XF Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I am waiting to collect my new XF. But it's only 4am and not yet light. I sit there, hair combed, shoes shined, clean socks. My mother would be proud. I'm like a little boy waiting for Father Christmas to come, but this time I know he won't be here until nine o'clock, as I've got an appointment.
Thoughts run through my head. Why don't dealers open earlier? I'm ready, the XF is there, the roads are quiet. Perfect. I wonder should I check the forum? Maybe somebody else is collecting their car today; they'll need some moral support. Time passes, I fall asleep.
Then I wake, sweating and startled. It's ten o'clock, I'm late! I race to the garage, my neat parting awry, my suit creased. But where's the XF? The dealer regards me with a cold eye. "You didn't turn up, we sold it to someone else". No! No! Suddenly an urgent sound interrupts, beep-beep, beep-beep. It's my alarm, I was asleep!
Lady raregrin stirs. "I've had a nightmare" I exclaim joyfully. "Then why are you smiling" she asks. " Because I can still collect the XF!".
No this didn't happen, but it was a long night and I'm sure at one point I heard someone say
" It's a girl, Mr raregrin, weighing 1.8 tons!"

Anyone else had difficulty sleeping the night before?

·
Registered
403 Posts
:D

Great post! Really catches the essence of the anticpation.

For what its worth, I'm having trouble sleeping now, and I've still got 7 weeks to go. By the time mine finally arrives I'll be too tired to go anywhere.

Enjoy!

·
Administrator
22,556 Posts
Did I miss something raregrin :?:
Did you act out your nightmare in real life today; did they actually sell your car to another :?:
You posted your story, which was heart breaking, at: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:36 pm but there is no mention of what happened this morning when you should have collected your car :eek: No mention of it, no picture, nothing :cry: What did I miss :?:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Growler,

I've now got the car and it's a real dream.
It's a while since I had my test drive and I can't believe what a sublime ride it has on 19" Artura wheels. It just glides along and I must admit it's makes me drive slower, as though I've all the time in the world.

It's O.K. pekem, it was only a story I thought of whilst tossing and turning during the night. I will try and post some pictures soon, once I have enlisted the help of a child to show me how.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts