XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a similar thread on my own Web site. I was shocked to find that my fill-up with diesel cost me 124.9p per litre yesterday. I was running very low (down to 5 miles range) and was running out of options as most of the petrol stations around my area were completely out of normal unleaded and diesel. I found a Shell station and the only fuel they have was V-Power (petrol and diesel). I reluctantly filled up with Shell V-Power Diesel. The cost was £80! :eek:

So much for buying a diesel to for economy!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was about 280 miles on the first tank. Mostly town driving, short trips but with around 80 miles of motorway driving. I also had the engine idling for long periods of time whilst I played around with the car - perhaps 2-3 hours in total of not actually driving it but having the engine running. Still, not very good fuel economy.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I've just had my fuel warning come up with 50 miles left and had 5 miles on the car when a full tank was added. Car now had 420 miles on it and most of that has been around london apart from the 200 mile journey on fast roads yesterday

1 - 4 of 4 Posts