XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all,

most of you will say 'finally!', guess what - I said exactly the same 9.35am this morning :D

so, here it is, my very own, so long waited for, XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury in ultimate black over barley interior with draco's! 62 plate, nearly 27k on the clock. it has usual toys part from rear camera/front sensors which I do not miss at all (surprisingly). it has front grill/wheel caps updated with red growlers, calipers painted black, which looks good. 600W stereo, heated-cooled 18/18 front seats...

did 100miles today and what can say other than I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! but more important - wife loves it too, 'money well spent' she says :D my first jag, first diesel, first automatic - what a fantastic car!

weather wasn't the greatest to enjoy it, but it didn't spoil my day, unfortunately not a lot photos today, just ones made quickly in between rain :roll: as soon as weather allows - will post more :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had a similar experience yesterday and woke up this morning wondering where the bruises came from on my forearm. Realised it was from pinching myself to confirm I wasn't dreaming! When I mentioned that I had bought one to my Dad, it wasn't 'That's great' or 'What colour? It was 'You be careful you don't get a speeding ticket' :)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a similar experience yesterday and woke up this morning wondering where the bruises came from on my forearm. Realised it was from pinching myself to confirm I wasn't dreaming! When I mentioned that I had bought one to my Dad, it wasn't 'That's great' or 'What colour? It was 'You be careful you don't get a speeding ticket' :)

my wife said exavtly the same :D so, well done to both of us ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great to see you now have your lovely XF , looks like it was worth the deliberation and wait. Enjoy and have many reliable miles.

I'm a tad jealous of the 'S' and facelift! Good work.

Marcus

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wicked! (And about time!)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It looks lovely, absolutely lovely.

Some days I wish I had bought some outrageous colour with black wheels and look like a hooligan. Then, as I drive the last quarter mile toward home I can steal a look at my car through the plate glass shop window fronts and it reminds me how understated the toned down look is. The black grille sets the car off slightly compared to the silver one that the less powerful models generally have and, as I drive around and look at other XF's, so very few have that little give away badge on the back showing that this is something of a rocket ship.... but a very understated rocket ship.

It took me quite a while to calm down. The XF just wants to race off into the sun set, effortlessly, while ripping up your driving license as it goes. Treat it carefully, pick those moments to press that chequered flag and to floor the accelerator. If you don't have one, get yourself a Road Angel - it's saved me many times!

Some days, especially if life has made you stressed, get yourself a large usb memory stick, stuff all of your favourite music on it (or use an i-pod if you have one), sit in your car, start the engine and watch the air vents whirr into action, marvel at that lovely gear knob rising and rotating (you need to buy a growler badge for it by the way), pump some gentle music through the premium sound system and let your new car transport you off to a better place.

An XF is a very special place in which to be, welcome to that place!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks PurrCat. couldn't agree more about understated look/power comment - and the XF on my driveway is exactly that, luxury black with bit of chrome and only them red growlers and badge on the back giving a hint what this car is capable of - and only to those who know the jags a bit :) just like, there were a times thinking about buying something shouting about it's power, but when saw this xf i knew what i really want :)

calming down? that will take a while...thanks for the advise :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well done Bik3rz and what an absolute beauty you have ended up with. I almost bought an S myself when I sold my SV8 but just missed the V8 growler! I've been driving XFs for almost 8 years now and I still get a very big smile, especially when in hooligan mode or when cruising along and see the looks from others so you've a long wait for the feel good factor to go away!
your new cat looks fantastic, especially with those Dracos. After such a long wait to finally get one I'm glad it is giving you so much joy but just exercise those neck muscles for the constant looking back when you park it up :cool:
Happy motoring, you deserve it for staying the course :D

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done Bik3rz and what an absolute beauty you have ended up with. I almost bought an S myself when I sold my SV8 but just missed the V8 growler! I've been driving XFs for almost 8 years now and I still get a very big smile, especially when in hooligan mode or when cruising along and see the looks from others so you've a long wait for the feel good factor to go away!
your new cat looks fantastic, especially with those Dracos. After such a long wait to finally get one I'm glad it is giving you so much joy but just exercise those neck muscles for the constant looking back when you park it up :cool:
Happy motoring, you deserve it for staying the course :D

thanks mate, no worries about neck muscles - got them ready for this in past 12 months :D woke up this morning and as usual came up to a window...don't think I smiled so much after awakening, ever! :D

v8 is my xf dream come true, who knows, maybe one day... :)

ok, off to Brighton, ehm, for a family trip :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
At long last and very nice too. All the very best with your lovely motor.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Bik3rz welcome to the XFS club I've had mine 2 years and still dream about my lovely motor :D lovely motor enjoy:D

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thanks guys, Andy/toyotaman :)

just came back from trip to Brighton and drive was faultless as you can imagine. trip A zeroed this morning, there and back mpg I got is 41.8, mostly at 75mph cruise, few high 80's overtakes - more than satisfied with the result :) overtakes...finally satisfying power under the foot to do it :D

meeting Stephen from gogglebox just made my great day even better :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very very nice !

Great choice, and worth waiting for.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
little feedback after owning it nearly 10 weeks now and putting 3k miles on the clock...still smiling every time I see it :D

3.0D S Premium Luxury - ultimate black with barley interior including (over all the basics?):
20" dracos
adaptive dynamics
heated front screen
folding mirrors
18/18way cooled/heated front seats
rear parking assist (no camera)
stock 600W audio
DAB radio
ASL

good bits - it was all said before but...
looks - head turner every where I go. bit of a pain to keep it clean at this time of the year, but still looks awesome. and the draco's!
auto gear box - my first one, never thought I will say that, but automatic is the best drive ever. drive is faultless and zf8 is just brilliant
power - my first diesel / V6 / 3.0 - love diesels torque
steering - car is big and heavy and still it goes wherever I want with such ease
mpg - despite being 3.0 and much more powerful it's returning better mpg in winter than my previous 2.0 petrol in the summer... (same journeys)
seats - being S version I got 18/18 way ones - fantastic to sit in. finding ideal position took me 2 weeks, but now is just perfect
suspension - on 20" alloys and ride is great, better than on previous 17". like adaptive dynamics as well
audio - despite not being B&W or Meridian, 600W is good enough. sometimes flat, but that's just quality of songs (mp3 below 320kbps) as most of the time it's 'juicy' as it should be
heated front screen - specially now - love it

bad bits
front door rattles - both sides, cables - to be done under warranty, just need to find time really
cruise control wheel - bit dodgy, sometimes sticks or not works first time - assuming it will be under warranty, as above

annoyance's rather than bad points
info system - bit slow sometimes
sat nav - can't enter full post code and can't put speed cameras as poi's (because of the soft), other than that it's not that bad

am I missing anything? yes
heated steering wheel! would be great on them frosty mornings :)
even better sound system

I love it to bits, and will even more, to the last screw, when will get them 2 things fixed. that's about it. all I can wish for now is thousands of trouble free motoring :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts