XF Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
little feedback after owning it nearly 10 weeks now and putting 3k miles on the clock...still smiling every time I see it :D

3.0D S Premium Luxury - ultimate black with barley interior including (over all the basics?):
20" dracos
adaptive dynamics
heated front screen
folding mirrors
18/18way cooled/heated front seats
rear parking assist (no camera)
stock 600W audio
DAB radio
ASL

good bits - it was all said before but...
looks - head turner every where I go. bit of a pain to keep it clean at this time of the year, but still looks awesome. and the draco's!
auto gear box - my first one, never thought I will say that, but automatic is the best drive ever. drive is faultless and zf8 is just brilliant
power - my first diesel / V6 / 3.0 - love diesels torque
steering - car is big and heavy and still it goes wherever I want with such ease
mpg - despite being 3.0 and much more powerful it's returning better mpg in winter than my previous 2.0 petrol in the summer... (same journeys)
seats - being S version I got 18/18 way ones - fantastic to sit in. finding ideal position took me 2 weeks, but now is just perfect
suspension - on 20" alloys and ride is great, better than on previous 17". like adaptive dynamics as well
audio - despite not being B&W or Meridian, 600W is good enough. sometimes flat, but that's just quality of songs (mp3 below 320kbps) as most of the time it's 'juicy' as it should be
heated front screen - specially now - love it

bad bits
front door rattles - both sides, cables - to be done under warranty, just need to find time really
cruise control wheel - bit dodgy, sometimes sticks or not works first time - assuming it will be under warranty, as above

annoyance's rather than bad points
info system - bit slow sometimes
sat nav - can't enter full post code and can't put speed cameras as poi's (because of the soft), other than that it's not that bad

am I missing anything? yes
heated steering wheel! would be great on them frosty mornings :)
even better sound system

I love it to bits, and will even more, to the last screw, when will get them 2 things fixed. that's about it. all I can wish for now is thousands of trouble free motoring :)
Sounds like you have fallen in love!

However one question "sat nav can't enter full post code " I can but mine is now 5 years old!, is this a later addition to the software or is it a fault?
Or probably a stupid question but are you pressing the space bar between the first and second half of the code? eg aa1(space)aa2

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sounds like you have fallen in love!

However one question "sat nav can't enter full post code " I can but mine is now 5 years old!, is this a later addition to the software or is it a fault?
Or probably a stupid question but are you pressing the space bar between the first and second half of the code? eg aa1(space)aa2
I did indeed :D
re sat nav....will try later on but i'm sure I'm doing it without spaces...:eek:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
re sat nav....will try later on but i'm sure I'm doing it without spaces...:eek:
so, checked it and we are both correct...when choosing destination by 'postcode' button, as you said, i can type it in full, but when choosing by 'address', where you can type in full address, can enter only 4 out of 6 signs (not counting space). that's just...stupid :shock:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Bik3rz

Lovely looking car, not sure how I missed your original post but it really does look good. Mine is an S but has black badges and wheel centres rather than red. I might upgrade the wheel centres in the summer.

As to postcode my 2009 with the blue/grey colour scheme made me put a space between the first and second part. The new black themed one doesn't want a space. Not tried the full address entry on this one but will take a look over the weekend. I wonder if it doesn't need the whole code as you are putting in street name, etc. anyway.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
:eek: Kevin!! how could you miss it! shocking... :-D thanks mate, yours looks great too (saw it as soon as you post photos :twisted: )

probably it doesn't need full post code with full address, but why restrict it when it's already capable of doing it?

badges...looks like it was an upgrade done by prev owner - brake callipers are painted black as well

·
Registered
442 Posts
I know it's terrible isn't it, unforgivable ;-) Took me over a week to post my photos as well.

Agreed it seems silly to block the full postcode when it's used elsewhere in the system.

I might have to make the same upgrades at some point.

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I take a look at my XFS every night before going to bed ,I open my front door and look and can't believe it's on my drive ,I just love the look of it ,my dad had a mk 2 jag in the 60s I think that is where I get it from

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the HDD nav and mine is a 62 plate (MY2013). My 2009 (MY2010) had the DVD nav and I don't think you can add speed cameras to that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes works fine on mine, camera icons displayed on map and audio alerts for different camera types

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
In need of new wheel and refurbishing others. New wheel came in dark grey with diamond cut on outside edge. I was thinking of doing them all black with diamond cut. Will be doing calipers in red regardless of wheels colour.

Looking at my xf, which wheel colour would you choose?

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts