XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one

i think im first member from middle east who will owen SV8 XF

Saddly im still in the waiting list >> Delivery date 27/7/2008 and more 20 days for shipping

Im happy to join you !!! :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi

I'm also from the Middle East. Dubai to be exact. I pick up my new XF tommorow. 4.2 V8 Premium Luxury with every concievable extra. AED 255,000 all in. :lol: Indigo Blue with Champagne interior - really looking forward to whizzing up Sheikh Zayed Road!! Those who live locally will know what I mean. Bring it on!!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Jules said:
Hi

I'm also from the Middle East. Dubai to be exact. I pick up my new XF tommorow. 4.2 V8 Premium Luxury with every concievable extra. AED 255,000 all in. :lol: Indigo Blue with Champagne interior - really looking forward to whizzing up Sheikh Zayed Road!! Those who live locally will know what I mean. Bring it on!!
Hi Jules,
Good to see you here; you are very welcome even if you do come from the land of cheap fuel :)

It would be good to see a picture or two of you on this famed road.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, just thought I'd send a post with famed Sheikh Zayed Road picture attached, that I spoke about in previous post. Nice for cruising!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Brilliant Jules, thanks for the pictures.
It is always good to pictures of places that we just read about.
Your car looks marvellous in such a place :)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
XF7097 said:
Hi jules

im from Dubai too

from the pis you living in jemirah ... that right ??
He is probably just wanting a ride in an XF to while away the time until his own arrives :D

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Very nice indeed.
I did not know you had got your car. I think the last time you posted you said you were waiting for it.
How long have you had it now and is it as good as you had hoped :?:

·
Registered
55 Posts
From The Ranches, what about you? If you have an SV8 i'll try and avoid your neighbourhood, or else it will make mine look a bit normal.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Jules said:
From The Ranches, what about you? If you have an SV8 i'll try and avoid your neighbourhood, or else it will make mine look a bit normal.
Jules,
I don't know how you can say such a thing :eek:
You should invite XF7097 to join you for a mixed grill in the Golden Fork and toast the health of Roma :lol: And a picture of your cars together would be good. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
XF7097 has a tiled garage floor!! Now someone that posh is not going to want a take out in the Golden Fork. I must say, the car looks good in white, a nice contrast to mine. Nice rims too. Those are the 20 inch if i'm not mistaken. I've had mine now for nearly two weeks. In all that time I've yet to come across another on the road.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Jules said:
XF7097 has a tiled garage floor!! Now someone that posh is not going to want a take out in the Golden Fork. I must say, the car looks good in white, a nice contrast to mine. Nice rims too. Those are the 20 inch if i'm not mistaken. I've had mine now for nearly two weeks. In all that time I've yet to come across another on the road.
Again Jules,I don't know how you can write such a thing :)
Why not just wait and see what XF7097 writes. I suspect that he will be delighted to see your car on the road and as for the Golden Fork, who knows :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Jules & Pekem

pekem said:
Very nice indeed.
I did not know you had got your car. I think the last time you posted you said you were waiting for it.
How long have you had it now and is it as good as you had hoped :?:
Yes i recieved two month eariler than i expected ... the reason because someone booked the car and then he just changed his mind in buying SV8Xf so i bought it instead of him

Jules said:
mmmm im not actullay from Dubai but you know everyone calling UAE as DUbai ... im from city called ( Dog city ) kalba ... and your car is nice and not normal no worry about my SV8 lool i will not take the spot from you :lol:

Jules said:
Jules said:
Jules,
I don't know how you can say such a thing
You should invite XF7097 to join you for a mixed grill in the Golden Fork and toast the health of Roma And a picture of your cars together would be good.
yes i would like that Pekem ;) ... by the way how do you know about golden fork ... i think you ve been in DUbai in the past ... :lol:

pekem said:
Jules said:
mmmm i will be happy if you invite me to Golden fork and im not too psh though lool

i havent been in Golden fork in my life so it will be new eat experience to me .... What about nandos in SH Zayed road ,,, spicy sandwisch

by the way are you local ???

Thanks both Jules & Pekem

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
XF7097 said:
Hi Jules & Pekem

[
Jules said:
Jules,
I don't know how you can say such a thing
You should invite XF7097 to join you for a mixed grill in the Golden Fork and toast the health of Roma And a picture of your cars together would be good.
yes i would like that Pekem ;) ... by the way how do you know about golden fork ... i think you ve been in DUbai in the past ... :lol:
There is another thread which you have missed and in it Roma writes:

Roma said:
Jules said:
True, the roads are all brand new and nicely manicured. But at least you get corners in UK. I fear I'm in danger of burning out my cruise control!!! I've spent the last weekend trying to source a decent roundabout where I can test the cornering propery.
Try the Al-Satwa roundabout in Bur Dubai in rush hour! Oh, and please order me a mixed grill from the Golden Fork restaurant just by that roundabout...
So you see XF7097 I was simply remembering what Roma wrote and sadly, I have never travelled to your country.

Well there you have it Jules, I see a photo opportunity coming up :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Absolutely Pekem.

Incidently, last Friday I happened upon my first sighting of another XF on the road in Dubai, which just happened to be a white SV8. It was travelling past Jebel Ali Racing Club heading towards the Palm/ Marina area. I thought about giving chase but then realised that it would probably end up with the pair of us spending a rather unpleasant night (or longer) in Al Aweer Prison. Not sensible really!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Jules said:
Absolutely Pekem.

Incidently, last Friday I happened upon my first sighting of another XF on the road in Dubai, which just happened to be a white SV8. It was travelling past Jebel Ali Racing Club heading towards the Palm/ Marina area. I thought about giving chase but then realised that it would probably end up with the pair of us spending a rather unpleasant night (or longer) in Al Aweer Prison. Not sensible really!
Well it might have been XF7097 heading down to the Golden Fork :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts