XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaguar (not the dealer) called to say the diff is with the dealer and hopefully should get the car back tonight, the camel that brought it down from West Brom is very tired having taking 3 weeks to do the trip.
Jaguar have said that I seem to know about the XF than they do (fault wise) I said you should get out more often and log on to all the forums you might learn something.
We may have a birthday party for the xf as its 6 weeks today that I picked it up, doesnt time drag when you are pi$$ed off.

gary

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vapourgrey said:
Fingers crossed the dealer fits it properly. :p
If they dont fit it OK you might see me on the 6:00 news tonight as the police drag me away from the burnt out remains of the garage
Dont tell me they have scratched it or even dented it, with my luck you never know its getting a good look around before I leave, you can bet on that.
Should I accept the rear DVD screens if they offer them to me as a sorry gesture.

gary

Just when you think at last the end is in sight the dealer calls they do not want to rush it so looks like late Monday their QA guy does not work weekends so thats another £200 that jaguar must pay the car hire firm., where did I put those matches

·
Registered
374 Posts
I feel your pain, Gary. If the XF wasn't such a great car i'd have dumped it ages ago. Despite the best attempts of Jaguar Cars and my local dealership to ruin the reputation of Jaguar, I stuck with the XF. It's a flawed car in many respects but feels very special to drive. So, the grin-factor for me is worth the pain of the worst post-sales service that I have ever experienced in a quarter of a century of driving.

My suggestion is to occupy yourself over the weekend to take your mind off the XF. Pick it up on Monday and check every inch of it very carefully (including tyre pressures!). Then wave goodbye to the Jag dealer and enjoy the car.

I am so happy that after five visits to my dealer in four months and my car being kept by the dealer for nearly three weeks across those five visits, I won't have to visit a Jag dealer until next year some time when the service comes up. Fingers crossed that is.

The XF is a fabulous car so just look forward to Monday when you'll be able to drive something that truly has the X-factor.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Roma I was about to reject the car starting next week if nothing had been resolved on the diff, but I am almost there. Jaguar want to talk goodwill gestures next week as the car will be starting its 4th week (3 weeks 1 day) with them.

I am livid with the dealer, I heard that the diff was in at about 11:00 from jaguar and that the dealer would be in touch, the longer it went without a call from them the more uneasy I became. They called at just before 2:00 saying that they did not want to rush it and that their QA man neede to be there to make sure eveything was OK but he did not work weekends, thats a lie because he was going to work on my car last weekend if the diff came late friday. Then he said he would call me mid day monday if things went OK, this is a 3 hour job on jaguars list so why 2 1/2 days to do it, I think they had other cars to do and put mine at the back of the list its been there for a long time what difference would a few more days make, it does to jaguar because I still have their hire car.

Nevermind it can not go on for much longer can it?

gary I must stop nagging

1 - 6 of 6 Posts