handed over as a wedding anniversary gift :shock: :eek:
Thats not even mildly humorous :| They'll be prising my dead fingers off the wheel first!

Oh and sorry for jacking your thread Andrew :oops:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Luck for 10 days time. I did tjhe same - when I placed the order I was told 1st September for delivery then dealer rang mid July to say good news the car is here. But as I had acquired a 58 plate have had to wait until today. Almost the hardest thin I have ever done but pleased the wait is now over.

By the way anyone cracked their lower leg on the air vent yet? I have taken the skin off my lower leg on just the third time of getting in. Maybe I am a funny shape?

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
andrewll said:
Good Luck for 10 days time. I did tjhe same - when I placed the order I was told 1st September for delivery then dealer rang mid July to say good news the car is here. But as I had acquired a 58 plate have had to wait until today. Almost the hardest thin I have ever done but pleased the wait is now over.

By the way anyone cracked their lower leg on the air vent yet? I have taken the skin off my lower leg on just the third time of getting in. Maybe I am a funny shape?
No, no, don't try getting in the car by the vent, use the door just along the side a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[
No, no, don't try getting in the car by the vent, use the door just along the side a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Ha ha. Seriously though it does stick out a bit (the air vent on rh side of dash!) so I will watch out for that in future. Surely I cant be the only one ??

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
andrewll said:
[
No, no, don't try getting in the car by the vent, use the door just along the side a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha ha. Seriously though it does stick out a bit (the air vent on rh side of dash!) so I will watch out for that in future. Surely I cant be the only one ??[/quote]

You have lost me now; exactly which vent do you mean?
At present I am imagining you sliding along the wing of the car and then opening the door. But before you get to the door you are gashing your leg on the vent :?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even I dont drink enough that I have to slide along the car !!!

The vent in question is on the right hand side of the steering wheel and to be absolutely accurate it's the dash/housing that caused the problem. If you open the door and look at it from the side it is quite prominent and as I was in a hurry and had limited space I cracked my leg on the corner hard enough to remove a little skin! Lesson learned :roll:

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
I still can't understand where you mean unless it is the area shown in Vapourgrey's excellent picture which I have added an arrow to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts